Isle of Wight 2022

Samba123

After browsing a few acts on the Kashmir line up this afternoon I can recommend checking out Slick Minded Individuals if you like Jazzy Funky Hip Hop, and Bohemians for some indie that is a bit like Two Door Cinema club in places

EDIT: and The Ohmz are some Dubby reggae vibes, I'd not heard of much off this poster but looks like it has real depth after sampling just a few names that stood out 

Edited by Tommy101
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

After browsing a few acts on the Kashmir line up this afternoon I can recommend checking out Slick Minded Individuals if you like Jazzy Funky Hip Hop, and Bohemians for some indie that is a bit like Two Door Cinema club in places

EDIT: and The Ohmz are some Dubby reggae vibes, I'd not heard of much off this poster but looks like it has real depth after sampling just a few names that stood out 

Just realised the poster is 'The Bohemians' who seem to be a queen cover band!

54 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Just realised the poster is 'The Bohemians' who seem to be a queen cover band!

It's a third option (!); "Six piece Ska-blues band playing self-penned originals" https://isleofwightfestival.com/artists-a-z/the-bohemians

edit: actually I am really surprised there is not a Queen cover band announced so far. Maybe in the Hipshaker Lounge, they bad Blur and Oasis tributes last year in there

Edited by gregory

5 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

The K's were on early doors on the main stage last year and were quite good; one of the more surprisingly positive bands of the weekend for me

they were also on the riverstage and this feeling stage. managed by john giddings

On 5/23/2022 at 11:15 AM, Tommy101 said:

The K's were on early doors on the main stage last year and were quite good; one of the more surprisingly positive bands of the weekend for me

I will second The Ks too, they are a decent band for their size.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bvincen1 said:

See on the website that they have added a couple of names to the mainstage (opening Saturday and Sunday). Greek tragedies and Beth Brookfield…no offence to them but not really what we were hoping to be added

1 hour ago, Bvincen1 said:

See on the website that they have added a couple of names to the mainstage (opening Saturday and Sunday). Greek tragedies and Beth Brookfield…no offence to them but not really what we were hoping to be added

they are iow band winners

3 hours ago, galbani said:

Hey folks - anyone have a site map with gate numbers for this year?

I'm looking for gate A2

Thanks

I don't have any specific information for this year - but I doubt it's changed from last time.

In 2021, Gate A2 was accessed from just off North Fairlee Road, via the lane leading to Island Harbour Marina.

9 hours ago, incident said:

I don't have any specific information for this year - but I doubt it's changed from last time.

In 2021, Gate A2 was accessed from just off North Fairlee Road, via the lane leading to Island Harbour Marina.

Thanks!

On 6/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, Neon said:

I believe there are some bars within that except cash in return for beer. I have never come across these and would be interested in if anyone knows which places these are.

thanks for any info👌

Most festivals have gone cashless, just bring your debit card if this is what you mean?

Hi, could someone please answer a few questions for a first timer?

1) What are the queues like for the shuttle buses on the Monday?

2) We're volunteering so will be getting the public bus there from Ryde on the Weds - does anyone know which bus stop is closest to gate A2?

3) How long is the walk from staff camping to the main stages? Am I right in thinking we'll be pretty far away?

4) Is there any point bringing any cash at all or will nowhere accept it?

Thanks

The queue looked massive on the Monday when I joined it at about peak time last year (around 10 30/11 form memory) but I was on a bus and on my way within 10-15 mins. Was really surprised at how well organised it was and how many people they were managing to get off the site so quickly.

I can't really help with the rest. I'm sure there are cash points on site if you do need them albeit at a charge I'd have thought.