Acts Ruled Out of Glastonbury 2022

Matt42

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Stop what you're doing at the moment, just pause for a second. Mute the telly, tell the kids to pipe down, give the dog a bone to silence it.

Listen, concentrate, focus very carefully. Now can you hear it? It's the sound of the world not giving a flying fuck about Miles Hunt in 2022, what he's doing and what the pillock thinks about fucking anything. 

I must admit to have watched and enjoyed a few of his live streams during lockdown mind, but I think Glastonbury may just about survive without him.

4 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Keep expecting to see Manics on here whenever I open the thread...

Any further news on them playing or not? I mean, all they'd do is add to the already clash-ridden line up, but I really hope they're on the next poster.

They could easily end up being one of the acts that got the bump from the first poster in favour of something a bit more contemporary as they play everywhere all the time, but nah don’t think we’ve had any indication either way. I’m kinda hoping they end up opening Other on the Friday, but not sure how likely that really is.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

They could easily end up being one of the acts that got the bump from the first poster in favour of something a bit more contemporary as they play everywhere all the time, but nah don’t think we’ve had any indication either way. I’m kinda hoping they end up opening Other on the Friday, but not sure how likely that really is.

Weren't they originally meant to be playing the park in 2020? When's the park line up expected?

i rarely get to namedrop, especially with anyone even remotely glastonbury-related, but i had a chat to Roddy Bottum of Faith No More/Man on man fame last week, and he said they'd never been asked to play - but that he'd love to. Either of his incarnations would be amazing, if you ask me. . . . (man on man are great, a kind of gay disco/shoegaze 90's american indie kind of vibe)

51 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i rarely get to namedrop, especially with anyone even remotely glastonbury-related, but i had a chat to Roddy Bottum of Faith No More/Man on man fame last week, and he said they'd never been asked to play - but that he'd love to. Either of his incarnations would be amazing, if you ask me. . . . (man on man are great, a kind of gay disco/shoegaze 90's american indie kind of vibe)

@emilyeavis get these men on the phone for next year! 

• Upvote 1