Ticket Price

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Mine tend to sit around the £15-£25 marker, give or take. I've just treated myself and splurged almost £50 on Gary Numan. But yeah, it's still value for money in that sense, but even so it is going to be pricing people out.

£290 wouldn't surprise me then car parking on top so based on two around £320 I reckon. Some people will probably just not be able to financially find it to then have to find £250+spending money later on. We know food a drink prices are going to be very top end.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah 300 quid will be pricing a fair few more peeps out wouldnt it. Parking prob will go up massively too..

I think parking will be £60 a car, it was £45 last time.

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Here is a good question. Would you feel better if they offered a monthly payment scheme? Or do you like this system with just putting in a deposit and waiting to pay the rest whenever the time comes? Would everyone like the idea of 6 payments of £50 for example? 

When I first got my ticket I set up a savings pot with my bank and bank transfer to put in £50 a month into it ready for balance payment day.

I never cancelled that monthly transfer.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Here is a good question. Would you feel better if they offered a monthly payment scheme? Or do you like this system with just putting in a deposit and waiting to pay the rest whenever the time comes? Would everyone like the idea of 6 payments of £50 for example? 

What difference does it make? Just put the £50 away a month yourself.

6 minutes ago, duke88 said:

What difference does it make? Just put the £50 away a month yourself.

Once you've paid it into the system you can't dip into it. Put it away yourself and you're in the "I just need to nick a bit but I'll top it up next month" territory.

In principle you're right, but money management is a major issue for some (many?) people.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Once you've paid it into the system you can't dip into it. Put it away yourself and you're in the "I just need to nick a bit but I'll top it up next month" territory.

In principle you're right, but money management is a major issue for some (many?) people.

I’ve set up a Monzo pot that’s locked until a set date. If you try to withdraw from it before that date it will shut down the full pot. 

unfortunately I’ve set mine to be the 1st April so will have to shut it down then reopen it. 

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I’ve set up a Monzo pot that’s locked until a set date. If you try to withdraw from it before that date it will shut down the full pot. 

unfortunately I’ve set mine to be the 1st April so will have to shut it down then reopen it. 

That strikes a decent balance. Except for the date part 😄

14 hours ago, Quark said:

Mine tend to sit around the £15-£25 marker, give or take. I've just treated myself and splurged almost £50 on Gary Numan. But yeah, it's still value for money in that sense, but even so it is going to be pricing people out.

namedropping time - i had a chat to Gary Numan outside at a Rammstein gig a few years back. He is a really lovely fella. I know thats not anything to do with anything really, but i do like reporting good things! 

18 hours ago, thewayiam said:

£290 wouldn't surprise me then car parking on top so based on two around £320 I reckon. Some people will probably just not be able to financially find it to then have to find £250+spending money later on. We know food a drink prices are going to be very top end.

Yep, I mean they know it sells out in 20 mins and has done for years now so they'll try and find a new ceiling for pricing it I'd think.

Seen a lot of people complaining about the price not remaining the same on Facebook so I am hoping that the price increase does put a few people off. We're definitely not going to be far from not have much change from £300. I expect food prices to go up significantly as well if my New Order £11 for small portion of Mac and Cheese experience is anything to go by. Brexit will have an impact as well. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Seen a lot of people complaining about the price not remaining the same on Facebook so I am hoping that the price increase does put a few people off. We're definitely not going to be far from not have much change from £300. I expect food prices to go up significantly as well if my New Order £11 for small portion of Mac and Cheese experience is anything to go by. Brexit will have an impact as well. 

Yeah, paid £6 for a gourmet hot dog at Heaton for that gig. Was like an Ikea one but not as good.

I’m guessing £300 or just the right side of that.

seems a bit unfair that you can get a full refund until 31st December but you don’t know the full price until early in the New Year. If you bail once price is announced you lose £25.

Would make sense to me to share the price and let people who don’t want to or can’t afford to pay the new price have a full refund, tickets back in resale pot.

10 hours ago, balti-pie said:

namedropping time - i had a chat to Gary Numan outside at a Rammstein gig a few years back. He is a really lovely fella. I know thats not anything to do with anything really, but i do like reporting good things! 

assume he didnt stay too long as it was getting cold outside?

I'll get my coat 👀

On 9/28/2021 at 8:39 PM, squirrelarmy said:

How much is everyone paying for gigs at the mo? I’ve paid about £45-£50 a ticket for good but not spectacular bands with a little bit of support. Even if tickets end up being £300 next year it’s still great value for money considering what you get for a full week of entertainment at the best festival in the world. 

I've been to gigs 6 days in a row up until today and none of them cost more than £14. And that's in Southampton, so you don't even have to live in a music hotspot to do it. There's an unbelievable amount of amazing bands playing around the country in small venues that don't charge silly prices.

Last night I saw Pom Poko and Legss, both were absolutely superb and it cost about a tenner.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I’ve already paid £50 for a Worthy View car park. Can’t see them charging more than that for the general parking.