Ticket balance due in March not April

dotdash79

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s true, but maybe they could increase the payment window from just the first week in March to the full month of February and then have an earlier resale. Cash in the festival a bit earlier and the resale crew don’t have to wait  as long!  Also April resale  date sometimes coincides with folk on holiday which can be cause problems. 

Doing that wouldn't make any difference to the festival finances. There's no difference, to the Festival, between first week in march and any other window that falls between 1st October and 31st March as the money is held in an escrow account by Seetickets and the cash won't be released to GFL until the festival takes place.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Doing that wouldn't make any difference to the festival finances. There's no difference, to the Festival, between first week in march and any other window that falls between 1st October and 31st March as the money is held in an escrow account by Seetickets and the cash won't be released to GFL until the festival takes place.

Ta for that, so in the special circumstances this year with the vat element being temporarily reduced surely the festival will benefit from the balance payment date being moved back into March? 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ta for that, so in the special circumstances this year with the vat element being temporarily reduced surely the festival will benefit from the balance payment date being moved back into March? 

Yes, that looks to be the case.

A few other festivals are making comparable moves for presumably the same reason - EOTR recently moved their balance payment deadline forward from June until the end of March for example.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Any source for this?

20 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Any source for this?

Not off the top of my head, but in the past Emily has said words to the effect of they don't receive the cash until the festival takes place, and that's consistent with standard practice for all of the major / reputable ticket agencies.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It may have to go on covering price increases from various contractors after a couple of years of no business.

I have no doubt there will be a price increase, but that would (normally) be calculated on a VAT excluded basis, then 20% added (which the fest doesn’t see as it’s just passed through to the taxman). The implication with the date move is that whatever the price, 20% will still be added but Glasto will pocket the 7.5% rate difference.

What I’m saying is maybe add 18% and pocket 5.5% difference. They still get a cash boost but the punters price is lower.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, Gnomicide said:

Actually, I'm doubting myself now. It's always said April for the resale but did it say April for balance? I thought I had a screenshot but can't find it.

We need @Dukeiconand his mysterious ways of seeing what's been updated and when.

22nd September it got updated.

1423733942_Screenshot2021-09-24at23_01_16.png.5bc8b24cb8eb0a461211cef0ebba4b33.png

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:55 PM, Neil said:

before the end of this month would be because of when their vat quarters run to and from, rather than whether the vat is due at the point of transaction or not

VAT Quarter vary from company to company - I think it depends on the month you went VAT registered.
My Quarters end April, Jul, Oct & Jan.

Edited by Dukeicon

On 9/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, Simpo said:

Reminder, for me and everybody else, that the remaining balance was (is) £215 per ticket. x

Isn't that the 2020 price? 

Isn't the 2022 price not confirmed yet?

Rolling over your ticket included accepting the 2022 terms and conditions. So once the opportunity for £50 refunds has gone they'll release the 2022 price and we'll all be committed to that or get the £30 refund

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Rolling over your ticket included accepting the 2022 terms and conditions. So once the opportunity for £50 refunds has gone they'll release the 2022 price and we'll all be committed to that or get the £30 refund

I'm pretty sure that they'll end up announcing the 2022 prices before the free cancellation period has finished (currently scheduled to end on Dec 31st, though not impossible it extends again.), as to do otherwise would be a bit shifty and out of character.

Once that's past, the admin fee is now up to £25.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:51 PM, Gnomicide said:

Found the old ref to payment in April. 

Screenshot_20210923-125044_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2cf61205c72686fe015e1d674a2e1dc.jpg

23 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Isn't that the 2020 price? 

Isn't the 2022 price not confirmed yet?

Looks like the new prices will be announced before the free cancellation window ends. Maybe in the next month of so. 

image.thumb.png.9b61aa388986d37b0d425b4dd56bce18.png

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

What's all this about an accommodation/campervan resale which has already happened?

Did I miss an announcement or thread? Feels like this was quickly done on the downlow, and I missed it!

It wasn’t announced on website but e mails were sent out a few days before resale. There might still be accommodation left if you go on Glastonbury see tickets. There were still some scout tents and camper passes available last night 

9 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

VAT Quarter vary from company to company - I think it depends on the month you went VAT registered.
My Quarters end April, Jul, Oct & Jan.

you can pick your vat months, i picked mine to suit my workload (which annoys my accountant cos they don't match my company accounting year, and i reckon festival businesses would pick their resales timings to suit what they wanted to achieve with those resales ( lots of different factors~) after all, theres not much advantage towards vat because the vat has to be paid to the vatman somwhen.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It wasn’t announced on website but e mails were sent out a few days before resale. There might still be accommodation left if you go on Glastonbury see tickets. There were still some scout tents and camper passes available last night 

Not everybody got an email, I certainly didn't and wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't on here. 

33 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Not everybody got an email, I certainly didn't and wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't on here. 

Seems quite a few didn’t get the e Mail.  Wonder what mailing list they used , maybe past WV customers?  Just shows how useful e fests  is!  First thing I thought when I got the e Mail was to get it on here 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

39 minutes ago, March Hare said:

I think we can expect substantial price increases in the ticket price. There will be costs to cover from two cancelled festivals and the previous tickets have been underpriced. The speed of sale is evidence of this. £300+ will be normal very soon

Don't forget that GFEL received a grant of £900,000 from the Culture Recovery Fund. While they would have lost out on some money, that will have helped pay for staff and other projects that they specified for 6 months.

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Seems quite a few didn’t get the e Mail.  Wonder what mailing list they used , maybe past WV customers?  Just shows how useful e fests  is!  First thing I thought when I got the e Mail was to get it on here 

Not past WV customers - i've not stayed there but got the email.

Maybe it was more local people? I'm based in Somerset?