2023 Headliners

Matt42

39 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Arctic Monkeys have hits on all of their albums except maybe the last one. What an earth are you lot on about saying they won’t play the hits. I’ve never heard so much shite in my life. Do you really think they’re gonna show up and play TBHC/new album only? 

Depends whether Alex writes the setlist before after he's had a few lines tbh.... 

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Plant and Page rumoured to be doing shows in America next year. Would they be booked? Where would they play?

Fucking hell that's headline stuff surely if they're up to it. That would be absolutely incredible. Good luck to anyone trying to follow that if they play at 4pm. Unless they extended the legend slot

Is it deffo just Plant and Page - they have an interview with John Paul Jones last year and I really would think were closer than ever to a full Led Zep reunion. The question is mainly who drums for them? They seem pretty protective on that with using Bonham's son last time?

That would surely be dream headliner territory? 

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Plant and Page rumoured to be doing shows in America next year. Would they be booked? Where would they play?

You’ve said this before. What is the source of your rumour? Seems highly unlikely to me given everything Percy’s said since the partnership ended, and Jimmy recently saying that relations weren’t good.

Acts I'd like to see next year

Future Islands

Common

Frank Ocean

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

The Pixies

Khruangbin (missed em this time)

Thundercat 

Edited to add New Order

Edited by Ryu

For those worrying about Arctic Monkeys setlists, their new album would've been out ages by then, plus they'll have done a UK tour by then to get it out of their system (announcement incoming around R&L...)... they'll know what to do, as they did last time.

Reading & Leeds might get quite a bit of new stuff given it's this year but that crowd adores them so it won't matter much.

8 minutes ago, Sketchead said:

For those worrying about Arctic Monkeys setlists, their new album would've been out ages by then, plus they'll have done a UK tour by then to get it out of their system (announcement incoming around R&L...)... they'll know what to do, as they did last time.

Reading & Leeds might get quite a bit of new stuff given it's this year but that crowd adores them so it won't matter much.

That crowd will be there for the new stuff though given how much younger they generally skew than Glasto.

Do I Wanna Know / R U Mine are older than I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor was when they played Glasto last. 

Fri: Harry Styles / Dave

Sat: Arctic Monkeys / Fleetwood Mac

Sun: Taylor Swift

Legend: Spice Girs / Robbie Williams / Shania Twain

keeps changing, but those would be the top few choices i'd have for next years 3 headliners and legend

If Taylor gets these rerecordings done by Glastonbury and the tour ends up being a greatest hits affair, holy shite she’s gonna put on all timer.

Only Macca has a better back catalogue to pick from.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

You’ve said this before. What is the source of your rumour? Seems highly unlikely to me given everything Percy’s said since the partnership ended, and Jimmy recently saying that relations weren’t good.

Hits daily double - very reliable source - says the Coachella organiser is trying to set up desert trip 2.0 with Springsteen and Page n Plant.

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329756&title=BOSS-MOVING-BIG-TOUR-TO-23

I will let @Suprefan explain the reliability of hits daily double, does a better job at it than I do. Very reliable source for American gigs.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Superscally said:

Would love it to be true, but the chances are somewhere between slim and none.

Slim and none? They are in talk to do dates next year

If you’re scratching your head at hits daily double speak to your friendly neighbourhood American @Suprefan

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hits daily double - very reliable source - says the Coachella organiser is trying to set up desert trip 2.0 with Springsteen and Page n Plant.

I will let @Suprefan explain the reliability of hits daily double, does a better job at it than I do. Very reliable source for American gigs.

I don’t doubt the reliability of the site, which itself states the chance of them booking Page & Plant for the Desert Trip is looking ‘shakey at best’

Just now, henry bear said:

I don’t doubt the reliability of the site, which itself states the chance of them booking Page & Plant for the Desert Trip is looking ‘shakey at best’

Shaky at best but the people who source info to that site are simply the best placed in the biz. If conversations are ongoing its something we should pay attention to.

FWIW they’ve broken Coachella headliners before anyone else for pretty much every year I’ve been following it. If they heard that page n plant are in chats to do gigs again, then page n plant are in talks to do gigs again.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Shaky at best but the people who source info to that site are simply the best placed in the biz. If conversations are ongoing its something we should pay attention to.

FWIW they’ve broken Coachella headliners before anyone else for pretty much every year I’ve been following it. If they heard that page n plant are in chats to do gigs again, then page n plant are in talks to do gigs again.

But all they’re saying is that the promoters of Desert Trip are hoping for them. Doesn’t mean there’s any serious dialogue. The one thing they have got in their favour - lots of cash, has never been much of a motivating factor for Robert Plant, who much prefers doing his own thing

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah but it doesn’t say “chats”. Chats implies a two way dialogue, which that article very specifically doesn’t mention. It sounds like they’ve probably got their names on a wish list and that’s about it. 

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hits is literally a u.s music industry publication. I know they have a section titled "rumor mill", but its not really rumors at all. Its news they receive that gets passively posted online and people pick it up when it comes about. They get plenty of news and in the uk its just seemed to be perceived as just gossip When its indeed fact more often than not.  All this stuff is like politics. The right people send out news via these sites to communicate to people who know where to look. They had the coachella headliner drama from back in Jan and then Billboard had Harry Styles headlining hours before the poster came out. So its all in the same circles whether you want to believe ir or not. Just like on here when certain people in the uk circles know of certain things happening in the country or in europe with bookings. 

Edited by Suprefan