Efests rumour page ?

ghandi

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ta, missing it, there’s been all sorts of rumours about the rumours page

I'll be glad when I've fixed it, I keep going round in circles trying to fix it. An upgrade to the forums broke the efests code, because the content manager login used to hide behind the forums login.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I'll be glad when I've fixed it, I keep going round in circles trying to fix it. An upgrade to the forums broke the efests code, because the content manager login used to hide behind the forums login.

What's the efests code? Is it like an allegiance thingy? If so, I'm completely unaware of it. However, it occurs to me right now that there very well may be a reason for that. And a good one, to boot. 

7 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

One to be added to the rumour page: Monsieur Doumani, a really good trio from Cyprus, self-confirmed on their website. They’d be down the West Holts line up I guess.

9D63E392-C779-4A6F-B002-776795362994.png

Never heard of them so I’ve been listening to their latest album and enjoying it. It strikes me as exactly the kind of set you can unexpectedly stumble upon at the farm, and before you know it, you’re bopping away in a field in Somerset, cider in hand, sun in the sky, thousands around you having the same experience. Fucking wonderful. Bring on June. 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What's the efests code? Is it like an allegiance thingy? If so, I'm completely unaware of it. However, it occurs to me right now that there very well may be a reason for that. And a good one, to boot. 

all of the website content is saved into databases, and the code is some programes i've written to extract and display the correct database entries under  the correct circumstances, so when you want the glasto line-up page it'll display the glasto line-up and not the line-up for another festival. a forums upgrade stopped part of the code from working, so i need to find out why and fix it . at the moment, the problem i have is thati need to set-up a dummy enviromenht on my test servers thats like my live servers so that everything acts in the same way and then i can start fixing it ( hopefully fixing it won't be too difficult, i wrote it in the first place so i can re-write it).

10 hours ago, Neil said:

all of the website content is saved into databases, and the code is some programes i've written to extract and display the correct database entries under  the correct circumstances, so when you want the glasto line-up page it'll display the glasto line-up and not the line-up for another festival. a forums upgrade stopped part of the code from working, so i need to find out why and fix it . at the moment, the problem i have is thati need to set-up a dummy enviromenht on my test servers thats like my live servers so that everything acts in the same way and then i can start fixing it ( hopefully fixing it won't be too difficult, i wrote it in the first place so i can re-write it).

Thanks for the explanation Neil, which, naturally enough, is too complicated for me to understand. I didn't really think there was a 'secret' code that existed other than to maintain decorum.

5 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I’m holding on to the hope it’s been loaded with the full lineup and just waiting for an embargo to lift 🙂

I'm holding onto the hope that the average efester is smarter than you. 

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I object to that! Man boobs are people too, you know!

Advice to self - Run to the hills.

Possibly one of the greatest vocals in rock history?

That bloke is one confident cocky motivated soab.

A top notch Rock Star, Pilot, and Fencer (read Sword Fighter) by all accounts.

ANd The Jam are in turquoise?