Ticket balance due in March not April

dotdash79

Well spotted, I assume this will receive greater publicity nearer the time. Noticed that applies to coach packages  and general admissions. Wonder  if they will bring the resale forward? Could mean a resale late march.  Things moving with the news yesterday of Worthy View resale  .  Great to see the planning forging ahead 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Good spot. This has to be a VAT thing and makers perfect sense in that context.

In short, VAT on event tickets is currently reduced to 5%. This goes up to 12.5% on October 1st, and then back up to the full 20% on April 1st.

Yeah that does make sense.

My thinking was that contractors might be asking for money up front before they commit to a build.

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Shit what does this mean for re-sale. I'm on holiday for the 2nd week of March (in the UK but no doubt with rubbish internet a it's the middle of nowhere) I deliberately booked March and not April so that I would be at home with all our trusty equipment for re-sale day!!

probably not worth overthinking that at this stage ...  

5 minutes ago, incident said:

In short, VAT on event tickets is currently reduced to 5%. This goes up to 12.5% on October 1st, and then back up to the full 20% on April 1st.

Based on a ticket value of £270 excluding the value of the program (that’s VAT free). Bringing the sale forward would save around £2.8 million of VAT which could be used to prevent large price hikes  

£54 of VAT at 20% per ticket

£33.75 of VAT at 12.5% per ticket

140000 tickets

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Based on a ticket value of £270 excluding the value of the program (that’s VAT free). Bringing the sale forward would save around £2.8 million of VAT which could be used to prevent large price hikes  

140000 tickets

That makes sense, and also suggests any resale will be before April 

14 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

140000 tickets

Those numbers are probably a shade high as ~270 before VAT seems unlikely, I think it'll be around that including VAT (which would put the VAT at 30 and 45 quid respectively.

But the principle is absolutely spot on.

26 minutes ago, incident said:

Would the VAT be payed this way, or would it be based on when the festival takes place? 

Just now, philipsteak said:

Would the VAT be payed this way, or would it be based on when the festival takes place? 

Appears to be at the point of transaction - think that's why so many festivals are pushing to get sales in before the end of this month including the unexpected Glastonbury Campervan/Accomodation resale.