Album of the Month Tournament - Sep 2021

dentalplan

We're getting ready to wake Billie Joe Armstrong up and we're getting ready to call time on the prestigious race to be crowned the best album in September 2021.

Here is a reminder of the rules:

• Contest window: Any album released or due to be released in September 2021.
  • Entry window: from September 24 2021, 00:00 BST to October 1 2021, 00:00 ET.
  • The system: Choose no more and no less than three albums released during the month in question, listed in order of preference.  The best receives three points, second best two points and the third best one point. See example below:

1. Album A (3 POINTS)
2. Album B (2 POINTS)
3. Album C (1 POINT)

• If you post three albums without specifying an order, it will be assumed that it is from best to worst.
  • If you post fewer than three albums, you'll be ignored and shunned by society.

Some cool albums came out today so don't rush into it. Check the new music thread for suggestions if you need any.

Another good month for releases for me personally,though I must admit that most of the month was spent listening to Turnstile and The Bronx from last month.

This has been a great year for music for me personally.

Thrice are top for me this month. They have got to be one of the most consistent bands of recent times,I genuinely can’t remember they last time (if ever) they put out any substandard material. Awesome band.

Shout out also to Badflower, who have also released what seems a decent record on first spin.

1, Thrice

2, Spiritbox

3, Amyl and the Sniffers.

Edited by rivalschools.price

1, The Wildhearts - 21st Century Love Songs

2, Bokassa - Molotov Rocktail

3, Amyl and the Sniffers - Comfort to Me

The Bronx should be number 1 for me though as their new album came out at the end of Aug and I've only listened to it in Sep.

Edited by jump

9 hours ago, jump said:

1, The Wildhearts - 21st Century Love Songs

2, Bokassa - Molotov Rocktail

3, Amyl and the Sniffers - Comfort to Me

The Bronx should be number 1 for me though as their new album came out at the end of Aug and I've only listened to it in Sep.

Yeah, that Bronx album has dominated my September as well. I did vote for it in August though so it’s had its credit haha.

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, that Bronx album has dominated my September as well. I did vote for it in August though so it’s had its credit haha.

Yeah the new one is great, arguably one of their best. It's got me really looking forward to when they tour the UK again after this.

I do have a weird relationship with The Bronx. A Mariachi El Bronx album comes out and I wish they would focus on that but then The Bronx release an album and I wish they would just focus on that. Although I do think the best song from either incarnation is that I Would Die 4 You which seems to hypnotizes me into deeply listening to it every time.

39 minutes ago, jump said:

Yeah the new one is great, arguably one of their best. It's got me really looking forward to when they tour the UK again after this.

I do have a weird relationship with The Bronx. A Mariachi El Bronx album comes out and I wish they would focus on that but then The Bronx release an album and I wish they would just focus on that. Although I do think the best song from either incarnation is that I Would Die 4 You which seems to hypnotizes me into deeply listening to it every time.

To be fair, they haven’t put out a bad album in my opinion 

• Upvote 1