Ticket Price

Chrisp1986

So the wording on the email today suggests that there may well be a significant increase in price. I know this won't stop anyone on here paying it off but what about those who maybe aren't that bothered and only going as their mate was? Also, what price we predicting? I am going for edging towards 300. 285 plus booking fee?

19 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So the wording on the email today suggests that there may well be a significant increase in price. I know this won't stop anyone on here paying it off but what about those who maybe aren't that bothered and only going as their mate was? Also, what price we predicting? I am going for edging towards 300. 285 plus booking fee?

What was it in 2020? 

The £300 mark isn’t far off! 

How much is everyone paying for gigs at the mo? I’ve paid about £45-£50 a ticket for good but not spectacular bands with a little bit of support. Even if tickets end up being £300 next year it’s still great value for money considering what you get for a full week of entertainment at the best festival in the world. 

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

How much is everyone paying for gigs at the mo? I’ve paid about £45-£50 a ticket for good but not spectacular bands with a little bit of support. Even if tickets end up being £300 next year it’s still great value for money considering what you get for a full week of entertainment at the best festival in the world. 

That’s correct, not uncommon now for gigs to cost 80 quid and more when all the booking fees etc are added on. 300 for all the bands, the choice, the experience, the different areas, the memories etc. Incredible value, bring it on! 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Mine tend to sit around the £15-£25 marker, give or take. I've just treated myself and splurged almost £50 on Gary Numan. But yeah, it's still value for money in that sense, but even so it is going to be pricing people out.

Reckon it will be £290.

I will have 3 to pay for so any increase will add up, but at the same time I don’t think I have ever looked forward to paying for something as much as this.  As @squirrelarmy rightly says, the value is still incredible.

After securing my first ever tickets nearly 2 years ago, there have been times when I really wondered if I would ever get there, but getting that email today has really got me feeling like the countdown has properly started.

• Upvote 3

Assuming that the pandemic had never happened, there would naturally have been price increases by now anyway. Add on to that the huge financial hit the entertainment industry has suffered because of Covid, and then the extra costs as a result of Brexit, then we were always looking at a cost hike this year. Hopefully no-one will begrudge it.
Actually no, I hope some do begrudge paying the extra - so that more of the ticketless faithful here have more chance at the resale!

8 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Reckon it will be £290.

I will have 3 to pay for so any increase will add up, but at the same time I don’t think I have ever looked forward to paying for something as much as this.  As @squirrelarmy rightly says, the value is still incredible.

After securing my first ever tickets nearly 2 years ago, there have been times when I really wondered if I would ever get there, but getting that email today has really got me feeling like the countdown has properly started.

Genuinely looking forward to you getting in there!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Havent paid insane amounts for everything so far. Only bit the bullet on a couple of ''expensive'' gigs. Didnt have much choice for Kacey Musgraves for where I wanted to sit and price level so that was about £220  for a pair after fees. Just paid £50 for St Vincent and Spoon this past friday night which really good value. Elton John were the cheap seats for £130 in total. Steal of the year has been Shania Twain in Vegas at £35 for 2 tickets. There was a special promo and I grabbed a pair. Had a hotel credit to use so its only a matter of driving to Vegas which makes it totally worth it when the venue only holds 5000 or so.

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah 300 quid will be pricing a fair few more peeps out wouldnt it. Parking prob will go up massively too..

I dont think so. Whenever they get to £350 is when you might see people start to reconsider. You only ask people to put £50 down and they have 6 months to decide if they want to attend, thats plenty of time to put money aside.  Coachella just had the most severe price hike and they have a multibillion dollar promoter as their funding source. You lot arent stuck with paying over  £400 yet.

40 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Havent paid insane amounts for everything so far. Only bit the bullet on a couple of ''expensive'' gigs. Didnt have much choice for Kacey Musgraves for where I wanted to sit and price level so that was about £220  for a pair after fees. Just paid £50 for St Vincent and Spoon this past friday night which really good value. Elton John were the cheap seats for £130 in total. Steal of the year has been Shania Twain in Vegas at £35 for 2 tickets. There was a special promo and I grabbed a pair. Had a hotel credit to use so its only a matter of driving to Vegas which makes it totally worth it when the venue only holds 5000 or so.

that dont impress me much...

I'll get my coat 👀

I think that first 2 in the price ticking over to a 3 is gonna be a big deal psychologically, so better to do that now when there’s good reason. So I’ll go for a £305 price.

Then when 2023 goes from £305 to £315 it won’t appear such a shock as going from, say £295 to £305. Plus VAT rates will be back to full rate next year, so again better to overegg it this year than have two largish price hikes back to back.

But then again the fest may consider its social principles more highly than that and stick to the minimum price it can afford to stay within budget of the maximum number of punters.

Basically... dunno 🤷🏼 

Edited by John the Moth
Typo