Heavy Music Releases Discussion

Andre91

15 minutes ago, jump said:

Tool were pretty good last night, although I do wish I listen to the last album more beforehand but otherwise a great fucking show.

I'm listening to the new Halestorm album and it's pretty decent, perhaps even their best album. Normally they are a band that work much better live for me than on record so this is a nice surprise.

You lucky bastard getting to see them do Ticks & Leeches. They haven't played that live in a decade, only one other time this tour in Hamburg. 

Yeah they've been playing the entire new album minus the longest song, I think a few people were surprised that it's still  the album tour since everything got postponed for Covid. Seen them do Descending 3 times now and it's by far my favourite 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

You lucky bastard getting to see them do Ticks & Leeches. They haven't played that live in a decade, only one other time this tour in Hamburg. 

Yeah they've been playing the entire new album minus the longest song, I think a few people were surprised that it's still  the album tour since everything got postponed for Covid. Seen them do Descending 3 times now and it's by far my favourite 

It was really cool when they played Ticks & Leeches as they had this huge moth/bug thing projected onto the stage. I really wish I had took some shrooms with me for this show.

Whilst it’s more of the same, Suicide Silence’s new song is really good. 

Speaking of them, I re-listened to their self-titled album they brought out a few years ago for the first time in ages the other day as I remember liking it at the time. It’s a really decent album. I still can’t believe they tried something different and people kicked off so they went straight back to Suicide Silence-by-numbers deathcore. 

I’d like to see them back at Download. I saw them in 2017 and they were really good. 

Edited by Andre91

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Great band, though not one I'd listen to frequently! I hope they play Download next year, I think they are made for main stage tbh.

But why book a new or diverse band to the main stage at Download when you can book Saxon instead!

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I just got round to listening to the new Vein.fm album for the first time last night and it’s bloody excellent. Currently on my fourth listen whilst on a free period at work. It’s GOOD. 

They were incredible at Outbreak. Never seen a band be so relentless live before. Easily one of the best sets of the weekend. Download needs to book them next year.

1 hour ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but Massive Wagons’ new single ‘Fuck the Haters’ is as cringe as the title suggests.

and the album is titled ‘Triggered!’...

That’s them with a Main Stage spot next year!  

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

New Architects album due before the Biffy tour, surely getting a good Download spot next year.

Sigh, and so continues Architects path to pure mediocrity. Suppose it was inevitable what with their rising star and bands often feeling the need to appeal to the masses a little more when that happens, but sad all the same. 

On 7/9/2022 at 2:04 AM, WhoOdyssey said:

I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but Massive Wagons’ new single ‘Fuck the Haters’ is as cringe as the title suggests.

and the album is titled ‘Triggered!’...

Perhaps the album is a concept album of Daily Mail clichés.

Track 1 - Snowflakes

Track 2 - Offended

Track 3 - Woke

Track 4 - Something or other about trans people or immigrants or something.