Headliners 2024

Somto Unigwe Raphael

8 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

I think we could see Gaga in 2024 presuming Taylor is in for 2023.

Although I’m sure they’d get her if they could, after Gaga, what female headliners would we have left for future festivals? Obviously Billie came out of nowhere so nothing to say it couldn’t happen again, but outside of rebooking Beyoncé or Adele, I think they’d be pretty stuck for another female headliner for some time. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I’m sure they’d get her if they could, after Gaga, what female headliners would we have left for future festivals? Obviously Billie came out of nowhere so nothing to say it couldn’t happen again, but outside of rebooking Beyoncé or Adele, I think they’d be pretty stuck for another female headliner for some time. 

Dua will surely get her moment in the future.

Maybe one day they'll reach an agreement with Madge (given it's potential to be a car crash I'd be wary)

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dua will surely get her moment in the future.

Maybe one day they'll reach an agreement with Madge (given it's potential to be a car crash I'd be wary)

Dua completely slipped my mind. Yeah she’s surely close in line to do it.

At one point I thought Madge was in the running but judging by her apparent insane Eurovision fee and general car crash persona I just don’t see it ever happening, and that’s probably for the best. 

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

She gets overlooked on here, but P!nk could and absolutely should do it.. Easily big enough, has the songs, and is a fantastic performer.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Adele will perform again 

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Dua completely slipped my mind. Yeah she’s surely close in line to do it.

At one point I thought Madge was in the running but judging by her apparent insane Eurovision fee and general car crash persona I just don’t see it ever happening, and that’s probably for the best. 

Also Emily has unfollowed her on Instagram so I imagine she was a nightmare to try and book 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I think Pink is a future legends slot / Aerosmith style booking tbh. Not a headliner but a probably very strong act lower on the bill. 

You know how you've been frequently banging on about the number of tickets Billie Eilish sold to her British tour next year? And you're right, it is impressive.

On her last tour here, P!nk sold nearly twice as many tickets overall (~350k). At a higher price. That's on fewer shows, in literally some of the largest stadia in the country, all of which sold out effectively instantly meaning (like with BE) the true demand of the market wasn't even met.

Yes, I realise she hasn't been "flavour of the month" for about 20 years and so will be written off by people who care about TikTok and bullshit like that, but she's easily big enough and I'd be infinitely more confident in her ability to actually draw and hold a crowd in the top slot than BE.

• Upvote 5

Tbf, Pink would be sick if she did any kind of greatest hits set, but she isn’t gonna be booked to headline, so the best she/we could hope for is a third down the Pyramid type deal if the festival were to offer it to her and she were to accept.

In another timeline she might’ve been booked to headline at some point earlier in her career, but I think the boat has been missed on that one.

6 hours ago, incident said:

You know how you've been frequently banging on about the number of tickets Billie Eilish sold to her British tour next year? And you're right, it is impressive.

On her last tour here, P!nk sold nearly twice as many tickets overall (~350k). At a higher price. That's on fewer shows, in literally some of the largest stadia in the country, all of which sold out effectively instantly meaning (like with BE) the true demand of the market wasn't even met.

Yes, I realise she hasn't been "flavour of the month" for about 20 years and so will be written off by people who care about TikTok and bullshit like that, but she's easily big enough and I'd be infinitely more confident in her ability to actually draw and hold a crowd in the top slot than BE.

Why is this so passive aggressive? I know Pink is a big seller but I don’t think Glastonbury will want her as a headliner. I think it will be as a legend or Katy Perry style etc booking rather than a headliner. I can see her being the type of act that if Glastonbury wait a bit she will be more flexible with her position. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Why is this so passive aggressive? I know Pink is a big seller but I don’t think Glastonbury will want her as a headliner. I think it will be as a legend or Katy Perry style etc booking rather than a headliner. I can see her being the type of act that if Glastonbury wait a bit she will be more flexible with her position. 

Is there any particular reason why they wouldn't want her to headline? She's got the hits and puts on a hell of a show for a live performance by all accounts. And obviously remains vastly popular over here given the ticket sales metric.