Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Not really sure where to stick this - but if anyone wants two free tickets to parquet courts at Albert hall in Manchester tonight then lemme know! Rather they went to a good home than wasted.

PC onstage at about 9pm so still time to get yourself there if you're Manchester based!

Last week:
Tuesday - Eric Clapton: absolutely amazing
Thursday - Elton John: great songs, but I didn't like the venue and I couldn't help but feeling he wasn't as good as Clapton.
Friday - Thundercat: fantastic, Nas: great, Red Hot Chili Peppers: 1st hour was great, last half hour a little too slow imo

Wolf Alice was fun yesterday. Especially as the band decided to go and swim in the lake by the stage at the end of their set and climbing in the Baywatch rescue boat to end their exit. I would say it's a pity there's no lake by the pyramid stage but don't want to give the weather gods a bad idea.

On 5/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, henry bear said:

Saw the Alice Cooper/The Cult double bill at the new Swansea Arena last night. Very enjoyable night of old skool rock, and would love to see either on the farm at some stage - especially Alice

484747B7-9F46-4511-B524-E201B05CD720.jpeg

25D6E974-99D5-4014-8759-8A90E64BC71F.jpeg

How were Creeper? I really rate them.

Saw Noel Gallagher and his High Flying Birds last night at Eden after getting a cheap ticket - it was good but the sound wasn't great for some reason, which is unusual for Eden. Crowd was a bit flat as well and seemed mainly interested in the Oasis songs. At least I won't have to bother seeing him at Glastonbury now...

Confidence Man were supporting and were fantastic, although think it went over the heads of the Noel crowd a bit. There were definitely more than a few converts though. So good live.

10 hours ago, blue6field said:

Just out of Nine inch Nails in Glasgow.

Holy Shit!! What a show!, no huge production just Two hours of total bangers!

anyone going to the the rest of the nights are in for one hell of a gig.

I'm going Monday and very excited, so glad to hear this! 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, benali said:

Went to a free outdoor gig this afternoon in Southsea. Was a lovely afternoon sat in the sun watching Currls and the excellent Early Mornings.

Nice, seen Currls a couple of times as a support act in Brighton. They seem to be picking up a bit of momentum at the moment.

10 hours ago, blue6field said:

Speaking of, what were the stage times last night? 

Also saw beck last night lots of energy and a great set list. 

First time I've been to Victoria warehouse must admit its god awful for finding anywhere to park.....I suppose Harry styles being on at old Trafford didn't help .

Plus Victoria warehouse is ridiculously hot inside .

Anyway ignoring that really good gig 

5 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Also saw beck last night lots of energy and a great set list. 

First time I've been to Victoria warehouse must admit its god awful for finding anywhere to park.....I suppose Harry styles being on at old Trafford didn't help .

Plus Victoria warehouse is ridiculously hot inside .

Anyway ignoring that really good gig 

Yep I was unaware of the Harry Styles gig as well so took us by surprise. Luckily I used to work around there and go to the football so knew a few places off the beaten track that you could park but they were a good 15 minute walk away. On the plus side we had no sitting in traffic and all good practice for Glastonbury. 

17 hours ago, blue6field said:

Sounds cool but it sucks there's no full stage production. My missus has never seen them before and I've been bigging them up with talk of rotting animals on a massive screen and sparkly laser lights.

Went to see Billie Eilish last night at the O2. Pretty decent stage set up and lights. Doub't that set up could be replicated on the farm. To be honest, I doubt there will be  any similarities other then the songs she sings. I hope, those going to Glastonbury will actually get to hear her voice. Most of the time, all I could hear was teenagers screaming every word louder then Billie.

There was lots of screaming, every step, jump was greeted by thousands of screaming girls and when Billie asked them to scream it was one of the most horrid things I have come across. I almost felt physically sick. I never thought noise could be such an assult on your body.

Outdoors, in a field is probably the better place to see her rather than an enclosed space full of kids who know ever single word.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:14 PM, blue6field said:

Really wanted to see them on this tour, but the logistics never panned out for me... Loads of cheapo tickets for the Eden gigs on twickets right now too.

Took Mrs b to see Manilow last night. Wasn’t really looking forward to it (to say the least), and looking at the setlist there were loads I didn’t know. How wrong I was. At 79 the pipes are in great working order and he’s an amazing showman. And it turned out that nearly all the songs were familiar. They’ll have missed a trick if he’s not booked for Glasto legend, and soon.

8E744F83-B45B-45AF-B9C0-6291008F75D9.jpeg