Headliners 2024

Somto Unigwe Raphael

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looks like the Saturday is already gone… 10 minutes is all it took.

I'm not getting tickets but saw ticketmaster had a queue system in place so I joined out of interest for the Friday, there were 39,000 ahead of me in the queue! Cant deny that is impressive demand

Just now, Baggins7 said:

I'm not getting tickets but saw ticketmaster had a queue system in place so I joined out of interest for the Friday, there were 39,000 ahead of me in the queue! Cant deny that is impressive demand

I was on See at put some tickets in my bag at 10.01 whilst I ummed and ahhed over it. Went back 10 minutes later and there were none available.

Ah well.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:02 AM, Hutchmaster said:

Aye, I think her next album is very make or break to be honest. If it's a hit then I think she's a very solid "safe" option, if it's the same sort of reception as High as Hope (which I quite liked), I reckon that's her chance to headline outright probably gone.

This is the same person who people not long ago were saying if she plays she headlines no doubt.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:36 AM, Haan said:

little-to-no chance: Kate Bush, Rihanna, Mariah Carey

Good chance: Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Lana Del Ray, St. Vincent

Potential future stars: Doja Cat, Little Simz, Arlo Parks, Lizzo, Lady Leshurr (maybe), Olivia Rodrigo (maybe)

There's also critical darlings who could end up releasing an album that does well commercially like Rina Sawayama (got the Elton co-sign), Phoebe Bridgers, SZA, Jorja Smith, Lianne La Havas

Am I well out of the loop or is LL a bit of a reach...

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Find the Liam demand fascinating, as it makes me wonder how many nights a fully reformed Oasis could do at Knebworth. What do we reckon? 10 sold out nights? 

They could probably do a whole month of gigs at Wembley or somewhere central (initial reunion has to be at knebworth, obviously)

8 minutes ago, NoBuses said:

They could probably do a whole month of gigs at Wembley or somewhere central (initial reunion has to be at knebworth, obviously)

Just like the Roses I’d expect their first gigs back to be in Manchester. Three or four nights at Heaton Park then stadia and festivals the following year.

4 minutes ago, 1986 said:

If Liam headlined solo then Oasis reformed not long after it would make an Oasis headline set pretty redundant surely? Wonder if Glastonbury want to hedge their bets and see what happens?

I don’t think Liam will ever headline solo, even if a Oasis reunion never comes/comes at a much later date. He hasn’t reached these heights on his own merit - only that of Oasis and their tunes - so can’t imagine he’s even in consideration at this point tbh, regardless of how popular he currently is.

Liam headlining would be a very very lazy booking I’d say. Save that for festivals who sell tickets by stroking peoples nostalgia. 

Surely though the nostalgia factor is running a bit dry on Liam and Noel? They haven’t exactly been difficult to catch by now if you’re interested.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Liam headlining would be a very very lazy booking I’d say. Save that for festivals who sell tickets by stroking peoples nostalgia. 

Surely though the nostalgia factor is running a bit dry on Liam and Noel? They haven’t exactly been difficult to catch by now if you’re interested.

I don't think it is running dry, if anything it's getting bigger given that Liam is selling out bigger and bigger venues each year. It's funny that Noel has tried to move away from Oasis sounding stuff in recent years, whereas 90% of Liam's solo output wouldn't sound out of place on any post 2000 Oasis album, yet it's Liam who is vastly more successful.

There will always be a market for that sort of music. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don't think it is running dry, if anything it's getting bigger given that Liam is selling out bigger and bigger venues each year. It's funny that Noel has tried to move away from Oasis sounding stuff in recent years, whereas 90% of Liam's solo output wouldn't sound out of place on any post 2000 Oasis album, yet it's Liam who is vastly more successful.

There will always be a market for that sort of music. 

Don’t get me wrong a reunion would still be one of the biggest bookings of this generation but I’m actually surprised how many people are snapping up Liam tickets etc for that Oasis nostalgia. Especially since he’s played anywhere and everywhere each year he’s been active as a solo artist.

How long can the novelty of “Liam will play oasis tunes we have to see him!!” go on for? Surely anyone who has at least a mild interest has had a chance to see him.

I can’t help but think a lot of people snap up Liam tickets just on the off chance he will bring Noel on stage…

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t get me wrong a reunion would still be one of the biggest bookings of this generation but I’m actually surprised how many people are snapping up Liam tickets etc for that Oasis nostalgia. Especially since he’s played anywhere and everywhere each year he’s been active as a solo artist.

How long can the novelty of “Liam will play oasis tunes we have to see him!!” go on for? Surely anyone who has at least a mild interest has had a chance to see him.

I can’t help but think a lot of people snap up Liam tickets just on the off chance he will bring Noel on stage…

I don’t think you quite grasp just how massive Oasis we’re back in the day. Even in the mid-late 00’s when they were widely considered to be a spent force they were still selling out stadia everywhere. Liam’s popularity is just an extension of that.