Playground Festival

found home in 2009

Anybody going to Playground Festival in Glasgow this weekend? They seem really reluctant to release set times for some reason. I'm going today and tweeted the bands I want to see asking when they are on, but only reply I got was Glasvegas who say they are on at 6.20pm. If anyone has any idea when Hot Chip Megamix, Libertines or James are on, would really appreciate the info.

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Anybody going to Playground Festival in Glasgow this weekend? They seem really reluctant to release set times for some reason. I'm going today and tweeted the bands I want to see asking when they are on, but only reply I got was Glasvegas who say they are on at 6.20pm. If anyone has any idea when Hot Chip Megamix, Libertines or James are on, would really appreciate the info.

Leftfield have pulled out

TIMINGS
21.45    23:00        THE LIBERTINES (75 mins)
19:50    21:15        JAMES (85 mins)
18:20    19:20        GLASVEGAS (60 mins)
17:20    17:50        FAUVES (30 mins)
16:20    16:50        CONNOR FYFE (30 mins)
15:30    16:00        SHAMBOLICS (30 mins)

So you all know the set times for main stage 🎉💃🏼

Cheers. Had emailed the festival earlier in the week for set times & they said they'd be released on the day. Find it suspicious they held of so long announcing them 

Cynic in me thinks they knew well in advance Hot Chip & Leftfield were pulling out & didn't want to give people time to asks for refunds.

Appreciate sometimes things happen outside organisers control but leaves a bad taste in the mouth the way they've handled it.

I was mainly looking forward to James so not too bad for me, but my girlfriend was pretty much only going for hot chip so she's absolutely gutted

• Like 1

3 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Cheers. Had emailed the festival earlier in the week for set times & they said they'd be released on the day. Find it suspicious they held of so long announcing them 

Cynic in me thinks they knew well in advance Hot Chip & Leftfield were pulling out & didn't want to give people time to asks for refunds.

Appreciate sometimes things happen outside organisers control but leaves a bad taste in the mouth the way they've handled it.

I was mainly looking forward to James so not too bad for me, but my girlfriend was pretty much only going for hot chip so she's absolutely gutted

This festival is just down the road from me so I’ve kept an eye on it and it does seem like this year has been a bit of a shambles, even allowing for COVID.

Their first year in 2019 seemed to go fairly well, I’m sure they ended up selling tickets on itison nearer the time but other than Lauryn Hill turning up late I don’t think there were any disasters. They managed to get pretty good lineups for 2020 and 2021 originally, I had a ticket for Kraftwerk this year and was pretty temped by the Chvrches day last year before it was cancelled, but it seems like they’ve struggled to put everything together for the rearranged event this weekend.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

This festival is just down the road from me so I’ve kept an eye on it and it does seem like this year has been a bit of a shambles, even allowing for COVID.

Their first year in 2019 seemed to go fairly well, I’m sure they ended up selling tickets on itison nearer the time but other than Lauryn Hill turning up late I don’t think there were any disasters. They managed to get pretty good lineups for 2020 and 2021 originally, I had a ticket for Kraftwerk this year and was pretty temped by the Chvrches day last year before it was cancelled, but it seems like they’ve struggled to put everything together for the rearranged event this weekend.

Reports of 45 minute queues for a drink and people having problems with the cashless wristbands. Very nearly went to this but organisation seems sadly lacking. 

48 minutes ago, DDave said:

Reports of 45 minute queues for a drink and people having problems with the cashless wristbands. Very nearly went to this but organisation seems sadly lacking. 

The organisers held a food truck and craft beer festivals in the park last weekend which seemingly had hour long queues to get in, so you think they’d be better prepared for this week. I was offered free tickets for tonight but didn’t bother, quite glad now going by how it seems to be going.

My girlfriend said to me yesterday that she noticed Kelis had made no mention of Playground or travelling to Scotland on her social media & thought she wouldn't be playing.

I know stuff will happen outside organisers control & with Covid lineup changed are probably going to get more common, but think it's poor they've been pushing last minute ticket sales without admitting Kelis has pulled out when they must have known before today. She had to travel from America so no way they've only just found out

Was worried about the wristband payment system as people had said it was a disaster at that food & drink festival. Got to say the payment system worked really well, but the queues for drinks were still pretty long. Think a combination of not enough staff & too many staff that just didn't care.

They'd given people that didn't ask for a refund last year VIP tickets which supposedly included quick entrance.queue for it looked massive. We weren't VIP & took about 10 mins to get in. Spoke to someone who was VIP & arrived at same time. They said they queued for 45 min! Didn't check our Covid tests which was poor. They were doing bare minimum search wise so if I was going back today i'd definitely be sneaking drink in.

Sound was good & everything else was decent. Could do with a bit more sign posting, took me a while to discover the urinals. 

For me James were fantastic & made it worth the money. Organisation good definitely improve though

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

Was worried about the wristband payment system as people had said it was a disaster at that food & drink festival. Got to say the payment system worked really well, but the queues for drinks were still pretty long. Think a combination of not enough staff & too many staff that just didn't care.

They'd given people that didn't ask for a refund last year VIP tickets which supposedly included quick entrance.queue for it looked massive. We weren't VIP & took about 10 mins to get in. Spoke to someone who was VIP & arrived at same time. They said they queued for 45 min! Didn't check our Covid tests which was poor. They were doing bare minimum search wise so if I was going back today i'd definitely be sneaking drink in.

Sound was good & everything else was decent. Could do with a bit more sign posting, took me a while to discover the urinals. 

For me James were fantastic & made it worth the money. Organisation good definitely improve though

Noticed that with the long vip “quick” queue 😂

First time I’ve been and it’s a cracking set up. Great toilets, you normally pay extra for those types at festivals.

Bar queues were a disaster. Needed way more staff. Crazy that you could hand over cash at the bar that they then added to your wristband then took it back off again. Think that was adding to the wait time. Pity as the beer choice was better than usual.

Thought James were great. Was fearing their set list but loved it.

Will go again next year if I like the line up.

37 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Noticed that with the long vip “quick” queue 😂

First time I’ve been and it’s a cracking set up. Great toilets, you normally pay extra for those types at festivals.

Bar queues were a disaster. Needed way more staff. Crazy that you could hand over cash at the bar that they then added to your wristband then took it back off again. Think that was adding to the wait time. Pity as the beer choice was better than usual.

Thought James were great. Was fearing their set list but loved it.

Will go again next year if I like the line up.

James were fantastic.

Another positive I forgot to mention was the stackable cups. Made it a lot easier to carry drink if you decided to buy double as large a round as normal to avoid queuing again.

I think I'd go back,but my girlfriend is of opinion that was their 2nd chance as she was annoyed with bar queues at first one & she's not willing to give them a third chance.