2023 Headliners

Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Someone told me that Adele’s Vegas residency had to cut back on some the staging due to supply chain issues and covid related delays. Adele apparently saw the reductions, freaked out, literally had a full on panic attack and pulled the whole thing. Apparently she was hysterical. 

Which is why they are completing the staging and everything before announcing the rescheduled dates in October.

And she still tried to claim her music as relatable and down to earth rather than the codswallop of an out of touch diva of Los Angeles. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Someone told me that Adele’s Vegas residency had to cut back on some the staging due to supply chain issues and covid related delays. Adele apparently saw the reductions, freaked out, literally had a full on panic attack and pulled the whole thing. Apparently she was hysterical. 

Which is why they are completing the staging and everything before announcing the rescheduled dates in October.

so you didnt just copy pasta from TMZ, cause they said all the same stuff, along with billboard and the like.

And yeah, she fucked up by deciding way too late on signing  the Vegas contract vs doing Coachella and it obviously bit her in the ass. You never see a Vegas residency announce their shit with a short lead up cause its all gotta be done right.

She sounded great on Friday, although the 10 min champagne toast break she did with some fans really killed the momentum. I know Adele talks a lot at her shows but this was nex level. It wasnt to that degree in 2016 on tour.

22 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Definitely wouldn’t rule it out. Capaldi especially. Although maybe Pyramid sub would be more suitable vibe-wise.

If anything I’d say Aitch is more realistic of the two. Fits the vibe.

Obvs Capaldi is big but I feel he may have already peaked. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s somewhat under-billed compared to expectations. High Other/Mid pyramid.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Obvs Capaldi is big but I feel he may have already peaked. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s somewhat under-billed compared to expectations. High Other/Mid pyramid.

Aitch does not fit the vibe, seen him live 4¿ times I think and he’s genuinely not good 

5 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

She can’t even organise a Vegas residency where she’d be performing in the same place every night, the idea of a stadium tour sounds far-fetched 

Surely those issues were well publicised ages ago? From the Popbitch newsletter in January... 

"Just before news broke in the papers, we told our Club Popbitch subscribers on Monday the real reason Adele's Vegas show got cancelled was because she hated the set design – particularly the big swimming pool that set designer Esmerelda Devlin had plonked on the stage (Adele's response on seeing it: "I ain't getting in no empty pond and I ain't doing the whole show in water.")

This isn't the first time Es Devlin's ideas have been met with disapproval by the talent. One of Es's more notable contributions to Beyoncé's Formation tour was a huge, inflatable lotus flower. The lotus motif was part of the tour's aesthetic, but Es's giant inflatable caused big problems. Mostly on account of the fact that, on the occasions it worked, it looked like a humungous fanny.

FYI: A good rule of thumb for telling how well things are going on an Es Devlin production? When things are peachy, she's billed as "Creative Director". When they get tense, she suddenly starts being described as "Set Designer".

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aitch is nowhere near the size to headline Other. Absolutely absurd suggestion!! He's definitely a bit smaller than AJ Tracey who was 4th pyramid. Capaldi 3rd / sub pyramid, couldn't really see him headlining other but he's definitely about the right size given he's done IOW now.

Just now, gfa said:

Aitch is nowhere near the size to headline Other. Absolutely absurd suggestion!! He's definitely a bit smaller than AJ Tracey who was 4th pyramid. Capaldi 3rd / sub pyramid, couldn't really see him headlining other but he's definitely about the right size given he's done IOW now.

He’s got the same billing at Latitude as Foals and higher than them at TRNSMT (although obvs the latter comes with the Scotland caveat). So as long as his new music doesn’t bomb when it eventually arrives.. 

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Far too early prediction....

Pyramid:

Swift 

Elton

AM

Other Stage:

The Prodigy

Royal Blood

Doja Cat

This looks right to me.

Although if Taylor isn't about I can see Dua.

1975 could be Other bound too, but wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

Really well balanced.

12 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I've found myself a little bit infuriated with Foals for their setlist selection over the years, perhaps. Remember seeing them at the First Direct Arena in Leeds many years ago and being left a bit cold too, so I oscillate in my affection for them.

In what way have the setlists left you cold?

10 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

In what way have the setlists left you cold?

They’ve entered their ‘greatest hits’ phase where they’ve got so many songs that are live mainstays that you can pretty much guess what their setlists will look like these days, which is basically just most of their singles with very few, if any, surprises (seem to be occasionally throwing Black Gold in these days, but that’s about it). Great if you’ve never seen them before as you get all the big hitters, but insanely boring if you’ve already seen them over the past few years. 

7 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

He was brilliant at Primavera but think he's much more likely for Other Headliner.

Which he unfortunately probably wouldn’t accept as I don’t think there are any festivals that he plays but doesn’t outright headline these days. Guessing he costs a fair bit, too. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Which he unfortunately probably wouldn’t accept as I don’t think there are any festivals that he plays but doesn’t outright headline these days. Guessing he costs a fair bit, too. 

Aye, imagine he doesn't come cheap - but while he is probably an idea Other booking, not sure he's got the clout to top the Pyramid.

Have just been idly looking over Coachella headliners to see who else probably isn't quite big enough to top here - LCD Soundsystem and Childish Gambino feel like very good Other bookings - and had somehow forgotten The Stone Roses infamously headlined there a few years back.

Think LCD will do a surprise set. JP or Park. I think it’s too early for them to go from other to WH. 

Agree they are absolutely not OS sized anymore but I can’t see them taking a slot down this soon.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Think LCD will do a surprise set. JP or Park. I think it’s too early for them to go from other to WH. 

Agree they are absolutely not OS sized anymore but I can’t see them taking a slot down this soon.

Seven years is a long time though Matty boy. It’d be no more drastic than The Libertines going from Pyramid sub in 2015 to Other Stage opener in 2022. And LCD were arguably over-booked in 2016 anyway, much as I adore them.