Partner Q to 'how often' - How many times have you been to the festival?

paulshane

Partner Q to 'how often' - How many times have you been to the festival?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. How many Glasonburys have you been to?

• 0 - Never been
    • 1 - 3 times
    • 4 - 9 times
    • 10 - 19 times
    • 20 - 31 times
    • 31 - 35 times
    • 36 times, i.e. every single one so far

On 10/8/2021 at 7:44 PM, bexj said:

I keep trying to get to number 20 but it keeps getting cancelled...so next year it will be 20!

Just looking at your sig, how come you missed 2015 and 2016? Must have been odd to have missed those at the time after 20 years of going!

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Just looking at your sig, how come you missed 2015 and 2016? Must have been odd to have missed those at the time after 20 years of going!

2015 we took a holiday to Indonesia to see my brother and his new baby, 2016 we didn't manage to get tickets.  It was awful missing out, although not sad about missing the shit weather in 2016!  I know how lucky we've been getting tickets all these times, no secret, just a group of between 3 and 12 trying each time!

11 hours ago, bexj said:

2015 we took a holiday to Indonesia to see my brother and his new baby, 2016 we didn't manage to get tickets.  It was awful missing out, although not sad about missing the shit weather in 2016!  I know how lucky we've been getting tickets all these times, no secret, just a group of between 3 and 12 trying each time!

I suppose with holidays like that you can't really expect to do Glastonbury as well, when I went to Australia in January 2015 for a month I spent most of 2014 paying for it and only by a stroke of luck I did a PPI claim when I got back that meant I could afford Glastonbury 2015 as well. 

I know my time will come when I eventually miss one (I worked on a bar in 2019 when I failed to get one in the main sale) but it will probably be more due to me not being able to go rather than no way of getting in!

(yes 2016 was very hard work nearly not as bad as 2007 though - and I wasn't of an age to go in 1997 or 1998!)

On 10/13/2021 at 8:22 AM, gooner1990 said:

I suppose with holidays like that you can't really expect to do Glastonbury as well, when I went to Australia in January 2015 for a month I spent most of 2014 paying for it and only by a stroke of luck I did a PPI claim when I got back that meant I could afford Glastonbury 2015 as well. 

I know my time will come when I eventually miss one (I worked on a bar in 2019 when I failed to get one in the main sale) but it will probably be more due to me not being able to go rather than no way of getting in!

(yes 2016 was very hard work nearly not as bad as 2007 though - and I wasn't of an age to go in 1997 or 1998!)

I would be happy to work, but my husband doesn't want to and can't stand the idea of me going without him!!  Rock and a hard place!  Divorce??.🤣 🤣 

1 minute ago, bexj said:

I would be happy to work, but my husband doesn't want to and can't stand the idea of me going without him!!  Rock and a hard place!  Divorce??.🤣 🤣 

tbh I found it ok, I went on my own and made friends, plus then met my friends who were there anyway as punters when I had time off. 

I just accepted I was going to miss chunks of the festival and enjoyed the time I had off when I could. The sweetener was a free ticket, free meals, free hot showers, free coach to the site, dropped off at Ped gate C, no queuing and on site Tuesday lunchtime.

Half a Glastonbury was better than not going at all. 🙂