Campervans, tipis and pre-erected tents resale

netspy

11 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Strange that they're having a campervan sale at this time, does it mean that there is a general resale coming up and they want to give current ticket holders first dibs??

I can't imagine that they've opened up more space unless it's at Bath & West.

would you be interested otherwise ? 

8 minutes ago, incident said:

I think the "at 2020 prices" is significant here.

I'm taking it to imply that when they're next on sale (April?), then they'll not necessarily be at those prices.

and the same for standard tickets ... which tbf they have held the price on so we might see 2 years worth of rises 

34 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Strange that they're having a campervan sale at this time, does it mean that there is a general resale coming up and they want to give current ticket holders first dibs??

I can't imagine that they've opened up more space unless it's at Bath & West.

It would make more sense to do a general resale followed by CV tickets, which is the usual pattern, so I’m guessing not. Current ticket holders have had the opportunity, it wouldn’t be fair if there was no chance for new ticket holders in April or whenever 

Isn’t it great to see this? A positive move seeing the festival doing a resale, just nice to see planning  is going on as normal.    Although folk might not have asked for ticket deposits back I reckon quite a number might have decided to ask for a refund of the preerected tents. Having 400 quid plus tied  up for a few years is a significant sum.  Or has more been added, I did talk to a few folk at Worthy pastures who were impressed by the tents. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Does anyone know where I could find a price list for this? 

Check out Worthy View accommodation options. I suppose the idea is to give first chance to those already holding ticket deposits rather than wait until after the main April ticket resale and at the price others have already paid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

A quick query. My group is very keen on a CV pass, how many people would one pitch be able to accommodate, there are currently 6 of us, so that would be some in van and some camped on the pitch space

from https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/#awnings
• An additional small tent may be pitched in the space behind the Campervan/Caravan, as directed by parking stewards, if space is available, however space is very limited.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Plenty of help available here once the resale day comes round. It must feel like an eternity for the ticketless since October 2019. 

Just a tad, not a sniff since 2017, 8 in a row before then so can't really complain, but would dearly love to get back on the farm again next year, and with a campervan, which would be a first. I'm resigned to 'it is what it is', but hopeful come resale day the ticket gods smile favorably. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

Just a tad, not a sniff since 2017, 8 in a row before then so can't really complain, but would dearly love to get back on the farm again next year, and with a campervan, which would be a first. I'm resigned to 'it is what it is', but hopeful come resale day the ticket gods smile favorably. 

The imponderable is actually how many tickets have already been refunded and how many are still holding on to deposits but may not go.  i know a couple who are doing that, a commitment for next June means it’s highly unlikely they will go. Anyway best of luck come next April 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

The imponderable is actually how many tickets have already been refunded and how many are still holding on to deposits but may not go.  i know a couple who are doing that, a commitment for next June means it’s highly unlikely they will go.

As it stands, there's no reason for people to get a refund yet unless their financial situation has changed enough that they need the 50 quid back or they're 100% sure they can't make it. The "free" refund window keeps getting quietly extended and now runs until Dec 31st so it makes total sense to hold off until the end of the year before making a decision.

My guess is that the Dec 31st date is going to be the one that holds firm, and it'll only be then that even the festival themselves can take a reasonable guess of how many tickets are likely to be available come April.

14 hours ago, spg said:

from https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/#awnings
• An additional small tent may be pitched in the space behind the Campervan/Caravan, as directed by parking stewards, if space is available, however space is very limited.

Thank you!