Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Just back from seeing James Blunt, not my thing and cheesy as heck but he is a good performer and his crowd patter is just like his tweets, surprised I knew more songs of his than I thought I did. Had a good sing along to the Slade cover he does.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:43 PM, henry bear said:

Saw the Alice Cooper/The Cult double bill at the new Swansea Arena last night. Very enjoyable night of old skool rock, and would love to see either on the farm at some stage - especially Alice.

I may have been at this at the O2!

The Cult were a bit disappointingly shit, mind. Highlight was Astbury getting shirty with the audience for not giving him the love.

16 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Saw Michael Kiwanuka last night at Ally Pally, it was absolutely incredible. 

Even though I saw him recently I still have fingers crossed he makes it onto the line up. Even if I don't get to see him I think more people need that treat in their lives. Was really such a great tight performance when I saw him. Backing singers were fantastic also. 

On 5/22/2022 at 12:56 AM, BreadMakesYouFat? said:

Went to see My Chemical Romance at StadiumMK this evening and had an absolute blast! I've never heard sing-alongs like it, especially during I'm Not Okay and Welcome To The Black Parade.

The gig lagged a little during the Danger Days songs. They plod along on the album and it's even worse live.

My highlight was Boy Division, but I was very much on my own there. The only other takeaway is I learnt I can't sing emo songs for 2 hours straight without losing my voice.

IMG_20220521_235314_780.jpg

Excellent. Going to Warrington tomorrow and really looking forward to it!

Pleasure to see Wayne & Co in such a small venue last night . Setlist a little more diverse than other times I’ve seen them, coming as a casual fan but still  a spiritual life affirming experience. After everything we’ve been through, seeing Do You Realize live nearly ruined me.

AAB3C85E-997E-4939-A7A6-48F80872DDB2.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Even though I saw him recently I still have fingers crossed he makes it onto the line up. Even if I don't get to see him I think more people need that treat in their lives. Was really such a great tight performance when I saw him. Backing singers were fantastic also. 

I seen him last week and as good as he is, it felt very one paced over a 105 minute set. That he couldn’t fit in the five minute intro to Cold Little Heart was also annoying.

Still love the bloke mind, what a talent.

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I seen him last week and as good as he is, it felt very one paced over a 105 minute set. That he couldn’t fit in the five minute intro to Cold Little Heart was also annoying.

Still love the bloke mind, what a talent.

At a festival he won't be doing that long a set though and I still really love it. I think he could easily be on the Pyramid stage and draw a big crowd and win over some new fans. 

3 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Mogwai at Ally Pally last night. Phenomenal.

My clothes were vibrating from the wall of noise at one point. I even got jumpscared on the first drop on Like Herod, even though I knew it was coming. 😂 Glad I didn't forget my ear plugs.

PXL_20220527_202004825.MP.jpg

PXL_20220528_082828259.jpg

Cracking set list!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 3:36 PM, Badlands said:

Pleasure to see Wayne & Co in such a small venue last night . Setlist a little more diverse than other times I’ve seen them, coming as a casual fan but still  a spiritual life affirming experience. After everything we’ve been through, seeing Do You Realize live nearly ruined me.

AAB3C85E-997E-4939-A7A6-48F80872DDB2.jpeg

Snap:

FTzM20BXsAEgfZF?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Upvote 1

I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks due to a family bereavement, but last night with Jools Holland at the UEA Norwich was the perfect antidote. Such a fun night, Eddi Reader sounds no different to the 80s and Ruby Turner stole the show. A great time all around. Heading off to the new Neck of the Woods festival at Earlham Park tomorrow with The Kooks, DMAs and Sea Girls which should be good fun too 

• Like 1

Was at Wide Awake Festival yesterday. As good as last year, great spread of acts to check out. Some quick reviews of those doing Glasto:

Katy J Pearson: little treat, perfect sunny afternoon stuff (cross your fingers).
Yard Act: will make you laugh.
Billy Nomates: respect the energy but could do with some mates to keep her company.
Floating Points: squelchy dance set, cool visuals. Perfect for IICON. 
Overmono: solid but only caught first 15 so not enough to see what fuss is about.
Grove: riotous fun. 
Amyl & The Sniffers: ditto

On 5/26/2022 at 3:15 PM, nikkic said:

Saw Michael Kiwanuka last night at Ally Pally, it was absolutely incredible. 

I was also at Ally Pally on Wednesday… I agree it was absolutely brilliant.

as mentioned earlier the backing singers were great.. a much fuller sound overall..

I’ve been following him since the first album, back room in The Portland Arms stuff.. so good to see him kicking on after a masterful last album. If he gets similar success / credit with the next album, I can see a decent slot for him on The Pyramid

Went to the 30th anniversary of The Frames in Dublin last weekend at. Royal Kilmainham Hospital grounds. Band were great,  weather great, Great venue, terrible bars with long queues! 
Leaving Dublin airport was fun with over an hour ridiculous queue just to get in terminal building, then another queue security and people missing flights all over the place! 

741585FB-4B73-4ADE-BD5F-12CCB2BC9E3F.jpeg

15 hours ago, benali said:

Tonight is a ridiculously stacked line up for a 100 cap venue. Sorry are headlining with Wunderhorse and Gently Tender supporting. 

This more than lived up to expectations. Really impressed with Wunderhorse. 

• Upvote 1

Liam Gallagher was decent on friday - kasabian upstaged him imo (don’t think many would agree though).

Sam Fender naff last night supporting the Killers - awful setlist from him. Killers were next level good

I'm on the train home from Yeah Yeah Yeahs at Brixton Academy. I'm not sure if I was just in a bad mood, but something didn't click for me tonight. I think the sound was all over the place. The vox, guitar and drums were all overpowered by synths.

Plus they kept doing 2-3 minutes intros to several songs that didn't build up, it just got boring. Oh and the group of people next to me were irritatingly extra. Would be intrigued to know if anyone else there thought the sound was shit.

IMG_20220607_232442_949.jpg