Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

Saw Everything Everything in Leeds last night as a last minute replacement for the cancelled Royal Blood gig. Thought they were really good, had a good light show going on behind them and a decent setlist. The new songs in particular sounded great live, looking forward to the album being released. Decent chance of them showing up on the farm based on their touring schedule, John Peel set would work well with their lighting, but could easily see them on the Park. 

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

Anybody at the 6 Music festival? 

Caught Franz’s set on the radio and if they don’t open The Other stage this year, well it would be a crying shame.

I wasn't there (unfortunately) but I've just watched Pixies full set on i-player and it was incredible - I was doubtful whether they still had it in them given the last couple of albums, but, holy God, absolute punk rock heaven!! Totally buzzing for seeing them at end of the road festival now!

Folly Group were just so good at the Joiners tonight, and possibly the nicest band around. Stood and chatted to everyone for ages. No egos, just lovely people.

Qlowski were a great support band too.

Love the Joiners, back there again tomorrow. So lucky to have such an amazing venue in our city.

Saw Dry Cleaning in Cambridge on Thursday..

I was concerned (particularly after reading a review on here) that the vocals would be drowned out by the guitar and for the first couple of numbers we appeared to have the worst of both worlds (vocals none to clear and guitar toned down...)

But they grew into it, got the energy up and really seemed to enjoy themselves.. It was really short, barely an hour with zero chat between numbers.

I really like their sound and they are worth a watch but i do wonder about longevity with the same schtick... will be interested to hear the next album..  

On 3/31/2022 at 11:23 PM, Dales said:

Saw Placebo tonight at Islington Assembly Hall as bagged tickets from twickets today.

Mainly the new album and a few songs from the last few albums. Nice to see them in such a small venue and liked the fact that phones not allowed. Some real good tracks on the new album but would have loved a few of the old bangers from early albums but I think a lot of those songs are behind them now or put away for a  few years. Played Blind from Meds, love that track.

Seeing them again a few times this year. It will be interesting to see if tonights set will be the one played at festivals and their tour towards the end of the year.

I was there too, amazing gig and the new album is stunning.

17 song set, 9 from the new one mixed in with 8 oldies, but not the usual ones.. some not been played since 2014.

Seeing them at Bearded next, the set will be different for sure, they support MCR the week before so will be interesting to see what sort of setlist is there.

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Saw Dry Cleaning in Cambridge on Thursday..

I was concerned (particularly after reading a review on here) that the vocals would be drowned out by the guitar and for the first couple of numbers we appeared to have the worst of both worlds (vocals none to clear and guitar toned down...)

But they grew into it, got the energy up and really seemed to enjoy themselves.. It was really short, barely an hour with zero chat between numbers.

I really like their sound and they are worth a watch but i do wonder about longevity with the same schtick... will be interested to hear the next album..  

The Blue Aeroplanes have managed a 30-odd year career plowing a similar furrow, so there's hope for Dry Cleaning!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

I was there too, amazing gig and the new album is stunning.

17 song set, 9 from the new one mixed in with 8 oldies, but not the usual ones.. some not been played since 2014.

Seeing them at Bearded next, the set will be different for sure, they support MCR the week before so will be interesting to see what sort of setlist is there.

I am sure you are in for a treat at Bearded. I will be seeing them at MRC, Madcool & have tickets for the tour later in the year so would be good if they mix their sets up a bit.

18 hours ago, BFisherr said:

Saw Everything Everything in Leeds last night as a last minute replacement for the cancelled Royal Blood gig. Thought they were really good, had a good light show going on behind them and a decent setlist. The new songs in particular sounded great live, looking forward to the album being released. Decent chance of them showing up on the farm based on their touring schedule, John Peel set would work well with their lighting, but could easily see them on the Park. 

was hoping to find someone who's seen them - glad their lightshow is still good it was incredible a few years back, i was really caught by surprise when i first saw them as i did not expect an indie band to have such a hefty light show.

Bambara and Holy Motors were great last night. Bambara really put the work in on stage, very high energy show. Worth a watch if they play near you.

Holy Motors on the other hand very laid back, reverb drenched, beautiful sounds. Would have liked to see them play a longer set.

• Upvote 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:14 PM, BFisherr said:

I'm seeing them in Birmingham on Saturday. They always put on a good show. 

Do you remember the rough times for the support and EE? Can't find anything online. Cheers 

6 hours ago, TheBoz said:

I'm seeing them in Birmingham on Saturday. They always put on a good show. 

Do you remember the rough times for the support and EE? Can't find anything online. Cheers 

For Leeds it was:

L'objectif- 7:15-7:45

Do nothing- 8:15-9

EE- 9:30-11.

Although I heard they're on at 8:30 tonight in Glasgow (just 1 support).

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:52 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Is anyone going to the 6 music festival in Cardiff this weekend? Pretty great lineup IMO. Listened to The Manics tonight & it sounded really good on the radio. I'd sort of fallen out of love with them in recent years, but they sounded on top form to me!

I'd love for these to turn up on the lineup somewhere or a secret set. So good live

Saw Crows last night in Bristol Exchange, first gig of the tour and they were very good. Tight and properly up for it.  The support was Peach, interesting band who have cracking potential.  Female vocalist with a wide vocal range really compliments the noise.

Folly Group, Mother Vulture and Outer Towner Festival to follow this week.