How often do you go to Glastonbury?

kalifire

How often do you go to Glastonbury?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go to Glastonbury?

• Every year without fail (ticket depending)
    • As often as possible (more often than not)
    • Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't
    • Once for the bucket list
    • No interest in going and I don't know what I'm doing here

I'm curious how many of us consider Glastonbury Festival as an annual pilgrimage (subject to tickets, of course), and whether there are any others who go when they can but not necessarily every year.

I didn't attend in 2016 because other travel plans meant there wasn't enough money to go round (did get tickets, but had the deposit refunded), and I'll be in a similar situation in 2023.

Are you a die-hard Glasto attendee, or do you take a year off every now and then?

I'm probably in the minority as I've only been once and I don't normaly try to get tixs that often. I normaly do a weekend festival every year, first it was Reading and then I moved onto Download/Sonisphere and now Boomtown plus various mini fests like Camden Rocks and London day festivals.

The Wibble Chat section is dead so if I want to talk gigs, tv or Marvel I have to come to this part of the forum.

Been going since 97 and missed a few:

• 2002 - stung by tickets selling out, was too poor to buy on the day.  Pre-fence there were always tickets floating around.
  • 2003 - was denied leave in a new job at the start of my career.  Still annoyed to this day, petty.
  • 2011 - got married
  • 2013 - small child
  • 2015 - turns out child was still too small in 2014.  I did make a half-hearted attempt to get tickets, but failed

I think I've been to the rest though.

The only one I've missed since 2004 is 2010. Still not sure why I didn't go that year. I've been helped to get a ticket twice during that time but even with the usual army of helpers, I failed spectacularly for 2020. Currently weighing up options, including the possibility of working (I always said I wouldn't) and alternative festivals like Roskilde but if G2022 doesn't come off, I need to be as far away from Somerset as possible. The FOMO and heartbreak will be too much

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The only one I've missed since 2004 is 2010. Still not sure why I didn't go that year. I've been helped to get a ticket twice during that time but even with the usual army of helpers, I failed spectacularly for 2020. Currently weighing up options, including the possibility of working (I always said I wouldn't) and alternative festivals like Roskilde but if G2022 doesn't come off, I need to be as far away from Somerset as possible. The FOMO and heartbreak will be too much

Twix at the ready....

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I seem to recall you being fairly slender.

I have a big rucksack.

Let's talk.

• Thanks 1

first went in 2005, been every year since apart from the following:

2007 - went to Thailand, couldnt afford both

2011 - best man at my mate's wedding in the caribbean, again couldnt afford both

2013 - went to SE asia, couldnt afford both

2015 - my mam's 60th birthday

so since then, i've vowed to myself (and my mam, sorry Mam, but your birthday has to be a moveable feast!) that ill go whenever i can, and just try and sort the money out because watching on tv is a hideous torture. I worked for Oxfam last festival, and while i do another event for them in the same year, i get priority and can come back yearly guaranteed. Its a lovely little number with camping/parking/showers/passes, just for three shifts over the five days, so thats always going to be there as long as i maintain it - theres parts of it thats better than being a standard ticket bod!

Been to all of them since 2004 (which I think is 13 times)  although I kick myself regularly as I had mates of mine going from 1998 onwards and said I would like it and to come along....I said I was fine with just going to Reading until I got convinced to come in and haven't looked back since.

Only failed in obtaining tickets once which was 2019 and so I worked on a bar...was fine, would do it again if needed.

No intention of stopping anytime soon, although the percentage of our crowd who opt to go in glamping (Worthy View etc) is getting higher as each year goes on...only four of us are going in standard camping next year and about 12 people opted for glamping.

Edited by gooner1990