Hyperactive drugged up eels

Ayrshire Chris

56 minutes ago, Quark said:

I really don't think it's about knowing where the things are or having them signposted tbh. The majority of illicit pissing that I've seen, particularly after a set, is against the blue tarp walls of a urinal because people can't be arsed to wait 2 minutes for a queue that's generally moving relatively smoothly.

You might mitigate it by expanding the urinals where they are to increase capacity, but mostly it boils down to people being selfish c**ts.

Two minutes is really quite a long time when you've been holding it in for 2 hours at the front of the stage. 🤣

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Do you really want the drama of a bunch of intoxicated people running away from security? 

If and when security catch them the pissers security will need to see their ID or ticket to ban them which they might not have on them and will have to put pressure on the pissers to take them to their tent or locker to look at it

It could lead to people getting hurt and will definitely lead to fights

Hopefully the drama would be short lived because it would work, people are meant to keep their ticket on them at all times anyway and yes I'd be more than happy not to see the type of people who do it at the festival. 

Glastonbury need to embrace this research and use it to educate why we don't pee on the land, instead of just telling people not to pee on the land or threatening to ban them.

Men spend a lifetime conveniently peeing in inconvenient situations. Simply telling them not to do so will not be as effective as telling them why.

Don't pee on the land. Doing so harms or kills endangered wildlife, which in turn will kill the festival itself. <insert picture of cute eel>

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Errm, perhaps more urinals would do the trick. It's all very well saying that people should be patient and queue but a full bladder and lots of booze can tempt the best of us. Some half drainpipe and a bit of screening the length of the main stages would sort the problem easily #screwfix.

Not that simple though. It has to go somewhere, so then you're into more septic tanks or other ways of storing it. Then they have to be able to actually get to them to be able to empty them.  With the permanent crowds around the main stages, that becomes a logistical and safety nightmare.

I get the temptation thing, but I've managed to get through all my Glastonburies in various states of inebriation and absolute fuckwittery without pissing anywhere I wasn't meant to. It's really not that hard if you can be arsed.

5 hours ago, nicnzl said:

Glastonbury need to embrace this research and use it to educate why we don't pee on the land, instead of just telling people not to pee on the land or threatening to ban them.

Men spend a lifetime conveniently peeing in inconvenient situations. Simply telling them not to do so will not be as effective as telling them why.

Don't pee on the land. Doing so harms or kills endangered wildlife, which in turn will kill the festival itself. <insert picture of cute eel>

They do.  All of the information about not peeing on the land is linked to the river and watercourse damage, and that's often shown on the main stage screens between sets.

Also, and I know this isn't the main point you were getting at, I've seen lots of women pissing where they shouldn't at the festival as well.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Like most things, Glastonbury isn’t anywhere near as bad as festivals like Reading and Download so I’d hate to think what the results would be like if they did a similar test at those places.

I reckon the Thames still isn’t clear now from last months Reading Festival.

Thames is full of sewage anyway thanks to Thames Water being shite, and it’s a much larger body of water that flows a lot quicker. 

I’d agree with banning people for it, just need barcode wristbands that are widely available. Quick scan, beep, enjoy the rest of the festival but you ain’t coming back. 

7 hours ago, nicnzl said:

Yes, the effects of this behaviour and the consequences for the festival rather than just the don’t do it message have to be clearly explained .  And a bit of self discipline and shaming the culprits.  Though you would be hard pressed to find a picture of a cute eel, a cuddly wee water vole would be better!  

35 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What about people with bladder issues? It's easy to suggest shaming and banning people, but maybe there's a reason they couldn't wait to go to a longdrop or urinal. 

If you're someone with a bladder issue and it's a condition other than drunken laziness, then you can account for it in your planning. Potentially accept that you need to remain within reach of a toilet.  Make enquiries about access to the disabled loos on the platforms.  Carry the fabled Lenor bottle and possibly a she-wee if required so that if you've absolutely got to go then you can go safely and dispose of it later.

Ways and means.