Hyperactive drugged up eels

Ayrshire Chris

42 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It's a serious issue, and one that could threaten the future of the Festival, but it has to be asked why the Guardian have run with this more than 2 years since the event?

I was thinking tht!!! 2 years later!! Surely it would have shown up alot sooner they constantly test the water!! 

My friend and I were passing a guy peeing on the land at Glastonbury one time and she just flippantly shouted in his direction "Leave no trace!", this led to other people turning round and shouting at the guy. Not a lot he could do mid-flow but I'm sure it made him think twice about doing it again. 

There is just no need, you're never too far away from a urinal on site and there are rarely large queues for them. It's just lazy and rude. 

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Comedy headline aside, given that it was the onsite urination problem that came pretty close to fucking the festival over this could be a problem 😞

Yes kinda regret making that the post heading but I was serious in the actual post with the please don’t pee festival message. If it draws attention to the issue then that’s important. And the same goes for the comfort bottle thing. No use filling it then just emptying it on the grass, seen that happen often. 

8 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

My friend and I were passing a guy peeing on the land at Glastonbury one time and she just flippantly shouted in his direction "Leave no trace!", this led to other people turning round and shouting at the guy. Not a lot he could do mid-flow but I'm sure it made him think twice about doing it again. 

There is just no need, you're never too far away from a urinal on site and there are rarely large queues for them. It's just lazy and rude. 

I've seen a lot more of this at recent festivals including one bloke in the Park being loudly shamed by a group of women.

Other than having patrols out, I'm not sure how much more the festival can do.

34 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

A 2 year ban from the festival if caught?

Yeah a ban and being thrown off site would Definately stop it … along with some social media messaging … and some troughs on the walls of the urinals that don’t have them … why the hell do people go inside a urinal and then piss on the floor c@@ts … saw a guy with his young son doing it …in the pyramid one 😡

12 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Bring the green police back and boost their numbers, shame police will help reduce it. Maybe few more urinals and more signs that point to them as well?

That'll probably be the compromise for a year or two at least, just promise all that. Perhaps a little extra drug enforcement enforcement too. If that doesn't sort it then we could have some problems

Not sure this is as big of a deal as people as making out at this stage.

official environmental agency report post festival was fine - a University report isn’t going to close the festival - there’s a lot of environment law wheels to turn before this has a real impact on the festival’s feasibility - and presumably by that point the festival will have increased counter measures such as green police as others have mentioned.

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

That'll probably be the compromise for a year or two at least, just promise all that. Perhaps a little extra drug enforcement enforcement too. If that doesn't sort it then we could have some problems

Would resiting of certain urinals further away from the river also help....so that any overspill, or deliberate ignorance was given the time to decompose in the soil before joining the river?  It doesn't fix the idiots who simply pee where they stand, but there are probably certain urinals on steeper sloping land that contribute to this more than others.

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe 🤔 but I guess if u don’t do it the vibe isn’t ruined … and there is a festival ? Maybe green police is a better idea ? 

And maybe more urinals and compost loos though you are never very far away at any place on the site and there’s really no excuse  for not using them.  Apart of course from sheer laziness and being inconsiderate to others. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I don’t know what more the festival can do, really. Urination on the land is sadly inevitable but they’re strong on the message. I saw a few people loudly shame someone they saw doing it but it didn’t stop them. 

It definitely feels like it's better now than when I started going 10 years ago or so. And more public shaming. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

It definitely feels like it's better now than when I started going 10 years ago or so. And more public shaming. 

Over 2000 long drop seats, 1300compost loos, 700 metres of male urinals, and (I have no personal experience of these) according to official website, some lovingly decorated female urinals.  

Definitely better. There really is no excuse for indiscriminate pissing on the farm.  

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Over 2000 long drop seats, 1300compost loos, 700 metres of male urinals, and (I have no personal experience of these) according to official website, some lovingly decorated female urinals.  

Definitely better. There really is no excuse for indiscriminate pissing on the farm.  

They could possibly do a better job of signposting some of the toilets and where the closest ones are.

I know by the other stage there's two sets of compost toilets, one at the back of the other stage and one near oxylers. The oxylers ones were generally free when an act was on and the back of other stage free in the morning the other set always having a massive queue.

Thinking mostly about when it's dark and it's harder to see very far.

I really don't think it's about knowing where the things are or having them signposted tbh. The majority of illicit pissing that I've seen, particularly after a set, is against the blue tarp walls of a urinal because people can't be arsed to wait 2 minutes for a queue that's generally moving relatively smoothly.

You might mitigate it by expanding the urinals where they are to increase capacity, but mostly it boils down to people being selfish c**ts.

• Upvote 3

I think that "self policing" is the way to go. Those of us who care about the festival, don't just tut and walk on, tell the inconsiderate prat "leave no trace means you" you will probably find that others around you will join in and the message is delivered without the need to ban anyone or chuck them out. Of course there will still be some that don't care but I think most miscreants in this case are simply the entitled tawts of society that think they can do what they like and public shaming is probably good for their souls too.