Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

16 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Wonderful to hear this. Glad you had a great time.

I was also at both nights but am very much a die hard fan. This was my 9th and 10th PJ shows. I just love this band. The immense back catalogue is one thing, but they have just never let me down. They always play with such passion and sincerity. I remain utterly convinced that they would triumph atop the pyramid. I’ve seen one of their ‘hits’ shows at Mad Cool and they know how to play to a festival.

Also agree about Hyde Park. Previously I’ve hated it, mostly due to flat crowds. But everything this weekend was top. Logistics and everything worked well and everyone seemed really into it, atmosphere was great.

Went to PJ on Friday, flipping superb and I do wish I had done both nights now. having heard horror stories from the Elton shows I was actually pleasantly surprised by how everything worked at Hyde park, it was ok.

Also went to Duran Duran yesterday, also flipping excellent. They would smash the crap out of Sunday afternoon on the Farm.

12 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Off down to the Somerset House series later on. Anyone ever been? How are the logistics?

We're going to Black Midi on Wednesday. 

How was it? Do they have an early start/finish? I think Squid started at 2045 the other night so was wondering if curfew is 10pm because I'll be driving back to Southampton after.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, zahidf said:

Went in 2018. Fairly small but easy enough to get in/around

Cheers! Was easily navigable in the end, nice little outdoor venue.

23 hours ago, Green Croc said:

I went a few years back to see Parcels, I remember thinking it wasn't too crowded considering the size of the venue. Cool place for a gig and bar queues weren't too bad either

Aye, found that too! Got a nice spot not too far off the mixing desk, good sound.

14 hours ago, benali said:

We're going to Black Midi on Wednesday. 

How was it? Do they have an early start/finish? I think Squid started at 2045 the other night so was wondering if curfew is 10pm because I'll be driving back to Southampton after.

Curfew was 2230 yesterday, but CRJ was on at 2100 and done a shade after 2200. (Was only sixty-two minutes, including an encore.)

• Thanks 1

Black Midi put on a great show at Somerset House last night. Went through a load of random covers, some full songs, some just 30 second snippets. Great fun.

Caroline were a solid support too. Just love their live shows. 

Really good atmosphere too.

The Killlers. Still a a wonderful live band. Not likely to come back to Glastonbury soon of course.

Last gig of the European tour, you could feel that mix of happiness and relief 🙂

Lots of teens who were not born at the time of Hot Fuss, Sam's Town, knowing all the words, wearing the T Shirts.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Good gig then?

I was out in Goffs watching Ronnie vs Hendry. Great night for indoor sport!

Yeah, great night, I think they just get tighter as the years go by. Huge set list as always, great crowd, I like the Iveagh Gardens as a venue, compared to the Frames at kilmainham, it was chalk and cheese for organisation. Beautiful evening too…I’m sure the snooker was good craic (haven’t been in Goffs in ages!), but definitely a night for the outdoors! 

Finsbury park

Declan Mckenna - Great as usual, feel good summer anthems off the first album and the more bowie inspired second album is brilliant live

Fontaines DC - One of the best bands about at the minute, absolute carnage in the crowd and Grian is a brilliant front man

Sam Fender - Really good, was really humbled by the size of the crowd as it was his biggest gig yet. Wish he had a few pre-hypersonic songs in the setlist but that's just personal opinion 

4 minutes ago, GmasterWomble said:

Interpol - Saturday night Hackney Church.

One of the coolest looking venues I've been to. Expected album release songs got more of a greatest hits set with a few new ones chucked in.

90 odd minute set for £20ish - this is how prices should be set as standard. 

Agree with this, great night! The heat did make it a bit of a challenge

• Upvote 1

Just got back from Haim at Manchester Victoria warehouse, and I have to say it wasn’t as hot as I thought.

Arrived at the venue and it was cool they had the aircon going full wack. It got warm towards the end but not a lot warmer than outside. 
Georgia was the support and she was brilliant wouldn’t be out of place at dance stage. 
Haim were amazing, been waiting 10 years to see them and seen them twice in a month, they were stronger here but I preferred the slot at the farm as it was perfect outside in the sun. 

For anyone in Bristol and into heavier music and insanity, Go see The Armed. Theyre played a festival there in a few weeks and itll be worthy every cent you spend. Just saw them twice in a 24 hour period. hopefully they decide to make full tour plans and such. Im sure this at The Truth Stage or John Peel will get people talking if Glasto can book them.

7 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Just got back from Haim at Manchester Victoria warehouse, and I have to say it wasn’t as hot as I thought.

Arrived at the venue and it was cool they had the aircon going full wack. It got warm towards the end but not a lot warmer than outside. 
Georgia was the support and she was brilliant wouldn’t be out of place at dance stage. 
Haim were amazing, been waiting 10 years to see them and seen them twice in a month, they were stronger here but I preferred the slot at the farm as it was perfect outside in the sun. 

I was tempted to pick up a cheap ticket on Twickets but the heat sapped the energy out of me. Glad you enjoyed it. 

15 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

Belle and Sebastian were great at the Bristol Harborside on Friday.  They had Django Django as support who were also great.  Nice size crowd too.

Seeing them in Dublin in November. Loving the new album, glad to hear they are on good form!