Vax passports in Wales and Scotland-MVT statement

rivalschools.price

Just seen this posted by the Music Venue Trust.

Shows the level of common sense out there that they’ve had to post it really.

How can people blame the venues when they aren’t the ones that make the laws? Even worse is that the MVT was against vaccine passports but it has been imposed on them. Yet still people take it out on them. Exasperating.

Seen a lot of people moaning about this but if it's a necessary step to avoid us having to cancel/postpone gigs then I'm all for it! It shouldn't really slow down the process of getting people in too much provided anyone attending is prepared. They now just need to scan a QR code as well as your ticket. The only issue is likely to be people turning up without the required QR code and holding things up.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Seen a lot of people moaning about this but if it's a necessary step to avoid us having to cancel/postpone gigs then I'm all for it! It shouldn't really slow down the process of getting people in too much provided anyone attending is prepared. They now just need to scan a QR code as well as your ticket. The only issue is likely to be people turning up without the required QR code and holding things up.

I attended 2 gigs where I had to show them and yes it is just unprepared people who slow things down a lot but not the venues fault and I wouldn't dream of giving the people doing their jobs grief about it. I was just bloody glad to be back at gigs again. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I attended 2 gigs where I had to show them and yes it is just unprepared people who slow things down a lot but not the venues fault and I wouldn't dream of giving the people doing their jobs grief about it. I was just bloody glad to be back at gigs again. 

Exactly that. My first gig back required it and it was fine. To be fair to the ticketing companies/event organisers they are making it pretty clear on confirmation emails & tickets that you will need it so it should only be a very small minority who don't have them ready.

8 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Its a simple thing to do and is likely to become the normal if it keeps everyone safe and allows being to do things then Im all for it! 

It doesn't necessarily keep everyone safe, though. As the original tweet said, the MVT have made clear that the reason they object to the proposals is the evidence that this would have any substantial impact on the spread (off the top of my head: clubs, gigs and bars have been opened in England since July, without any huge spike in case numbers), which they've provided to the governments, and which both seem to have roundly ignored.

31 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

It doesn't necessarily keep everyone safe, though. As the original tweet said, the MVT have made clear that the reason they object to the proposals is the evidence that this would have any substantial impact on the spread (off the top of my head: clubs, gigs and bars have been opened in England since July, without any huge spike in case numbers), which they've provided to the governments, and which both seem to have roundly ignored.

I was talking in a general sense of keeping safe and allowing the music live events industry to keep going! I guess doing LFTs for work means tht i just see it as somehing small tht keeps things functioning and helps out the nhs! 

30 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Agree with every word of this. It's a policy brought in on political grounds not medical grounds. No evidence at all that it makes going to a gig any safer. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I'm travelling to Scotland for a gig tomorrow. My English NHS double vax pass is good enough, isn't it?

I live in Scotland, been to a few gigs up here recently and not been asked for the vax passport yet. I have the proof of being double jabbed and have been testing before gigs.

What size of venue are you going to? If its below a certain capacity they don't require them. 

Contact the venue / promoter if you are worried but I would be surprised if you were turned away. 

2 minutes ago, coma girl said:

I live in Scotland, been to a few gigs up here recently and not been asked for the vax passport yet. I have the proof of being double jabbed and have been testing before gigs.

What size of venue are you going to? If its below a certain capacity they don't require them. 

Contact the venue / promoter if you are worried but I would be surprised if you were turned away. 

The law doesn't come into affect for another 6 days, businesses have until the 18th to come up with a compliance plan (think this date was possibly moved back as they fucked up the release for the app you're meant to use as proof).
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/overview/

It applies to indoor unseated gigs of over 500, outdoor unseated gigs of over 4000 and any gig/event with more than 10,000 
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

23 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Agree with every word of this. It's a policy brought in on political grounds not medical grounds. No evidence at all that it makes going to a gig any safer. 

Well if it encourages more people to get vaccinated, it'll make everything safer for everyone, including going to gigs. And reduces the chance of another lockdown which would impact venues even more.

Now it's certainly unfair that it's being imposed on music venues and not say pubs or restaurants but that doesn't mean it won't work.

41 minutes ago, coma girl said:

It's the O2 Academy in Glasgow, so fairly big. I contacted the venue already and they said it will be fine, but you never know when you contact these places whether they know what they're on about 😂

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Well if it encourages more people to get vaccinated, it'll make everything safer for everyone, including going to gigs. And reduces the chance of another lockdown which would impact venues even more.

Now it's certainly unfair that it's being imposed on music venues and not say pubs or restaurants but that doesn't mean it won't work.

This is part of the problem.  I don’t think there is any compelling evidence that this will make people have the vaccine. The people who are hesitant may in fact be more resistant when it seems that their being coerced into having a vaccination to engage in society. It may actually be counterproductive. 

At least the Welsh version allows for a negative LFT, so you can at least argue that it’s a law aimed at reducing the infection rate and protecting others who are vulnerable. 

7 hours ago, K2SO said:

I'm travelling to Scotland for a gig tomorrow. My English NHS double vax pass is good enough, isn't it?

Was at a football game recently and folk travelling from outside Scotland just had proof of double vax and ID   Wasn’t an issue,  I’ve got the QR code on an app and a paper copy. Can’t see you having any problems  Of course it would make common sense if we had a UK approach to this and would save a lot of bother 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, El Matador said:

I agree with what you’re saying but whether  it makes going to a gig safer or not is irrelevant to what the MVT statement was saying. 

it’s neither the MVT, the venue themselves or their staff that has made this rule so the ones giving them abuse or taking it out on them are just idiots.

Edited by rivalschools.price