Live gigs - Who you've seen were they good, bad etc.

gigpusher

On 10/30/2021 at 8:20 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah, they played nothing off the first four albums! I just realised they played  nothing off Puzzle as well! They missed a couple of their bigger tunes off Only Revolutions too.

It was a very "recent heavy" set

Quite something to think that a tour Biffy Clyro booked for 2020 is now completely rearranged around their lockdown work to such an extreme degree. Might be something we see a fair bit of - I know The Killers' tour is meant to be for Imploding the Mirage but with another LP out and another apparently in the works, the setlist room might be a bit cramped.

Nothing off Puzzle is perhaps the surprise. Thought you'd at least get Living Is A Problem...

Edited by charlierc

41 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Quite something to think that a tour Biffy Clyro booked for 2020 is now completely rearranged around their lockdown work to such an extreme degree. Might be something we see a fair bit of - I know The Killers' tour is meant to be for Imploding the Mirage but with another LP out and another apparently in the works, the setlist room might be a bit cramped.

Nothing off Puzzle is perhaps the surprise. Thought you'd at least get Living Is A Problem...

That's on their setlist from last night in Cambridge. Looks like it's being mixed up a bit(didn't play the new album in full in Cambridge )

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-killers/2021/franklin-music-hall-philadelphia-pa-b8dbd56.html - not even playing My Own Soul's Warning. Same setlist as always, just with a couple of different new ones swapped in.

8 hours ago, zahidf said:

That's on their setlist from last night in Cambridge. Looks like it's being mixed up a bit(didn't play the new album in full in Cambridge )

Interesting - maybe there's more rotation in their arsenal than I thought. Though I presume that there will be a fair few Biffy fans are annoyed they're skipping the first 3 LP's entirely on this run.

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-killers/2021/franklin-music-hall-philadelphia-pa-b8dbd56.html - not even playing My Own Soul's Warning. Same setlist as always, just with a couple of different new ones swapped in.

Yeah I've seen that. They do tend to have that habit of putting that focus in, though I guess it's a little tricky given the amount of hits on the first 3 albums occupies a lot of setlist space by default. By the time I saw them in Paris in 2018, the Wonderful Wonderful stuff had been whittled down to just The Man and Run for Cover (though admittedly 90 minute festival set and apparently Tyson vs Douglas was cut due to another act overrunning).

I guess it's the nature of it and wondering the change given it was notionally gonna be an Imploding The Machine tour, but now those tracks have to compete with Pressure Machine and a possible extra LP. Also shame that My Own Soul's Warning got canned as that's probably the best track on ITM.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Yeah I've seen that. They do tend to have that habit of putting that focus in, though I guess it's a little tricky given the amount of hits on the first 3 albums occupies a lot of setlist space by default. By the time I saw them in Paris in 2018, the Wonderful Wonderful stuff had been whittled down to just The Man and Run for Cover (though admittedly 90 minute festival set and apparently Tyson vs Douglas was cut due to another act overrunning).

I guess it's the nature of it and wondering the change given it was notionally gonna be an Imploding The Machine tour, but now those tracks have to compete with Pressure Machine and a possible extra LP. Also shame that My Own Soul's Warning got canned as that's probably the best track on ITM.

Yeah it's my favourite by them for a number of years! 

Saw Biffy tonight in Sheffield. The perfect mix of old and new for me. Some glaring misses from the setlist, but probably a solid 8 out of 10 setlist for me. Looked similar to Cambridge’s setlist. 

Man, after having tickets for that gig for roughly a year, felt good to see them. First time seeing them, and definitely won’t be the last.

179692C8-10AC-4B65-A727-3817900C41B1.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Saw Little Simz on Friday at the first night of her history making run at Brixton. 
Had to attend alone as my pal had potential Covid & no one else wanted to come last minute but that took absolutely nothing away from the experience. 
It was phenomenal & I was blown away as was everyone else around me it seemed.

She played for about 1hr45 in total with 26 tracks which is fantastic value for money. 

I can’t recommend her enough & if you get the chance to see her, you definitely should. 
It has been said before, but I will say it again, Little Simz for WH headliner 2022! 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, gherring8 said:

Saw Little Simz on Friday at the first night of her history making run at Brixton. 

I can’t recommend her enough & if you get the chance to see her, you definitely should. 
It has been said before, but I will say it again, Little Simz for WH headliner 2022! 

Strange ... I was there on Thursday!? 

Still, agree with all your other points. Blimey, she's good.

It did feel a bit odd being out (again, unfortunately) and it most definitely was not remotely full despite the sold-out signs. However, not many of us in masks. Having had our family Christmas theatre trip cancelled a few days later it felt like the last night out in a while (again, unfortunately). 

I was heartbroken to have missed the Brixton Little Simz gig (omicron baby), but I saw MIKE Dec 8th who was lovely. Good wholesome vibes throughout, a very fun opener who was so high he forgot what songs he had performed (but had the charisma to make up for it). The crowd was up for it and MIKE seemed to really enjoy performing. Good stuff all round + hopefully I'll get to see Simz soon 

16 hours ago, Fishman said:

Strange ... I was there on Thursday!? 

Still, agree with all your other points. Blimey, she's good.

It did feel a bit odd being out (again, unfortunately) and it most definitely was not remotely full despite the sold-out signs. However, not many of us in masks. Having had our family Christmas theatre trip cancelled a few days later it felt like the last night out in a while (again, unfortunately). 

Whoops. Got my days mixed up. For some reason I had in my head that it was a Fri-Sun run of dates 🤦🏻‍♀️

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Yeah saw he's cancelled the tour including that date, which I also had tickets for. Shame, but not a surprise.

I can't help but feel this is going to be happening a lot until March. Bloody covid.

Actually all the news about it being milder makes me more hopeful they'll be less cancellations

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2021 at 6:36 PM, gherring8 said:

Had to attend alone as my pal had potential Covid & no one else wanted to come last minute but that took absolutely nothing away from the experience. 
It was phenomenal & I was blown away as was everyone else around me it seemed.

She played for about 1hr45 in total with 26 tracks which is fantastic value for money. 

All aboard the SIMBI train

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 1:12 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Going to bump this up, first time seeing them next year and was pretty worried about this kind of thing given past Wonderful Wonderful its mostly rubbish. Wish I managed to see them on that tour but here we are eh, will be good no doubt

• 1 month later...

So Saturday was my first gig of the year. Idles supported by Jehnny Beth. Sadly couldn't make it in time for Big Joanie. Jehnny Beth was excellent although dare I say I think I prefer the punch of some of the Savages material to her solo stuff. Idles were great not quite Park Stage level good but considering I picked up the ticket on Twickets at £10 each I really can't complain. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Wet Leg the other day at Yes in Manchester. They're Glastonbury bound. Don't know their music much but seem to have a few good songs. Chaise Longue was a great sing-a-long at the end.

Wet Leg (4).jpg

Wet Leg (5).jpg

Great pics. Would love to have seen them but that one sold out pretty quickly. My next planned gig has just been postponed. It was meant to be Beach Bunny at Gorilla on Feb 14th so my next one now will be Dave at the Arena. Not been to an arena gig for quite a while. 

Arooj Aftab in Bristol tonight. Wow  just spellbinding. Not convinced I will be at a better gig this year,* 

Her, double bass and harp, and I love a harp. Her vocals are effortless

(I remember at Glastonbury in Heaven in the afternoon with mixmaster Morris playing downtempo beats and  harpist playing, that was wonderful.)

Sadly her tours dates  suggest she will not be on the farm. Shame, in the Sun would be great

*I have the right to change my mind

20220203_210131.jpg

Edited by fred quimby