Tempelhof Sounds Festival Berlin 2022

charlierc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, charlierc said:

I did see some of the stream for Muse and Royal Blood, and a little of Wolf Alice on YouTube the day after. Looked smaller than I expected, although crowd did look good.

Yes I watched Muse's stream as well. It's on youtube now. It didn't sell out and looked like a smaller festival compared to other European festivals.

13 hours ago, charlierc said:

I did see some of the stream for Muse and Royal Blood, and a little of Wolf Alice on YouTube the day after. Looked smaller than I expected, although crowd did look good.

I was a little disappointed at how large it looked. I went to the Berlin festival there a couple of times about ten years ago, and the main stage was in the covered section right next to the terminal. I assume the other stages are the same, inside the hangers, but being on the grass makes it very similar to every other festival.

10 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes I watched Muse's stream as well. It's on youtube now. It didn't sell out and looked like a smaller festival compared to other European festivals.

I wanted to go but bungled booking it. More's the pity I guess. But I kinda like the boutique nature of it to some extent, even if I thought it would've been bigger. Or maybe it was scaled down or something. I dunno.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good to see them keeping their name out there. Their debut festival this year was absolutely superb. Really well run festival, great atmosphere and well balanced line up. I’m gutted that 2023 isn’t going ahead but obviously there are bigger things in life than music.

This announcement gives me confidence that they’ll still be around for a 2024 return. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Good to see them keeping their name out there. Their debut festival this year was absolutely superb. Really well run festival, great atmosphere and well balanced line up. I’m gutted that 2023 isn’t going ahead but obviously there are bigger things in life than music.

This announcement gives me confidence that they’ll still be around for a 2024 return. 

Not going ahead? Has something changed. They announced bon Iver and fever ray for June 2023? 

7 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Not going ahead? Has something changed. They announced bon Iver and fever ray for June 2023? 

Yep, as @Bury420 says the main festival isn’t happening this year - the Bon Iver gig is more of a Tempelhof Sounds Presents… thing. 

The grounds of the festival are being used for humanitarian relief for displaced Ukrainians. 

47 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Wonder if we could see a few other shows in Berlin in June under this "Tempelhof Sounds Presents" moniker.

Hopefully, I think Blur is a good shout. Makes a lot of sense, that they were in talks for this festival. Maybe at Waldbühne on Sunday.

Or now that they do not depend on that weekend anymore, they try to find a bit more feasible date routing-wise for the band. Barcelona > Berlin > Madrid is doable, but maybe not the best if not necessary.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Hopefully, I think Blur is a good shout. Makes a lot of sense, that they were in talks for this festival. Maybe at Waldbühne on Sunday.

Or now that they do not depend on that weekend anymore, they try to find a bit more feasible date routing-wise for the band. Barcelona > Berlin > Madrid is doable, but maybe not the best if not necessary.

I mean, Depeche Mode are doing Barcelona -> Dusseldorf -> Madrid as their tour routing. So it's not that unheard of, even if I agree it is a bit ridiculous.