Ticket balance due in March not April

dotdash79

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Appears to be at the point of transaction - think that's why so many festivals are pushing to get sales in before the end of this month including the unexpected Glastonbury Campervan/Accomodation resale.

before the end of this month would be because of when their vat quarters run to and from, rather than whether the vat is due at the point of transaction or not

and most of all would depend on how the person doing their accounts, like to handle cashflow to the businesesses advantage (nothing illegal in that), PEOPLE LIKE TO WORK STUFF TO THEIR ADVANTAGE AND NOT TO THEIR DISADVANTAGE.

1 hour ago, nicnzl said:

Damn not good news for those of use travelling from the other side of the world and needing all the time possible to work if we can indeed travel/get back home

Its actually better. And even highlighting that there is ticket coverage and such means they anticipate people might not be able to go and youll get a refund. But this time there are no more rollovers. 

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its actually better. And even highlighting that there is ticket coverage and such means they anticipate people might not be able to go and youll get a refund. But this time there are no more rollovers. 

Except I'll probably take the risk, pay the full balance and may end up not being able to go.  So really it could be a ticket in the bin.

36 minutes ago, nicnzl said:

Except I'll probably take the risk, pay the full balance and may end up not being able to go.  So really it could be a ticket in the bin.

Refunds available up to 6th May, albeit with an admin charge.

B5100162-6E9E-44CD-8291-B75BBE9E9000.jpeg

Edited by John the Moth
Found the info....
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, incident said:

Good spot. This has to be a VAT thing and makers perfect sense in that context.

In short, VAT on event tickets is currently reduced to 5%. This goes up to 12.5% on October 1st, and then back up to the full 20% on April 1st.

Why don't they get us to pay now then? Would save even more money!

1 hour ago, duke88 said:

Why don't they get us to pay now then? Would save even more money!

This... a guess a large majority would be able to pay upfront now.

They just need to open and announce that payment can take place between now and March. Budget on everyone paying last minute - with any early payments at the 5% VAT rate additional profit to support going forward

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

People need to save I would guess … for some it’s not an insignificant amount that can be found down the back of the sofa 

Yeah, I guess so, but they've had two years of knowing they'd be having to pay it! It's not cheap for me, so I put a bit away each month for it every year. 2022 was all saved up for by early 2020! Appreciate not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to leave a couple of hundred quid in a savings account for a festival for two years though.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

I need this resale on March 27th to not have to book anything. It would be nice and people will likely gave been paid.

Do most people not get paid at the end of the month? I’d imagine the most appropriate resale would be 3rd April myself. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

People need to save I would guess … for some it’s not an insignificant amount that can be found down the back of the sofa 

That’s true, but maybe they could increase the payment window from just the first week in March to the full month of February and then have an earlier resale. Cash in the festival a bit earlier and the resale crew don’t have to wait  as long!  Also April resale  date sometimes coincides with folk on holiday which can be cause problems.