Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Goa Express tonight in Southampton.

Really enjoyable gig. We had a proper encore, the music had come on the PA and they'd starting unplugging instruments but got persuaded to do another song which meant they had to have a discussion about what to play.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Went to a great venue in London last night. The Water Rats. Saw a recently reformed @thekynd from back in the 90's. They were bang on form and played about 5 from their up and coming new album. The wonderful @iamalexjayne in support kicked off a great evening of music. 

Edited by redrobrob
typo

Caught Roddy from Idlewild last night doing a stripped back set, mix of Idlewild tunes and solo stuff, brilliant night really engaged with the audience and the Idlewild stuff sounded magic!

Oh Sees tonight, will be a totally different kettle of fish and I can’t wait!

Edited by blue6field

On 5/8/2022 at 2:31 PM, FloorFiller said:

I think COVID might’ve fucked then a bit in that respect. Album released just before and they didn’t get a chance to tour it and reap the benefits of it charting relatively well so they kind of stagnated. Album’s great, too, so hopefully they can regain some of that momentum on the next one. 

The album was probably my favourite album of the year. Had booked to see them on the tour supporting it and it's been cancelled so many times, finally meant to be seeing them in a couple of weeks

Did start writing this on Friday but realised might be post gig high. However

Saw Blockhead at Bristol Exchange.  One of the gigs of the year so far . Party hop hop beats, started with remix of Heard on the  Grapevine followed by Joline. Went from there. Sound loud enough to drown out any talkers.

Very different to his albums . But just ripped it up, one of the best nights this year . Love it when you get lost in it all. Trippy as fuck visuals too

20220513_212650.jpg

Just back from Everything Everything at Banquet Records gig in Kingston - first time I’ve been there since they’ve moved from the old venue and it was great, a short set but the crowd were really up for it. 
Looking forward to checking out the new album tomorrow (today)

7 hours ago, dondo said:

Pet Shop Boys were excellent in Manchester tonight.  Great visuals too

20220520_221041.jpg

20220520_213309.jpg

20220520_210236.jpg

20220520_203217.jpg

Oooh fab looks great. I didn’t end up getting tickets in the end so unless an absolute blinder is dropped I think they will be my Sunday night headliner. 

A hectic weekend last week at The Great Escape, highlights Muna, Dea Matrona, Crown Lands, Panic Shack, Peaness amongst a whole host of others. This week Julien Baker at the Electric Ballroom, superb great to finally see her live. Last night Michael Kiwanuka at the Brighton Centre and I can only agree with what others have said, just brilliant, surely he is heading towards a big spot at Glasto in the near future.

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

How are the new songs/new vocal set up?

I really enjoyed them. Split between the sax/flute player, bassist and keyboard player (she's got a beautiful voice). Some gorgeous, quiet songs which I can't wait to hear on record. They had to tell people to be quiet at the start of a couple of them and thankfully the crowd respected that.

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Gig tonight, then seeing George Clinton, Lorde, Flaming Lips, The Smile, Queen & Adam Lambert and Run The Jewels in the course of the next fortnight  😲 

Good run that. 

I’m seeing Lips myself in a few weeks. Also had tickets to RTJ but had to sell them after the Lips gig was rearranged to the same evening. 

Went to see My Chemical Romance at StadiumMK this evening and had an absolute blast! I've never heard sing-alongs like it, especially during I'm Not Okay and Welcome To The Black Parade.

The gig lagged a little during the Danger Days songs. They plod along on the album and it's even worse live.

My highlight was Boy Division, but I was very much on my own there. The only other takeaway is I learnt I can't sing emo songs for 2 hours straight without losing my voice.

IMG_20220521_235314_780.jpg