Isle of Wight 2022

Samba123

Agree - good to see Isle of Wight back this year, and we were very lucky with the weather, etc. - but the lineup was not as good as in previous years (maybe understandably, without being able to get many international acts). We also found it very expensive this year, even more so than usual. Over £6 for a beer and £14 for a pizza? That really is taking the mick. And was it just my group, but was it much quieter this year? Did not seem to have as many speaker stacks on the main stage as usual, and you could hear people talking over the music, which isn't good...

1 hour ago, retrokev said:

going for lionel ritchie fri
royal blood sat

kol sunday.

I reckon Royal Blood might have someone else with them, 4 headliners has been working well for them I think. Maybe Chems back for a closing set or someone else.

Just now, retrokev said:

he wont headline unless joint headliner with someone bigger than him to finish

He was scheduled to be a joint headliner alongside Lionel Richie in the original 2020/2021 announcements before things got changed. So that seems like a pretty likely option.

Though they did have George Ezra headline outright in 2019 and if they're prepared to do that then Capaldi outright is possible as well.

2 hours ago, incident said:

He was scheduled to be a joint headliner alongside Lionel Richie in the original 2020/2021 announcements before things got changed. So that seems like a pretty likely option.

Though they did have George Ezra headline outright in 2019 and if they're prepared to do that then Capaldi outright is possible as well.

From what I've heard from someone in the know, Lionel is also set to return next year as headliner.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Not awful in my opinion, feels the names are a lot stronger than 2021’s edition. Wonder where else this leaves Muse at, BST or Stadiums maybe

Agreed - stronger line-up than this year.

Muse are out and about in Europe - headlining Madcool in Madrid for example. Wouldn't be a surprise to see them at BST or their own dates I thinl.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, maelzoid said:

My guess is Muse will do a couple of other fests, maybe one north of the border? And then stadia in 2023.

TBH next summer is already looking pretty rammed for gigs for obvious reasons, it wouldn't surprise me if that puts a few acts off.

Was kinda surprised to see them at this one tbh. I knew they were doing events in Europe in 2022 (Mad Cool is very tempting) so I assumed a UK date was possible, but I had genuinely thought something like BST Hyde Park. Isle of Wight with Rudimental is a bit more left-field. I also like the factoid that when Muse played IoW last time in 2007 that Kasabian were sub-headliners.

Do Isle of Wight do day passes? I thought for some reason it was a "full weekend or nothing at all" deal.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Was kinda surprised to see them at this one tbh. I knew they were doing events in Europe in 2022 (Mad Cool is very tempting) so I assumed a UK date was possible, but I had genuinely thought something like BST Hyde Park. Isle of Wight with Rudimental is a bit more left-field. I also like the factoid that when Muse played IoW last time in 2007 that Kasabian were sub-headliners.

Do Isle of Wight do day passes? I thought for some reason it was a "full weekend or nothing at all" deal.

they do at a later date.sell weekend first and see how sale go