Heavy Music Releases Discussion

Andre91

On 10/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, Alex Winstone said:

Got into a Japanese band called Boris this afternoon released an album in August elements of Stoner, Hardcore,Shoegazing and Thrash. Very good

Are you on about No or am I missing something? I swear that album came out last year as a Bandcamp exclusive but I have seen that it has recently been put on most streaming services. Though I'm surprised they haven't released a new album this year. They remind of King Gizz before they even existed with them switching up sounds around a core aesthetic with mulitple releases a year. Not many of their albums are avaiable for stream but out of the ones that are I would recommend Pink and Akuma No Uta and if you are up for some drone Feedbacker and Amplifier Worship.

Edited by justanothername

Out of all the heavy releases this year the album that Death Goals put out is still my favourite. It's just so choatic and violent.

https://deathgoals.bandcamp.com/album/the-horrible-and-the-miserable

Also that really enjoyed the new Limp Bizkit album. It does have one or two songs I don't like but overall it's a fun listen.

Edited by justanothername

27 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Are you on about No or am I missing something? I swear that album came out last year as a Bandcamp exclusive but I have seen that it has recently been put on most streaming services. Though I'm surprised they haven't released a new album this year. They remind of King Gizz before they even existed with them switching up sounds around a core aesthetic with mulitple releases a year. Not many of their albums are avaiable for stream but out of the ones that are I would recommend Pink and Akuma No Uta and if you are up for some drone Feedbacker and Amplifier Worship.

Yes I'm on about No, I've been listening to them a lot this weekend. Pink so far is outstanding.

• 1 month later...

Not all heavy music but here’s my top 10 albums of 2021. Some decent heavier stuff in 2021 for sure though. I’d also recommend the Halsey album to anyone into NIN as Trent and Atticus produced the album it has some very NIN elements to it. 

1. Biffy Clyro - The Myth Of The Happily Ever After

2. Turnstile - Glow On

3. Halsey - If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power

4. Rise Against - Nowhere Generation

5. Wolf Alice - Blue Weekend

6. Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under

7. Limp Bizkit - Still Sucks

8. Every Time I Die - Radical

9. Olivia Rodrigo - Sour

10. Foo Fighters - Medicine At Midnight

• Upvote 1

I can't actually remember what I put down as my top albums of the year in the thread before the reset. In no specific order I'd rate these as my top ten albums of the year.

Bokassa

Ministry

The Bronx

Amyl and the Sniffers

Gojira

Mastadon

Skinny Lister

The Pretty Reckless

Rob Zombie

The Wildhearts

Also it's worth a mention that Weezer and Frank Carter both gave albums I was excited about but then ended up disappointed by even if they aren't bad albums.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, jump said:

I can't actually remember what I put down as my top albums of the year in the thread before the reset. In no specific order I'd rate these as my top ten albums of the year.

Bokassa

Ministry

The Bronx

Amyl and the Sniffers

Gojira

Mastadon

Skinny Lister

The Pretty Reckless

Rob Zombie

The Wildhearts

Also it's worth a mention that Weezer and Frank Carter both gave albums I was excited about but then ended up disappointed by even if they aren't bad albums.

I'd scratch either Skinny Lister or The Wildhearts from that list now as I've been listening to the new Every Time I Die album today and fuck it's good! I've seen they are touring with The Bronx soon in the UK, I need to grab tickets now.

3 hours ago, jump said:

I'd scratch either Skinny Lister or The Wildhearts from that list now as I've been listening to the new Every Time I Die album today and fuck it's good! I've seen they are touring with The Bronx soon in the UK, I need to grab tickets now.

Absolutely brilliant, isn’t it! It’s the only ETID album I’ve ever listened to because I’ve always found their extensive back catalogue intimidating and never known where to start. It ended up being #3 in my AOTY list. I adore it. 

They’re playing Rock City the night before I’m seeing Turnstile there and I’m really tempted by the double header. 

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Absolutely brilliant, isn’t it! It’s the only ETID album I’ve ever listened to because I’ve always found their extensive back catalogue intimidating and never known where to start. It ended up being #3 in my AOTY list. I adore it. 

They’re playing Rock City the night before I’m seeing Turnstile there and I’m really tempted by the double header. 

I'd say go for it. No one can say for sure if another lockdown is coming or not so I'm trying to fit as many gigs I can in plus I'm making up for the last couple of years of missed gigs.

10 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Really hope Malevolence bring out something this year 

I was talking to their bassist at their video shoot in Sheffield back in September and their new album is recorded. Matt Heafy features on it doing cleans, screaming and a guitar solo. I think it’ll be out in time for festival season. 

Edited by Andre91

Not a release, but Tool are back on the road and the new setlist is insane and refreshing, won't post here in case people are going to the UK dates and want to keep it a surprise. 

Hopefully Download get the chance to book them again, 13 year gap was pretty silly 

• 2 weeks later...

God, there’s been some good albums out these last couple of weeks, hasn’t there! 

Rolo Tomassi with an early runner for AOTY. Time Will Die is one of my favourite albums of the last decade and a record I adore and after having a week with the latest record, I think it is every bit as brilliant as it’s predecessor. A genuine 10/10. 

I’ve never been as big a fan of Venom Prison as I feel I should but Erebos is fantastic. By far their best work, for me, and an album I’m certain will be in my Top 20 come the end of the year. 

Zeal & Ardor’s self-titled album that came out on Friday is phenomenal. I’ve had it on repeat all weekend. He just gets stronger and stronger and, much like Venom Prison, this feels like the album he’s been building towards his whole career. This is going to feature very, very highly for me all year. 

2022 is going to be a stellar year. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...