Ticket balance due in March not April

dotdash79

1 minute ago, Dukeicon said:

I am a ticket holder, so I guess that's why I would have got it and you didn't, although both based in Somerset.

Let’s test that @funkychick2007 did you get the email ? Edit scap that … you are working … duh 😒 

Edited by crazyfool1

37 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Let’s test that @funkychick2007 did you get the email ? Edit scap that … you are working … duh 😒 

Didn't get an email!! But hopefully yes am working!!! Thank goodness for efests!! Im hoping logistically if they fill the Bath and West Showground with campervans tht will create a need for more volunteers and staff!! 

34 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Count me as somebody who didn’t get the email, and I usually get all their emails. Frustratingly, I would have tried for a tipi had I known. 

You have a ticket don't you? So that suggests it wasn't just ticket holders that didn't get them?

I didn't but am ticketless so that makes sense to me.

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Seems quite a few didn’t get the e Mail.  Wonder what mailing list they used , maybe past WV customers?  Just shows how useful e fests  is!  First thing I thought when I got the e Mail was to get it on here 

At the bottom of the E-Mail:

image.png.e71cce5a526b65cd64c91334b40051c3.png

So it's a Seetickets list, presumably people who ticked a box to opt in at one point or another.

4 hours ago, March Hare said:

I think we can expect substantial price increases in the ticket price. There will be costs to cover from two cancelled festivals and the previous tickets have been underpriced. The speed of sale is evidence of this. £300+ will be normal very soon

Look, at least this is not Coachella, who has a multi billion dollar promoter as its source of funding, yet still raised prices and introduced tiered pricing to ensure people buy early. You’re not paying between  £375 - £410 yet now are you.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Look, at least this is not Coachella, who has a multi billion dollar promoter as its source of funding, yet still raised prices and introduced tiered pricing to ensure people buy early. You’re not paying between  £375 - £410 yet now are you.

I don’t think it’s a complaint … it’s just likely to happen 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think we need to get at least another 2 pages of discussion out of this 😂

Oh at least 2, there’s still 4 man scout and bell tents left at Worthy View!  If you’ve a spare six or seven hundred quid doing nothing. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I don’t think it’s a complaint … it’s just likely to happen 

The jump isnt going to be that severe next year, though. Glasto isn’t going to raise it £100 overnight and if they did, you would have some decent backlash over it. They would get painted as greedy and opportunistic. I figure it goes up maybe £15 or so for next year and nobody bats an eye.

Edited by Suprefan

18 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

The jump isnt going to be that severe next year, though. Glasto isn’t going to raise it £100 overnight and if they did, you would have some decent backlash over it. They would get painted as greedy and opportunistic. I figure it goes up maybe £15 or so for next year and nobody bats an eye.

I think it should be closer to £350-400. Will price out the less desirables 😉

3 hours ago, March Hare said:

I think it should be closer to £350-400. Will price out the less desirables 😉

I doubt theyll care. It turned into one of the handful of festivals in the world that you mustt be  at 10 years ago. Since you’re not asked to invest that much into it to begin with, plus youll  have a chance to look at the line up and return your ticket if you want. But overall most people dont cause its such a pain to get one in the first place. If there was an actual secondary market or ticket exchange that would change A LOT about it. But there isn’t. And considering it is a charity event along with artists taking considerably lower fees, thats part of why it’s still under priced for what you get out of the event itself. If they took the typical festival approach and just got into bidding wars for talent there might be a whole different slate of acts that might have graced the stages over the years. They want to make this not about the money, and artists hopefully figure it out cause they can get that elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

I doubt theyll care. It turned into one of the handful of festivals in the world that you mustt be  at 10 years ago. Since you’re not asked to invest that much into it to begin with, plus youll  have a chance to look at the line up and return your ticket if you want. But overall most people dont cause its such a pain to get one in the first place. If there was an actual secondary market or ticket exchange that would change A LOT about it. But there isn’t. And considering it is a charity event along with artists taking considerably lower fees, thats part of why it’s still under priced for what you get out of the event itself. If they took the typical festival approach and just got into bidding wars for talent there might be a whole different slate of acts that might have graced the stages over the years. They want to make this not about the money, and artists hopefully figure it out cause they can get that elsewhere.

But wouldn’t you want them to charge more so they could pay the lesser performers fees, instead of paying them with a free ticket?