Efests rumour page ?

ghandi

On 9/27/2021 at 1:45 AM, Neil said:

all of the website content is saved into databases, and the code is some programes i've written to extract and display the correct database entries under  the correct circumstances, so when you want the glasto line-up page it'll display the glasto line-up and not the line-up for another festival. a forums upgrade stopped part of the code from working, so i need to find out why and fix it . at the moment, the problem i have is thati need to set-up a dummy enviromenht on my test servers thats like my live servers so that everything acts in the same way and then i can start fixing it ( hopefully fixing it won't be too difficult, i wrote it in the first place so i can re-write it).

What's your stack? I'm a developer and I sometimes like debugging/tracing code errors 

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

its PHP and MYSQL, with the errors in  changed forums code, the test set-up that i built the code on doesn't work now for some reason, which is making it difficult to trap the errors.

Hearing you loud and clear 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 18

23 hours ago, eFestivals said:

its PHP and MYSQL, with the errors in  changed forums code, the test set-up that i built the code on doesn't work now for some reason, which is making it difficult to trap the errors.

I might be able to help if you want some, I'll PM you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 11:13 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What's the efests code? Is it like an allegiance thingy? If so, I'm completely unaware of it. However, it occurs to me right now that there very well may be a reason for that. And a good one, to boot. 

The eFests code:

"Try your best not to be a c**t and if you do, back down when it becomes obvious you have been. At all other times, be sound."

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:41 AM, MetaKate said:

I might be able to help if you want some, I'll PM you

On 10/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, eFestivals said:

thanks for your pm, i hope i'll sort it out, i wrote it in the first place ~(apart from the forums integration bits).

I'm not a PHP/MySQL developer, but I am a programmer and am also happy to help if I can.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Superscally said:

The eFests code:

"Try your best not to be a c**t and if you do, back down when it becomes obvious you have been. At all other times, be sound."

I can't help but feel that that is directed at me. Is it? If so, I may have 'appeared' to be a c**t recently, but don't actually have the foggiest where I have been. That said, I have just gone through a more mind bending experience than any illicit drug could throw at me. To top that off I have not been taking my prescribed medication to boot. The result of that is that I go completely fucking 'nuts', for want of a better word. I will say and do things which just aren't me on any kind of sub conscious level that I would be familiar with as a conscious person. Although I have to admit that one doesn't technically have access to one's sub conscious - or so I would be led to believe. Who actually knows though? 

In connection with parts of the above, I have been very, very unhappy of late. I'm wondering if there is an incident whereby I have directed that unhappiness towards someone, or some people, in a kind of vitriolic tag game? Yet again, I am having difficulty being able to acknowledge that one because (a) I have no recollection of doing so, and (B) because that really isn't my MO - or not as I perceive it anyway.

So, if it was about me, then I'm just saying that I have no conscious recollection of doing so. I would actually be grateful if such an incident or incidents were pointed out to me, so that I can understand the situation / actually know that it exists. 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't help but feel that that is directed at me. Is it? If so, I may have 'appeared' to be a c**t recently, but don't actually have the foggiest where I have been. That said, I have just gone through a more mind bending experience than any illicit drug could throw at me. To top that off I have not been taking my prescribed medication to boot. The result of that is that I go completely fucking 'nuts', for want of a better word. I will say and do things which just aren't me on any kind of sub conscious level that I would be familiar with as a conscious person. Although I have to admit that one doesn't technically have access to one's sub conscious - or so I would be led to believe. Who actually knows though? 

In connection with parts of the above, I have been very, very unhappy of late. I'm wondering if there is an incident whereby I have directed that unhappiness towards someone, or some people, in a kind of vitriolic tag game? Yet again, I am having difficulty being able to acknowledge that one because (a) I have no recollection of doing so, and (B) because that really isn't my MO - or not as I perceive it anyway.

So, if it was about me, then I'm just saying that I have no conscious recollection of doing so. I would actually be grateful if such an incident or incidents were pointed out to me, so that I can understand the situation / actually know that it exists. 

I think you may have got this horribly wrong. I'm 100% sure he's making a joke about what the Efest 'Code of conduct' should be for everyone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Pretty sure no-one on here would think that you appeared to be a c**t! Quite the contrary, I consider you an efestivals legend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello SighMo and Punksnotdead,

Thank you for your clarification and kind words, they are appreciated. I'm really 'out of sorts' a little mentally speaking right now, so thought that I'd done something that I had no recollection of. Oh well, that's cheered me up somewhat. Thank you.

You’re one of the most interesting and likeable members in here; don’t doubt yourself ❤️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SighMo said:

You’re one of the most interesting and likeable members in here; don’t doubt yourself ❤️

Yep. I heartily agree. Always raise a smile with your stories for me. (Obviously not the crap time stories). (Jesus the internet is a tricky beast to make yourself clear on).

• Upvote 1

Thank you to all above that have given me the re-assurance that I obviously needed. I did indicate that my mental health was a bit messy. However, you might not believe my life since my last post. What's happened is the psycho (to my and other people's mind's) neighbours boyfriend has had her up against the wall by the throat, apparently, 3 times this evening. Eventually the neighbour has sent an SOS message to my wife, and I've had to go around to ensure my neighbour and her children's safety. This is in the knowledge that he is a martial art expert to the point of being a major what's called a Class A star's bodyguard. The first thing he's done when I walked in to help was to grab me by the throat and press down hard on it. Knowingly hard.

Then there's about another 30 minutes of complete mayhem when me and my wife are trying to look after the lady next door and her 3 little kids (and 3 dogs FFS!).During that time this black belt w*nker has smashed me in the face, and now I've all but lost yet another tooth (it's wobbly like fuck now).

Then my wife called the police. Then I did begin to worry about the situation, and had to rapidly hide certain 'commodities'. 

And so it's rolled on all night. Back to normal'ish now though, but only just. 

Tooth's starting to increasingly hurt though. So has the desire to introduce the bloke to the 'forces' that I could easily bring to bear against him. However, it wouldn't actually be 'easy'. And that's because I am not the same 'man' as he. I told his partner (our neighbour) tonight that he (the violent one) is actually not a 'man' but a 'boy' (albeit a 41 year old boy - there's plenty of them about of that age, and older and younger too). He's a violent tantrum addicted boy.

This may sound dramatic and a little like bravado. It's worse than that, because it'll sound like 'his' territory. However, needless to say 'I click my fingers' and the bloke won't just experience horror, he will experience harrowing horror. The like of which you'd normally only see in films.

Guess what I have chosen?

I have chosen to follow unadulterated wisdom;

7 inspiring quotes for International Day of Non-Violence | World Economic  Forum

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you to all above that have given me the re-assurance that I obviously needed. I did indicate that my mental health was a bit messy. However, you might not believe my life since my last post...

Blimey, Yog. Good on you both for trying to help. What an awful situation for that poor lady and her family to experience, and for you to have to overhear, knowing how volatile this horrible pillock is. How was it left in the end?