Who are you still playing on repeat?

juliadevitt

I like to play the EOTR compilation loudly from the living room with the windows open whilst I'm putting up and taking down the tent on the front lawn, after going on Google streetview and following the road from Shaftesbury to Larmer Tree. Oh, the nostalgia and the ambience, as the music drifts across the garden. Just like the real thing (well, not quite, eh?) 

Edited by RedRockRick
missed words

17 minutes ago, juliadevitt said:

That’s why the headliners aren’t often much interest to me, it’s all in the layers underneath 

I have to say, it was my 14th EOTR and I probably discovered more new (to me) stuff than at any other festival - it was also one of my favourite festivals ever.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I've been playing Katy J Pearson, Darren Hayman & The Golden Dregs pretty much constantly since returning. I also bought a dirt cheap Charlie Cunningham CD which got delivered today, so about to listen to that.

Oh, I should also add Chubby and the gang to that list - fucking excellent album (not surprising, given my username!)

7 hours ago, shoebox said:

Went to see JOHN last night after seeing them at EOTR. Still as visceral and amazing.

Also thinking of going to see Anna B Savage in Margate in the next couple of weeks

Melyn Melin, who I've just found out are playing an all-dayer in Margate next year. Tempting

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, domjon said:

Yup. Bummer the vinyl been delayed again tho. 

Speaking of vinyl.... Seen the marketing for the new Black Country, New Road LP?... A cool £94 for the deluxe bundle...nearly choked on me matcha shot. Fuck that. 

The whole raft of "limited" options that some bands come out with is really quite irritating. 

Here's the normal version, a coloured one, a signed coloured one, the same coloured one with a different cover, one with stickers or a poster. 

Guaranteed that there will be a special release for Record Store Day or something in the next year too.

5 minutes ago, benali said:

The whole raft of "limited" options that some bands come out with is really quite irritating. 

Here's the normal version, a coloured one, a signed coloured one, the same coloured one with a different cover, one with stickers or a poster. 

Guaranteed that there will be a special release for Record Store Day or something in the next year too.

Yip. I don't mind a standard release and perhaps a limited run of one special edition but this kind of thing is pretty absurd and kinda a turn off tbh... 

https://black-country-new-road.myshopify.com/?utm_source=identity&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=black-country-new-road-pre-12-10-21&src=mk_etblack-country-new-road-pre-12-10-21

4 hours ago, benali said:

tbh i've had loads of problems with coloured vinyl sounding dreadful of late, so I track to stick to black now where I can