Non Headline acts you want to see at Glastonbury

Boomtowner

Slightly against the thread title but I'd love to see IDLES get a shot at headlining the John Peel. I just think it would be a perfect match. 

For elsewhere, it's hard to keep it a few! I'd like to see Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes back for sure, The Comet Is Coming again (as I missed them last time) and it'd be brilliant for Jimmy Eat World to drop by.

The shout out from @JackDoesDrawing of Jazzy Jeff is great! There was a rumour him and Will Smith were playing Boomtown a few years ago, but it proved to be a false one leaked to try and catch people out! 

If I was going for a longer list: Architects, Bob Vylan, Confidence Man, The Distillers, Dry Cleaning, Goat Girl, Kid Kapichi, The Mysterines, Never Not Nothing, Parquet Courts, Rodrigo Y Gabriella, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Shame, Sports Team, The White Buffalo, Yonaka... there's probably loads more I could list! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2021 at 9:39 AM, faymondo said:

I was looking forward to seeing the Fun Lovin' Criminals. Hopefully they will roll over to next year.

Only ever seen them once at he Royal Court in Liverpool.

That long ago you could smoke in the venue. Not that many cigarettes were being smoked !

I was also looking forward to them, only seen them once at that Glastonbury gig in '99.  I just want to be in a crowd that bounces like that again.

I'd like to see: Jungle on the Pyramid late afternoon in the sun.  Let's eat Grandma.  M83, who I foolishly skipped last time round.  Chvrches, whose star seems to have fallen but I still love the new album.  Royal Blood is also a good shout, they were great fun in 2017.

• Upvote 1

I could go on forever, as I'm sure most people could but ones with a chance of showing up...

Red Rum Club (not up against The Legends Slot this time), The Mysterines, The Snuts, The Lathums, Moses, Black Crowes, Counting Crows, Jesse Malin (booked for Strummerville in 2020 but not sure his tour dates fit in this time), Butch Walker, Frank Turner on The Pyramid, The Luka State, Bull, Michael Kiwanuka, Stiff Little Fingers at Earache Express or Avalon.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I could go on forever, as I'm sure most people could but ones with a chance of showing up...

Red Rum Club (not up against The Legends Slot this time), The Mysterines, The Snuts, The Lathums, Moses, Black Crowes, Counting Crows, Jesse Malin (booked for Strummerville in 2020 but not sure his tour dates fit in this time), Butch Walker, Frank Turner on The Pyramid, The Luka State, Bull, Michael Kiwanuka, Stiff Little Fingers at Earache Express or Avalon.

Yesssss pleeeeeease

I was a massive Black Crowes fan. The first Glastonbury headliner I ever saw.

But I am not on board with this latest version. To my mind, it is simply not the Black Crowes any more.

At a festival, I’d see them out of curiosity, but no way I’m buying a ticket for a show.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

There's a new Animal Collective album on the way... very soon, if reports are true.

Missed the fantastic Park night of The Horrors into AnCo, both touring their best albums, in 2009. Would love to see AC guiding a Park sundown next year, or high on the JP.

Saw Animal Collective headline EOTR in 2016 - without doubt the worst headliner I've ever seen. It was like watching a jazz band tune up for one and a half hours! If they'd played any actual songs, I'm sure they'd have been fine!

10 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Oh yeah but you gotta listen for the notes they don't play.

I could do that at home.

(I tried this argument to convince the people I took to see Emma Jean Thackray at Green Man that it was worth watching the whole set. It didn't work.)

22 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

The Skinner Brothers, Nick Cave, J. Cole, Aphex Twin, Daughters, black midi.

Saw The Skinner Brothers supporting Kasabian last night. Really hoping both will be there. Skins are a very promising talent, and Kasabian are at the best they've been for years now Serge is fronting the band.