Non Headline acts you want to see at Glastonbury

Boomtowner

So we have the first confirmed headliner, but which band have caught your attention over the last few years that you would love to see play on the Farm. These can be new bands or those with albums released since the last festival, I have so many on my wishlist;

In no particular order

The Specials, really want to hear some of Encore and Protest Songs

The Reytons

The Lathums

Arlo Parks

The Lottery Winners 

Lily Moore

The Snuts

Sam Fender

Alabama 3

I think there is a good chance of all of these playing at some point, somewhere

Who do you want to see play somewhere on the Farm, I've had so many good tips from this site ( also some terrible ones). Keen to hear your thoughts.

Eric Prydz, King Gizz, BRMC, DJ Seinfeld, Underworld, David Rodigan, Iggy Pop, The Coral, Special Request, Zinc, IDLES, Kurupt FM, Purple Disco Machine, Brian Jonestown Massacre, SASASAS, Limp Bizkit, Dandy Warhols, Adriatique, Squid, Pigsx7, Pond, Gary Numan, Prospa, Run The Jewels, Dillinja, Vlure, PengSHUI, Soulwax, The Cuban Brothers, Kolsch, Turno, Cypress Hill, Kool & the Gang, The Horrors, FJAAK, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bou, Daniel Avery and a ticket

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 2

Violent Femmes and Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra just to give them a reason to come over to the UK. Otherwise just a bunch of small acts I'd like to see get some exposure by playing Glasto like Hands Off Gretel, Calva Louise, Never Not Nothing, Crazy Arm, The JB Conspiracy, Radkey, Bokassa, Moscow Death Brigade, Blackwaters, Buster Shuffle, The Inspector Cluzo, Deap Valley etc.

34 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Probably a bit pointless just banging out a list but...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Phoebe Bridgers, Sharon Van Etten, Halsey, Django Django, Drug Store Romeos, Ist Ist, Cherry Glazerr, Cigarettes after sex, Gurr, Middle Kids, Soccer Mommy, Teleman, White Flowers will do 😄

Not so sure, there are a few on there I've never even heard of, so I'll probably give a few of them a try. 

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Pretty generic answer, but Royal Blood. They've got the tunes to arguably headline, and they always put on a great show. Other Headline or subbing could be a shout?

Royal Blood have been killing it recently, I definitely think they are big enough to sub and potentially headline other!

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Frank Turner, Beans on Toast, Kawala, Sports Team, Black Honey would all be lovely!

Beans has become a kinda tradition for us. Just sums up the festival and he’s not averse to going for a wander and happy to chat to anyone as we found out in 2019.  His Thursday on the Greenpeace was absolutely rammed. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Beans has become a kinda tradition for us. Just sums up the festival and he’s not averse to going for a wander and happy to chat to anyone as we found out in 2019.  His Thursday on the Greenpeace was absolutely rammed. 

He has for my crew too,saw him at Lost Evenings a few weeks ago, standing in last minute for someone, such a lovely human. Off to see him at Wroot Rocks in November, he never disappoints. Loved him on the Greenpeace stage, although I always think is spiritual home is Boomtown, the crowds watching him there have grown massively over the years

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Was the hottest I’ve ever been during a gig!! Ridiculous.  Actually had a chat with him about that a while back in Margate, had time for a picture too.  Nice man

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Was the hottest I’ve ever been during a gig!! Ridiculous.  Actually had a chat with him about that a while back in Margate, had time for a picture too.  Nice man

Yes, roasting hot I remember that, we were perched on the edge of the wall between the field and the path next to the big slide thing. Ridiculous thing for a man of my age to do.  He deserves a bigger stage if his popularity keeps increasing.  Great songs written during the lockdown including what are we going to do Glastonbury weekend.