Y Not 2022

gfa

Hi everyone! My first time at Y Not this weekend having always done bigger camping festivals in the past (Reading, Glasto, Boomtown), just had a few questions. 

How far is the walk from car to normal campsite? Appreciate there are different campsites but just remembering the hellish walk at Glasto and not wanting to repeat it carrying all our booze, particularly if we have to bring it all in upon first entry

On that note, I'm assuming bringing your booze in upon re-entry is strictly enforced? So we only can take as much as we can carry on first entry? 

Is there anywhere on site that we can buy crates or other booze other than bars? I know this was a thing at Reading 10+ years ago but Glasto and Boomtown definitely don't let you buy on site other than from bars

Are there any bars in the campsite so you can buy drinks before/after the music? Or can you literally only buy booze in the arena?

Are there food places in the campsites? 

Thank you for any wisdom shared! 

1 hour ago, Euanb23 said:

Hi everyone! My first time at Y Not this weekend having always done bigger camping festivals in the past (Reading, Glasto, Boomtown), just had a few questions. 

How far is the walk from car to normal campsite? Appreciate there are different campsites but just remembering the hellish walk at Glasto and not wanting to repeat it carrying all our booze, particularly if we have to bring it all in upon first entry

On that note, I'm assuming bringing your booze in upon re-entry is strictly enforced? So we only can take as much as we can carry on first entry? 

Is there anywhere on site that we can buy crates or other booze other than bars? I know this was a thing at Reading 10+ years ago but Glasto and Boomtown definitely don't let you buy on site other than from bars

Are there any bars in the campsite so you can buy drinks before/after the music? Or can you literally only buy booze in the arena?

Are there food places in the campsites? 

Thank you for any wisdom shared! 

There is a map I overlayed onto Google here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1CgHzXsAJ1NbjTarFRA7hiq4ZEPCLGfk&usp=sharing 

Depending where you camp/park. But about 10 minutes tops. 

Booze on re-entry I have seen enforced a few times. But there may be some leniency on day 1, gamble at your peril. 

There is a supermarket on site, but it's not going to be as big as you get at Reading/Glasto. I imagine there will be some crates, but probably not masses. 

The arena is the only place for bars usually. But once the Arena opens on the Thursday it barely closes. - It's open until 2:30/3am. Then re opens 10am the next day. No real need to buy any in the campsite to be honest. 

Yes there are food places in the campsites. 

55 minutes ago, ShorttyE said:

There is a map I overlayed onto Google here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1CgHzXsAJ1NbjTarFRA7hiq4ZEPCLGfk&usp=sharing 

Depending where you camp/park. But about 10 minutes tops. 

Booze on re-entry I have seen enforced a few times. But there may be some leniency on day 1, gamble at your peril. 

There is a supermarket on site, but it's not going to be as big as you get at Reading/Glasto. I imagine there will be some crates, but probably not masses. 

The arena is the only place for bars usually. But once the Arena opens on the Thursday it barely closes. - It's open until 2:30/3am. Then re opens 10am the next day. No real need to buy any in the campsite to be honest. 

Yes there are food places in the campsites. 

Perfect, thanks so much for your reply. The 10 minutes from car park to campsite sounds dreamy compared to the hours at Glasto

8 hours ago, Komaric said:

Thursday fine?

I have seen them Thursday's too. Usual, at your own risk. They can be pretty hot in due to the volume of teens that attend.

Re entry with alcohol...I have seen enforced before, but likewise I have been fine before. Really depends on the day and time.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:09 AM, ShorttyE said:

I have seen them Thursday's too. Usual, at your own risk. They can be pretty hot in due to the volume of teens that attend.

Re entry with alcohol...I have seen enforced before, but likewise I have been fine before. Really depends on the day and time.

Only one dog on the Thursday. Managed to get in and set in all fine, and then my mate’s pregnant Mrs goes in labour and we have to leave Friday morning hahaha

Had a great weekend personally. Too many great sets to list but Sea Girls, Vaccines, Courteeners and Vistas highlights 

Biggest surprise of the weekend was Blossoms by a mile. They smashed their headline set! I've seen them a couple times before but this time was by far the best and the setlist was perfect. 

Low point was Stereophonics, total snoozefest and what was that setlist? I wanted to see Pale Waves but missus wanted to see Stereophonics, and even she wasn't impressed by them. 

Festival itself was mostly well run, loved how small the area was, made getting about so easy. The lack of toilets was a ball ache mind you, and entry on Friday morning was a shambles. But overall if the lineup is solid next year, we'd go again!