Heavy Music Releases Discussion

Andre91

A few of the song names aren’t that far off tbf. That being said, I’m not actually sure if MW are right-wing or not.

1. Fuck The Haters
2. Please Stay Calm
3. Generation Prime
4. A.S.S.H.O.L.E.
5. Skateboard
6. Gone Are The Days
7. Triggered
8. Giulia
9. Germ
10. Never Been A Problem
11. Big Time
12. Sawdust
13. No Friend Of Mine

Disturbed being slight more subtle in titling their anti-woke nonsense 'Hey You'

Looks like the era of inclusive metal bands might be coming to an end and I need to start flogging some band t-shirts. Looking forward to the 2020s version of One in A Million in a few weeks from one of these crackpot bands. 

It's entirely possible to be left wing and have some right wing views or vice versa as the world is full of greys rather than just black and white. You can be pro-Brexit and anti-nationalism or anti-lockdown but pro-vaccination or pro-conservative and pro-gay (probably because of how much they buggered each other in their private schools 😜 ) so just because they are against one induvial thing it doesn't make them an alt right white power c**t.

Although some members of System Of A Down coming out as right wing is a fucking odd one.

• Upvote 1

Quite shocking to see how many people on that official forum automatically filter anyone not as left as them into "far right" as if it's only one of the other. Literally exactly what that Disturbed song is talking about and I can't believe I'm defending fucking Disturbed of all bands. They'll be pretty shocked when they see what someone ACTUALLY far right thinks compared to the incredibly mild take of "people online should stop being horrible to each other"

The funniest party is James "don't tread on me" Hetfield is probably headlining two nights and nobody bats an eye 😂

18 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Quite shocking to see how many people on that official forum automatically filter anyone not as left as them into "far right" as if it's only one of the other. Literally exactly what that Disturbed song is talking about and I can't believe I'm defending fucking Disturbed of all bands. They'll be pretty shocked when they see what someone ACTUALLY far right thinks compared to the incredibly mild take of "people online should stop being horrible to each other"

The funniest party is James "don't tread on me" Hetfield is probably headlining two nights and nobody bats an eye 😂

Yeah, if we ignore Cancel Culture isn't really the thing people think it is for a moment as a concept it's not something I agree with as it ignores being able to repent or rehabilitation which are more lefty values than the right idea of Law & Order/punishing people to make yourself feel better so it's fucking odd thing to get you knickers in a twist anyway.

In any case it's all bollocks. I'm gonna listen to Babymetal now since there's nothing controversial about them! 😜 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah, for some reason everyone has to be categorised as ‘far right nutter’ or ‘loony leftie’.

There’s no in between. Haha 

15 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, for some reason everyone has to be categorised as ‘far right nutter’ or ‘loony leftie’.

There’s no in between. Haha 

Pretty much wraps up society in general these days. People are so used to divisions and flying off the handle when they don't need to I don't see it changing any time soon. If you're in the centre, the first thing that someone sees from the edges is you and you get the hate. Does my head in. I'm not even sure there is a silent majority anymore.

I’m Not 100% sure how cancel culture works, most use it to attract more fans.

‘Come and watch my new Netflix series where I talk about how cancelled I am’

’or let me tell you how I’ve been silenced by coming to my 42 date tour where I talk about just how much I’ve been silenced’

People just lap it all up and don’t realise that they’re being played.

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 1

New Slipknot album apparently coming the first week of September and is called The End For Now. Single called Dying Song coming some time today.

There have been rumours of this being their last album for a while now, and what with that title (+ the last song on the album being called ‘Finale’ according to a leaked tracklist) it seems like this might well be the final go around for the Knot. Copping must be punching the air right now. 

28C8BB58-52FE-4F68-B2AE-2C0F1D97A696.jpeg

2691C596-3B3D-48DA-B7BA-044CAFD7AF56.jpeg

Edited by FloorFiller

33 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

t seems like this might well be the final go around for the Knot. Copping must be punching the air right now. 

I would have thought Copping would be shitting himself with Slipknot retiring/going on hiatus plus Rammstein moving to stadiums as their shows won't fit at festivals anymore and the likes of Ozzy, KISS, Aerosmith etc retiring he's gonna be even more fucked for headliners now. Bring Me are gonna have to headline every other year now. lol

In any case a new album! 🙂

Edited by jump

17 minutes ago, jump said:

I would have though Copping would be shitting himself with Slipknot retiring/going on hiatus plus Rammstein moving to stadiums as their shows won't fit at festivals anymore and the likes of Ozzy, KISS, Aerosmith etc retiring he's gonna be even more fucked for headliners now. Bring Me are gonna have to headline every other year now. lol

Yup his refusal to bump acts up to headliners is quickly gonna bite him on the arse in the next few years it seems. Avenged Sevenfold, BMTH and Biffy to headline every year starting from 2024.

50 minutes ago, jump said:

I would have thought Copping would be shitting himself with Slipknot retiring/going on hiatus plus Rammstein moving to stadiums as their shows won't fit at festivals anymore and the likes of Ozzy, KISS, Aerosmith etc retiring he's gonna be even more fucked for headliners now. Bring Me are gonna have to headline every other year now. lol

Perfect time to step down and let someone else takes the blame reigns 😄

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yup his refusal to bump acts up to headliners is quickly gonna bite him on the arse in the next few years it seems. Avenged Sevenfold, BMTH and Biffy to headline every year starting from 2024.

Ah, I thought you meant punching the air in excitement as he can flog a few more tixs when they play in the usual short term thinking from him.

4 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Perfect time to step down and let someone else takes the blame reigns 😄

Yeah, even Michael Eavis and Melvin Benn clocked onto they don't get the yoof anymore so they let someone else start booking with them since they are so out of touch. Copping isn't the humblest of guys so it will take Download crashing for him to realise that imo.

New Slipknot song’s pretty mid tbh. Not terrible by any means, but both it and The Chapeltown Rag just seem very Slipknot by numbers and don’t have particularly great choruses to make them stand out. Hoping rest of the album has some better stuff - last album was surprisingly fantastic and still gets a lot of plays from me so would be a shame if this does prove to be their last and it’s not all that. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, justanothername said:

New Chat Pile album is phenomenal. Perfect for the Dogtooth stage.

Yep outstanding album. Like a sludgier Daughters.

Also, anybody who’s in to stuff like Employed to Serve and Rolo Tomassi should check out the new Ithaca album They Fear Us. Very good.

• Upvote 1