Acts Ruled Out of Glastonbury 2022

Matt42

Well that's rubbish news! They'd have absolutely killed it.

I have tickets for Manchester later in the year but there's something great about seeing your favourites at the Big G. 

Edit: Also, now I know this, I'm just going to be frustrated when I see some of the acts that have made the cut 😭

Edited by zeppelin

31 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So they wanted to play but the festival just didn’t book them? 

Or have I misinterpreted that? 

Real shame either way. 

As is my understanding, a long-list of acts to fill the slots at remaining stages get considered post-initial announce and whittled down depending on numerous factors. Parcels were firmly in the mix earlier this month but I found out over the weekend direct that they had not made the final cut. They were dead keen and the fest opened discussions, so it's not a cold process or unrequited love, per se — but still disappointing either way.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

As is my understanding, a long-list of acts to fill the slots at remaining stages get considered post-initial announce and whittled down depending on numerous factors. Parcels were firmly in the mix earlier this month but I found out over the weekend direct that they had not made the final cut. They were dead keen and the fest opened discussions, so it's not a cold process or unrequited love, per se — but still disappointing either way.

That’s really interesting. I always thought that barring some unusual circumstances, things would be more or less finalised by the time the poster is out and that they just pick a selection of acts, based on who’s going to be exciting, who’s ready to be announced, who wants to be left off as they have ticket sales etc., not that there were still a few places up for grabs. If the festival were keen on them then it does make a 2023 slot seem likely. 

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Turnstile d4bbed down from Primavera... 

Gutting that one. Hoping it’s just a case of them streamlining their trip over here rather than cancelling altogether, although don’t really fancy my chances of seeing them at Glastonbury on that undoubtedly busy Sunday.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gutting that one. Hoping it’s just a case of them streamlining their trip over here rather than cancelling altogether, although don’t really fancy my chances of seeing them at Glastonbury on that undoubtedly busy Sunday.

Looks like Primavera was a couple of weeks before a solid run of festivals/gigs in Europe so hopefully they’ll still be at Glastonbury. As you say though, I’m not confident about seeing them at all and I’m expecting some sort of Diana Ross clash, so I was banking on seeing them at Primavera instead.

9 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Saw Let's Eat Grandma tonight with a signing after. Asked about Glasto and they unfortunately said they haven't been booked. Pretty gutted about that one tbh (although not impossible that they're telling fibs!)

Said the exact same to someone I know in Bristol the other night funnily enough 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:12 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Turnstile d4bbed down from Primavera... 

Not the only one over there. Major changes, with some bands not playing both weekends that initially were supposed (like Massive Attack) and Brockhampton totally out.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:02 PM, FloorFiller said:

Damn was really hoping they’d be there. Didn’t get a ticket for their Manchester show but been hammering their new album since it’s release. Guess I’ll have to hope that something pops up on twickets nearer the time. 

I cant make any promises and it would only come apparent a day or two before but I have two for the Manchester show and sometimes the other half just ain't up for it when the occasion comes along.  If she is not keen, I will let you know and you can have the spare.  Its an option for you at least