Heavy Music Releases Discussion

Andre91

21 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

The new Greg Pucaito song is brilliant, really looking forward to the album.

Missed the news that he had new stuff coming out. Yeah new song is great. Glad that he’s staying active as he’s a great frontman, and his first solo album was massively under appreciated. Guys got so much range. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

New Machine Head album August 26. First single here. Pretty standard stuff from them, but no sign of rapping (yet) so already an improvement on the last album:

Been a hot minute since they were at DL. Second stage headliners or is that too much? 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure they’re a bit fussy over where they’re billed at festivals and so tend to stick to their own shows these days.

Interesting. Shame because I don't personally like them enough to pay £50 but would watch at Download.

Yeah, MH have chosen not to play festivals for quite a while now. If I remember correctly, their initial statement said something along the lines of playing a handful of songs in a car park 😂 

I think they’d get a heroes welcome, though, if they were to return. Either subbing Main or getting an extended 90min Second Stage headline slot would be a brilliant piece of booking work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic from new releases, but anyone going to see Tool in next few days are in for an absolute belter of a gig.  Saw them in Manchester on Monday and it's one of the best gigs I've ever attended.  

On 5/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, Red Day said:

Off topic from new releases, but anyone going to see Tool in next few days are in for an absolute belter of a gig.  Saw them in Manchester on Monday and it's one of the best gigs I've ever attended.  

Cheers for the heads up, I've got tixs for them at the O2 tomorrow.

How did you find the setlist? I keep seeing chatter about them not playing a lot of major songs.

22 minutes ago, jump said:

Cheers for the heads up, I've got tixs for them at the O2 tomorrow.

How did you find the setlist? I keep seeing chatter about them not playing a lot of major songs.

Saw them in Manchester then in Birmingham two days later, blew the roof off both times. Phenomenal. 

Setlist wise it's still the Fear Inoculum tour so it's mostly that album, but they've swapped out a lot of the older songs that they've been playing non-stop for 20 years. Still some absolute bangers in there but not the hits you'd expect generally.

DO NOT take out your phone for ANY reason during the show. Saw Birmingham security kick several people out. They couldn't be more clear about the policy, don't be dumb, Maynard will let you film the last song if you want to. Have a blast! 

18 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Saw them in Manchester then in Birmingham two days later, blew the roof off both times. Phenomenal. 

Setlist wise it's still the Fear Inoculum tour so it's mostly that album, but they've swapped out a lot of the older songs that they've been playing non-stop for 20 years. Still some absolute bangers in there but not the hits you'd expect generally.

DO NOT take out your phone for ANY reason during the show. Saw Birmingham security kick several people out. They couldn't be more clear about the policy, don't be dumb, Maynard will let you film the last song if you want to. Have a blast! 

Cheers.

I’m always in two minds about set lists as bands should play whatever songs they want and I’d rather they play a song they are gonna enjoy whilst they are giving it their all rather than a song they are sick of as they have been playing it 200 times a year for the last 20 years but Tool rarely tour so a lot of fans have not had a chance to see some of these songs. The same thing applies with Nine Inch Nails, I’ve seen them 3 times and I’ve yet to see them play Closer their biggest song.

Then again I’m thinking selfishly as I’ve not seen them before.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve just put the new Puppy album on and the first proper song is bloody great. Pure Siamese Dream era Pumpkins. I’ll report back after the rest of the record as they were a band that had a lot of hype about 5/6 years ago. 

Yeah I gave it a listen yesterday and it’s pretty good. Like you say, the first song is a proper banger and I don’t think the rest of the album quite reached those heights again, but it’s still a decent effort. 

On another note, Matt Heafy’s ‘death metal’ project Ibaraki released their debut on Friday and it’s not bad at all. Tbh, I loved Trivium’s new album but I’ve seen a few people say this one has a real Shogun feel to it which I get so one for fans of Trivium of old. Still can’t get over that being Gerard Way screaming on Ronin. 

2 hours ago, jump said:

Cheers.

I’m always in two minds about set lists as bands should play whatever songs they want and I’d rather they play a song they are gonna enjoy whilst they are giving it their all rather than a song they are sick of as they have been playing it 200 times a year for the last 20 years but Tool rarely tour so a lot of fans have not had a chance to see some of these songs. The same thing applies with Nine Inch Nails, I’ve seen them 3 times and I’ve yet to see them play Closer their biggest song.

Then again I’m thinking selfishly as I’ve not seen them before.

Yeah I know what you mean, they haven't played an arena show here since 2006 so most of us have never had the chance. Doesn't help that they're touring the latest album so that eats up half the list. Still an incredible show regardless and Brass Against will play a couple more Tool tracks beforehand which helps make up for it, don't skip 'em. 

28 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah I know what you mean, they haven't played an arena show here since 2006 so most of us have never had the chance. Doesn't help that they're touring the latest album so that eats up half the list. Still an incredible show regardless and Brass Against will play a couple more Tool tracks beforehand which helps make up for it, don't skip 'em. 

Yeah Brass Against are cool as fuck, I’ve seen them before at Boomtown. I rarely ever miss the supports bands anyway but I’m definitely getting in early to see them too.

• Like 1

Tool were pretty good last night, although I do wish I listen to the last album more beforehand but otherwise a great fucking show.

I'm listening to the new Halestorm album and it's pretty decent, perhaps even their best album. Normally they are a band that work much better live for me than on record so this is a nice surprise.