Tempelhof Sounds Festival Berlin 2022

charlierc

What appears to be a new event launching in Berlin in June 2022: ROLLING STONE präsentiert: Tempelhof Sounds mit den Strokes, Muse, Alt-J und mehr

Has Muse and The Strokes as headliners, with a third to be announced, plus Alt-J, London Grammar, Idles, Interpol, Royal Blood, Two Door Cinema Club, Mac Demarco and Wolf Alice among early confirmed undercard.

4 hours ago, Festcrazy said:

It's brave to organize anything during Primavera week.

I think quite contrary, 2nd weekend of Primavera means more acts in Europe, creating a room for a new event. Would be interesting to see if this is a one off or will stay for the future....

18 hours ago, LaurentExpos said:

Do we know the capacity for this festival? 50K? 70K? I really like this line-up and the dates are convenient for me.

I read somewhere they are planning with 40.000 visitors for their first edition (just like Lollapalooza Berlin 2015 which was held on the very same festival ground)

Since Muse and The Strokes should be relatively expensive, I would expect a rather small headliner for the Friday......Liam Gallagher or Kasabian came to my mind since they won't fit anywhere else in Germany even if they are too small here to headline a larger festival.

Festivals in Spain like Primavera are more or less irrelevant in Germany.

Tempelhof Sounds just takes place between the two largest twin festivals in the country........Rock am Ring/Rock im Park and Hurricane/Southside (the same organizer btw).

This accumulation of festivals in only 3 weeks will have a much bigger impact than the pure existance of Primavera Sound.

Edited by Hullabaloo92

I want to go to this - wanted to go to Berlin for years, was working on plans to see Muse and Strokes elsewhere, and there are some names that I like on the undercard plus others I'm open to check out. However, it's on the same weekend I'm due to see The Killers in Manchester.

If it comes to that, how hard can it be to offload Killers in Manchester tickets and do we think this will be a quick seller?

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I want to go to this - wanted to go to Berlin for years, was working on plans to see Muse and Strokes elsewhere, and there are some names that I like on the undercard plus others I'm open to check out. However, it's on the same weekend I'm due to see The Killers in Manchester.

If it comes to that, how hard can it be to offload Killers in Manchester tickets and do we think this will be a quick seller?

I was looking at my London tickets because its the same date as Liam's knebworth show which is like 15 min drive from me and they were on viagogo for like £200. Obviously fuck viagogo but based on that won't be hard to sell your tickets on twickets i reckon

10 hours ago, gfa said:

I was looking at my London tickets because its the same date as Liam's knebworth show which is like 15 min drive from me and they were on viagogo for like £200. Obviously fuck viagogo but based on that won't be hard to sell your tickets on twickets i reckon

If you bought on ticket master you can sell tickets on there now pretty easy. Just select a price and they’ll email you if they sell and put the money in your bank.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

If you bought on ticket master you can sell tickets on there now pretty easy. Just select a price and they’ll email you if they sell and put the money in your bank.

Looking to swap really - if i sell them I need to get the £200 or whatever it is so i can grab tickets for the other day. Hoping Liam adds an extra date i guess but looks unlikely

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Interesting. The Killers' date in Manchester is totally sold out but that second night in London is not, so I'd assume there might be more of a market for Manchester mark-ups than London.

But yeah, I like to think there'll be somebody out there who would gladly take it off my hands if I decide I'd rather go to Berlin than Manchester. Still got time to decide, though this is assuming this doesn't sell out first and make the decision for me. Which is usually what happens when I overthink this kinda shit, and will be doubly true if they have a big name as the missing headliner for the Friday.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, charlierc said:

Don't think this will sell very well because June 2022 is already stacked as hell, I hope this festival will stick around, though.

I want to know so badly who the friday headliner is going to be.

Gorillaz, Tame Impala, The National, Massive Attack and Beck are already ruled.

Anyone is waiting to be announced? Arcade Fire touring in 2022?

6 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Don't think this will sell very well because June 2022 is already stacked as hell, I hope this festival will stick around, though.

Yeah same month as Rock am Ring and Hurricane/Southside right? Plus presumably a few other big events.

I'm not sure who else might be touring or possibly touring tbf. Arctic Monkeys would be awesome, but I guess we'll have to wait & see if they're ready to break cover yet.

5 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Do you know why the national are ruled out? They're playing in Portugal in June but haven't announced a tour. 

5 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Do you know why the national are ruled out? They're playing in Portugal in June but haven't announced a tour. 

The National are set to play Primavera, aren't they?

I think they also have a date in Scandinaviaon the Berlin friday.

Best Kept Secret Festival could also be waiting for the confirmation of a new headliner, because The Strokes can't play there anymore.

4 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

The National are set to play Primavera, aren't they?

I think they also have a date in Scandinaviaon the Berlin friday.

Best Kept Secret Festival could also be waiting for the confirmation of a new headliner, because The Strokes can't play there anymore.

Stockholm on June 10th, looking at their official site.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Final headliner coming on Monday. “Thank Dog It’s Monday” got me thinking it might be Florence (Dog Days are Over)

ADA02D42-BB0D-4C16-A13F-30DBB1B98A98.jpeg

Great news - hopefully will get the ball rolling for announcements across europe