2023 Headliners

Matt42

9 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I watched some of the Foals set and-as a casual fan-thought it was really good. They were in the perfect spot though. I can see them almost becoming like the Chems and headlining the Other every few years but that’s their peak now.

I've found myself a little bit infuriated with Foals for their setlist selection over the years, perhaps. Remember seeing them at the First Direct Arena in Leeds many years ago and being left a bit cold too, so I oscillate in my affection for them.

8 minutes ago, BumJuice said:

There is still a Glasto hole between 21-27th June 2023 in Eltons Paris shows, could go either way as headliner or legend slot

It's actually a newly created  "Glastonbury shaped hole", that seems to have appeared in the past week with the Paris show now scheduled for Wednesday 21st previously having been scheduled for Sunday 25th.

So it's clearly been moved for *something* - the question is whether he was watching Macca on TV Saturday night and thought "Actually, Yeah, I do fancy a bit of that", or whether he was playing BST and enjoyed it so much he thought "I want to do this again next year". Or it could be something else in Europe, or he's decided he needs to play Brunton Park.

Forget any talk of Legends Slot - if he plays, he's absolutely doing so as a headliner. There's no way he plays lower, any suggestion otherwise is delusional.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, incident said:

It's actually a newly created  "Glastonbury shaped hole", that seems to have appeared in the past week with the Paris show now scheduled for Wednesday 21st previously having been scheduled for Sunday 25th.

So it's clearly been moved for *something* - the question is whether he was watching Macca on TV Saturday night and thought "Actually, Yeah, I do fancy a bit of that", or whether he was playing BST and enjoyed it so much he thought "I want to do this again next year". Or it could be something else in Europe, or he's decided he needs to play Brunton Park.

Forget any talk of Legends Slot - if he plays, he's absolutely doing so as a headliner. There's no way he plays lower, any suggestion otherwise is delusional.

Get Taron Egerton out for the encore with Dua Lipa.

34 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I think I'm out of the loop here. Technical issues?

The entire residency was suddenly postponed 24 hours before the first show because of unspecified “technical issues”, and some seven months later still hasn’t been rescheduled yet. The whole thing was extremely vague and pissed a lot of people off (entirely reasonably). 

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The entire residency was suddenly postponed 24 hours before the first show because of unspecified “technical issues”, and some seven months later still hasn’t been rescheduled yet. The whole thing was extremely vague and pissed a lot of people off (entirely reasonably). 

Blimey. That passed me entirely. Not particularly sporting.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Blimey. That passed me entirely. Not particularly sporting.

Refunds were available for the shows themselves but obviously that doesn’t help the people who had travelled, or were due to travel, from all over the world to be there. So yeah, not a great episode. 

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Refunds were available for the shows themselves but obviously that doesn’t help the people who had travelled, or were due to travel, from all over the world to be there. So yeah, not a great episode. 

Well, that's just crap. An illness is something that cannot be helped for the artist, naturally, but ooof, that's not on.

Did wonder if, post-Wembley, Adele was going to go full Kate Bush and just never play anywhere.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Well, that's just crap. An illness is something that cannot be helped for the artist, naturally, but ooof, that's not on.

Did wonder if, post-Wembley, Adele was going to go full Kate Bush and just never play anywhere.

At the time she blamed it on “Covid and delivery delays” but that clearly doesn’t explain why the entire residency needed to be postponed. Just baffling and has opened a lot of people’s eyes up to her ‘down to earth’ persona I think. 

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

At the time she blamed it on “Covid and delivery delays” but that clearly doesn’t explain why the entire residency needed to be postponed. Just baffling and has opened a lot of people’s eyes up to her ‘down to earth’ persona I think. 

Yeah, that's a bit... well, diva.

Let's not have her back at the farm. Who was it who has the info on her and Arctic Monkeys? I'm hijacking it - Adele's out and Peter Gabriel's in for a Saturday night set atop the Pyramid, featuring a big ol' Kate Bush cameo.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Wasn't the rumour that the set had a massive swimming pool in the middle and she hated it, that's why it got completely pulled.

1 minute ago, RetiredBoxer said:

Wasn't the rumour that the set had a massive swimming pool in the middle and she hated it, that's why it got completely pulled.

😂😂😂

I did hear chat that the crew weren’t allowed to be in the audience seats when she was present, which wouldn’t have helped. No idea how true that is tho obvs. 

9 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Too much pop on the Pyramid imo. Also ROC won't be that high.

not sure if this got replied to but Rex has been doing some pretty big shows recently. Other sub isn't too out of reach now i think. St Vincent, Burna Boy and Years and Years did it this year - he fits in just fine at that level id say

1 minute ago, gfa said:

not sure if this got replied to but Rex has been doing some pretty big shows recently. Other sub isn't too out of reach now i think. St Vincent, Burna Boy and Years and Years did it this year - he fits in just fine at that level id say

Y&Y are huge, that’s probably a stretch. Definitely on a par with the other two though. 

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Y&Y are huge, that’s probably a stretch. Definitely on a par with the other two though. 

Capital FM wise maybe, but festival placements not so much i thought?

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Capital FM wise maybe, but festival placements not so much i thought?

Might well be right. I mainly remember them overflowing the JP when they first broke through but they might not have progressed as rapidly since. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

I know this will be unpopular but I'd bet money that Harry Styles will be one of next years headliners, if Ta Ta doing the rounds then she'll could be the 2nd one and I would go with Elton but still not sure if he would do the legends slot (I think more than likely tbh)

If not Taylor, I could run with the Arctics rumour but think they will push for a female headliner - Lady Gaga being touring hit/miss of late and she would be a good draw if they got her....

So my initial punt will be Harry Styles, Arctic Monkeys, Taylor Swift and Elton John in Legends slot 🙂 

Posted (edited)

Someone told me that Adele’s Vegas residency had to cut back on some the staging due to supply chain issues and covid related delays. Adele apparently saw the reductions, freaked out, literally had a full on panic attack and pulled the whole thing. Apparently she was hysterical. 

Which is why they are completing the staging and everything before announcing the rescheduled dates in October.

Edited by Matt42

25 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Capaldi and Aitch aren't headlining Other.

Peter Capaldi. The man can shred.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Someone told me that Adele’s Vegas residency had to cut back on some the staging due to supply chain issues and covid related delays. Adele apparently saw the reductions, freaked out, literally had a full on panic attack and pulled the whole thing. Apparently she was hysterical. 

Hysteria, when you're near.