Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Saw The Twilight Sad in Glasgow, last Saturday, had been postponed for 2 years!

really incredible and emotional night, had Scotts brother Grant from Frightened Rabbit on the drums

fantastic version of keep yourself warm at the end!

• Like 1

Just back from Aurora at Brixton Academy (still my favourite venue)..

Goodness, the girl is a talent.. she has become a real polished performer.

Her growing band of followers were well enthusiastic for it and she looked overwhelmed by the crowd response at times.

She has a good mix of proper bangers and some beautiful ballads.. 'It happened quiet'  was beautifully sung and set.. 

I can see her getting a decent slot  on the farm when next she visits.... and so she should.

17 hours ago, blue6field said:

Saw The Twilight Sad in Glasgow, last Saturday, had been postponed for 2 years!

really incredible and emotional night, had Scotts brother Grant from Frightened Rabbit on the drums

fantastic version of keep yourself warm at the end!

Brilliant gig. I ended up going both nights but you picked the right one, both were great but the atmosphere was just slightly better on Saturday. I know James had lost his voice slightly but I think that just added to it, not that they needed it but it was just something else to really get the crowd behind them. As you say, Keep Yourself Warm with Grant on drums was an emotional one. Well worth the two year wait!

I was at Twilight Sad in Glasgow too, it was really special. Woukd be great to see them at Glasto too. 

I also saw Walt Disco in Glasgow last week who were really good but I was especially impressed with Priestgate who supported, never heard of them before but I loved their set. 

Saw Katy Kirby last night with @ShakeyCrash and his lass. Was a small seated perfomance, just her and an acoustic guitar. Was a short set but felt very nice and intimate. She's got a lovely voice and she's super cute too.  Said she hopes to come back again with a full band and play some UK festivals. Green Man would be very nice...

Anyway, thanks again to @Quarkfor the recommendation. I believe it was you that suggested her last year on one of the Virtual Meets when she released her debut album?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Saw Katy Kirby last night with @ShakeyCrash and his lass. Was a small seated perfomance, just her and an acoustic guitar. Was a short set but felt very nice and intimate. She's got a lovely voice and she's super cute too.  Said she hopes to come back again with a full band and play some UK festivals. Green Man would be very nice...

Anyway, thanks again to @Quarkfor the recommendation. I believe it was you that suggested her last year on one of the Virtual Meets when she released her debut album?

Don't think that was one of mine G,  but I'll take the credit 😄

Saw goldfrapp Manchester Albert Hall last night tbh after waiting 2 years was just a bit disappointing. 

Alison sounded great the band were fine but it was so one paced it never got going . Others may disagree but having seen them a few times Inc at Glastonbury it just was flat 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, dondo said:

Groove Armada in Leeds were ace last night. Be good to get them on the farm 

20220407_212905.jpg

They keep marking their current shows as the last ones, which seems to irk some fb folks who claim they said that before 😉

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

They keep marking their current shows as the last ones, which seems to irk some fb folks who claim they said that before 😉

Yes. There's been a few bands like that over the years!

Not Music

Saw Sarah Millican in the week, funny as always.

Punchdrunk, the burnt city, in London yesterday. They certainly know how to put that type of immersive show together. Their new home is immense. As with all their shows I have seen it is equal measure confusing and wondrous.  Loved they locked everyone's phones in bags so you were just involved in the show with no distractions. Some amazing detail but most went right over my head due to my lack of Greek literature knowledge. Still thinking about it today

We went to see The Undercover Hippy at the Cluny 2 in Newcastle on Tuesday and although there wasn't many there they really got it rocking. I'd highly recommend checking then out if they are on at Glastonbury.

Last night we seen the amazing Beans on Toast in the Albion Rooms. As always he was fantastic but with it being on such an intimate setting made it such a special gig.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:56 AM, dondo said:

Groove Armada in Leeds were ace last night. Be good to get them on the farm 

20220407_212905.jpg

I went last night in Manchester, best gig I've been to all year. Just hit after hit, absolutely bouncing.

Would be amazing to get them back at Glastonbury

On 4/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Any joy ? I asked them on socials and didn’t get a reply 

Unfortunately they didn't come out to the crowd after so I didn't get to ask. Pinged them on social too but also haven't got a reply.

They absolutely smashed it though - quite a few new tunes and they've also perfected a Prodigy mash up in honour of the man himself. It was absolutely fantastic!

I also asked them after a gig a few years back if they'd be at Glasto 2019. At the time they were keeping all their fingers and toes crossed but evidently they didn't make the cut. I imagine the want is still there for them - particularly given that only last week they had to postpone their whole UK tour again - so I'd say it's just down to whether Glasto are going to book them or not.... Here's hoping they do!

• Thanks 1

The Wytches were a blast as usual at the Joiners last night.

Support band were Web who are excellent. Seen them probably 7 or 8 times now supporting around Southampton and Portsmouth and they just get better an better.

They have a kind of math roth, black midi sort of thing going on and are getting booked for London gigs now too.