Roskilde resale

Watergirl

Posting this here, as Roskilde is somewhat comparable to Glastonbury in size and scope.  Apparently they received 5000 tickets for refunds, out of 80,000.  Everyone else rolled over their ticket.  There was a waitlist option for people interested in the resale tickets, and the waitlist was bigger than the amount of tickets available, and those tickets are now gone.

They are also making 5000 additional "under 25" tickets available, that will go on sale in November.  Proof of age required.

I am without a ticket for Glastonbury 2022, hoping for a resale ticket.  The small Roskilde resale is not good news, but was to be expected I suppose.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Posting this here, as Roskilde is somewhat comparable to Glastonbury in size and scope.  Apparently they received 5000 tickets for refunds, out of 80,000.  Everyone else rolled over their ticket.  There was a waitlist option for people interested in the resale tickets, and the waitlist was bigger than the amount of tickets available, and those tickets are now gone.

They are also making 5000 additional "under 25" tickets available, that will go on sale in November.  Proof of age required.

I am without a ticket for Glastonbury 2022, hoping for a resale ticket.  The small Roskilde resale is not good news, but was to be expected I suppose.

Is the time between sales comparable ? 

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Young people are the future of everything, but music is universal. Still don't get it.

Get them in young and you’ve got a customer for the next 10-20 years. If you keep selling to the same group eventually they’ll all fall away and you’ve nobody coming through to replace them.

34 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What's the point of the 'under 25' sale? I don't get it.

In the Q&A it says that for two years "young people" didn't have the chance to get their first festival experience.  My guess is that it is also to boost the percentage of young attendees.

Roskilde used to give free entry to locals over 60 on their final day, to make it more an all ages event.  This was so successful that they had to keep upping the age.

Edited by Watergirl

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

But clearly not enough are in if they feel the need to sell tickets specifically to that age group.

Tbf I have no clue what Roskilde is like but I'd say the best way to get youngsters in (if they want that) is to book acts that they want.

Look at R&L and TRNSMT, they book what the kids want and they flock in.

Roskilde in particular is a rite-of-passage thing in Denmark. Kids start going when they're 15, and go back for the rest of their lives. Kids who would have started going a few years ago have missed out two years in a row. Some of my mates in CPH have been going every year for almost 25 years now (I'm pushing 40 now).

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

In the Q&A it says that for two years "young people" didn't have the chance to get their first festival experience.  My guess is that it is also to boost the percentage of young attendees.

This is the really obvious answer imo. You don’t want a festival full of oldies (no offence to those here…) - the youngest cohort were not able to buy tickets becusse they were under 18 when the tickets went on sale, but are now 19/20.

3 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Very interesting, ta for posting that.

9 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Roskilde used to give free entry to locals over 60 on their final day, to make it more an all ages event.  This was so successful that they had to keep upping the age.

This is the strangest thing ever to imagine, sounds fantastic though would love to do Rosklide. Seems to be Danish R&L but you go past age 25

13 hours ago, gfa said:

This is the strangest thing ever to imagine, sounds fantastic though would love to do Rosklide. Seems to be Danish R&L but you go past age 25

Definitely worth a try one year. I've noticed they've started to target their headliners more toward a younger audience - although you still get some older acts such as The Cure, Bob Dylan, Faith No More, etc - but really the true gems of the lineup are to be found lower down. They tend to be really good at curating a lineup that's good throughout, instead of blowing their budget on the headliners.

However the food is shit and they absolutely trash the campsites, it's not exactly a nice environment

On 10/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Definitely worth a try one year. I've noticed they've started to target their headliners more toward a younger audience - although you still get some older acts such as The Cure, Bob Dylan, Faith No More, etc - but really the true gems of the lineup are to be found lower down. They tend to be really good at curating a lineup that's good throughout, instead of blowing their budget on the headliners.

However the food is shit and they absolutely trash the campsites, it's not exactly a nice environment

I would definitely be up for it, probably in a fallow year or something

Edited by gfa

On 10/17/2021 at 12:19 AM, gfa said:

I would definitely be up for it, probably in a fallow year or something

I used to go regularly to Roskilde (haven't been for a good few years now). You could actually tell when it was a Glastonbury fallow year as there would be noticeably more Brits.  This was before festival-going became such a big thing, and when there wasn't as much choice within the UK as there is now (well, not now, but in a normal year).

One of the things I liked about Roskilde is that bands can play as long as they want and are not forced to do a shorter festival set. So you get three hours of Springsteen or the Cure, and even earlier in the day acts can play their regular length gig.  Also the sound was always great, at all stages.