Sat: Fleetwood Mac

sun: muse 

the other stage

friday: the chemical brothers

Sat: sam fender

sun: panic at the disco

sam fender won't be back so soon

16 minutes ago, henry bear said:

But all they’re saying is that the promoters of Desert Trip are hoping for them. Doesn’t mean there’s any serious dialogue. The one thing they have got in their favour - lots of cash, has never been much of a motivating factor for Robert Plant, who much prefers doing his own thing

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah but it doesn’t say “chats”. Chats implies a two way dialogue, which that article very specifically doesn’t mention. It sounds like they’ve probably got their names on a wish list and that’s about it. 

You’re both moving too fast. At one point all the Macca rumours were “Glastonbury hoping to get him, Macca thinking about doing Glastonbury”. All these publications have to word things a certain way. All I take from it is that Page N Plant are having chats. Whether they are advanced or not we don’t know, but Paul T chases acts and has a pretty good track record of making things happen.

Just chatting about this. On the list of acts big enough/likely to be touring/not played too recently or at all, we came up with:

Pink

Elton John

Arctics.

plus Aerosmith for legends.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Slim and none? They are in talk to do dates next year

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329756&title=BOSS-MOVING-BIG-TOUR-TO-23

If you’re scratching your head at hits daily double speak to your friendly neighbourhood American @Suprefan

You mean that article that says the chances of reunion are shaky as fuck? Oh yeah. I'll stand by my original point.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If Taylor gets these rerecordings done by Glastonbury and the tour ends up being a greatest hits affair, holy shite she’s gonna put on all timer.

Only Macca has a better back catalogue to pick from.

Absolute bollocks. She's a modern great, but I could list twenty bands/artists that have better back catalogues, at least. Get those Swift Goggles off.

• Upvote 3

Desperately clinging onto the hope we could get away with Biffy Clyro not sinking to Other headline status quite yet - though they would likely be afford a full ninety-minute crack if so, which is no bad thing.

Steps would be... interesting. (I mean, saw them a few years back on the first reunion run, with Vengaboys in support, and it was a hoot, but possibly not quite the Sunday afternoon/lazy hangover name that springs to mind.)

Would be very much down for a cheesy pop set to open the Other on a Saturday. Get a nineties/noughties indie staple up first on the Friday, a cheesy pop set on the Saturday and something a little mellow on a Sunday.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lizzo has to be in contention as a Swift alternative as headliner. I think she will be second from top otherwise

I think subbing the Pyramid fees like the perfect spot for Lizzo. She’s a slam dunk for that type of position. You want someone who can really win over the pit when most are there for the headliner, and she’s ideal for that.

12 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Page and Plant aren't.

is not a combo either is interested in, they could have been working fulltime for the last twenty years if they were interested in doing that.

As great as AC/DC are, Im not 100% sure their brand of one dimensional hard blues would work over a 2 hour show.

Lot of head scratching going on when they play the Jack, Rock n Roll Damnation, Live Wire, Hell Ain't a Bad Place, Black Ice, Sin City, Rock or Bust et al.

16 minutes ago, The Nal said:

As great as AC/DC are, Im not 100% sure their brand of one dimensional hard blues would work over a 2 hour show.

Lot of head scratching going on when they play the Jack, Rock n Roll Damnation, Live Wire, Hell Ain't a Bad Place, Black Ice, Sin City, Rock or Bust et al.

As a vocal advocate for AC/DC on here over the years, I do wonder if the ongoing demographic shift is starting to disfavour them and it'd feel a bit like a backwards step.

I'd still be all over it, mind.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As a vocal advocate for AC/DC on here over the years, I do wonder if the ongoing demographic shift is starting to disfavour them and it'd feel a bit like a backwards step.

I'd be losing my shit aswell. But yeah I do wonder. 

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

An hour-and-a-half to play gangbusters:

Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Rock 'n' Roll Train
Shot in the Dark
Thunderstruck
Rock or Bust
High Voltage
Hells Bells
Dog Eat Dog