Tempelhof Sounds Festival Berlin 2022

charlierc

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I know Florence and the Machine are confirmed for Mad Cool Festival in July but are they down for anything else?

Nothing other than Nos Alive and Mad Cool for now but insiders have confirmed that a new album is coming soon (unless plans changed due to omicron) hence my suspicions that more fests are coming 

9 hours ago, shivroy said:

Wouldn't be shocked if it was the same tbh, Florence seems to always do at least one Polish festival and she hasn't done Open'er since 2016

I'm afraid that you are right. Florence is pretty big in Poland but this is really lazy booking. I would prefer getting Qotsa/Killers instead of Flo for Opener. Regarding Tempelhof, that would be the weakest headliner, so I expext strong sub for this festival's Friday. 

1 hour ago, turnero said:

I'm afraid that you are right. Florence is pretty big in Poland but this is really lazy booking. I would prefer getting Qotsa/Killers instead of Flo for Opener. Regarding Tempelhof, that would be the weakest headliner, so I expext strong sub for this festival's Friday. 

ymmv, the killers haven't released a big album in ages and ive heard the strokes are horrible live now. id go to tempelhof and open'er just to go see florence, muse/the strokes/imagine dragons don't excite me at all. florence is just as big a live act as the strokes and bigger than qotsa, muse is bigger but ive seen them enough times i don't care to see them again.

Edited by shivroy

1 hour ago, shivroy said:

ymmv, the killers haven't released a big album in ages and ive heard the strokes are horrible live now. id go to tempelhof and open'er just to go see florence, muse/the strokes/imagine dragons don't excite me at all. florence is just as big a live act as the strokes and bigger than qotsa, muse is bigger but ive seen them enough times i don't care to see them again.

Having seen The Strokes before everything started being cancelled I have to say they were really really good. And Julian was quite funny 

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Having seen The Strokes before everything started being cancelled I have to say they were really really good. And Julian was quite funny 

it seems to differ based on the show! ive heard some shows they smashed and others were shit (at least according to friends of mine, obvs 'a good show' means different things to different people)

2 hours ago, shivroy said:

it seems to differ based on the show! ive heard some shows they smashed and others were shit (at least according to friends of mine, obvs 'a good show' means different things to different people)

I enjoyed them too, very hit or miss i think. helps they were my favourite band at the time, generally their setlists are great though so that always helps

edit: they are often onstage quite late so that probably leaves a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Well The Strokes is the band who are the highest on my bucket list so I'd choose them above any act mentioned in here. I'm Belgian and they haven'd played here since 2002 (!)... 

That’s absolutely crazy they haven’t done a Belgium show for 20 years. I guess theres other shows only a few hours drive away but still crazy

They deleted the lineup post here is the text version https://www.instagram.com/tempelhofsounds/

Friday:

↓
FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
↓
LONDON GRAMMAR | TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB | MAC DEMARCO | PARCELS | JOHNOSSI | FREYA RIDINGS | BALTHAZAR | MOLCHAT DOME | L’IMPÉRATRICE

BABY QUEEN | MY UGLY CLEMENTINE | BLACK HONEY | JUST MUSTARD | TOGETHER PANGEA | TRIXIE WHITLEY | BILBAO

Saturday:

MUSE

ALT-J | IDLES | SOPHIE HUNGER | MAXÏMO PARK | WOLF ALICE | BARNS COURTNEY | HOLLY HUMBERSTONE

HINDS | CLEOPATRICK | MIDDLE KIDS | THE PALE WHITE

Sunday:

THE STROKES

INTERPOL | ROYAL BLOOD | COURTNEY BARNETT | FONTAINES D.C. | BIG THIEF | ANNA CALVI | KAT FRANKIE | GRIFF

THE GARDENER & THE TREE | FAYE WEBSTER | PALE WAVES | BOW ANDERSON | PILLOW QUEENS | TALK SHOW

On 1/23/2022 at 1:30 PM, MeMeMeM said:

NOS Alive, in Portugal, for example.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, shivroy said:

Nothing other than Nos Alive and Mad Cool for now but insiders have confirmed that a new album is coming soon (unless plans changed due to omicron) hence my suspicions that more fests are coming 

I'll be honest and admit I'd missed that she was doing NOS Alive as well as Mad Cool until I wrote my original post.

It's not quite the knockout line-up I thought it would be but the Sunday is very good and there's enough acts I like on the first two days.

Big barrier however is having tickets to The Killers in Manchester on the Saturday. Not sure how easy it might be swap those for the London show the weekend before.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get tickets for this yet?

booked flights but went to get tickets on the Eventim site and you have to pay 35 euro to get them posted from Germany to UK

Anyone know of a way to get them from a uk source? 

I do have a friend in Berlin who can get the tickets for me but would prefer not to dump this hassle on him