The Levellers on the PS next year

guypjfreak

11 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Genuine question, why would they want to play Glastonbury when they literally have their own well established festival?

They usually play quite a few festivals every year that aren't Beautiful Days, so not sure that would be an obstacle.

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

Didn't they have a big falling out with the festival years ago?

So the rumor goes. However they have played Glastonbury at least twice since I first heard it (possibly 3 times - did they play JazzWorld or did I imagine that?).

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Big green bottles used to litter the field … they were as much a hazard as the cider … back then I think they did a festival strength killer version 

oh don't mention that stuff. Was drinking with friends and when we went to leave I then realised someone had come along and stolen my legs, and replaced them with comedy ones

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

oh don't mention that stuff. Was drinking with friends and when we went to leave I then realised someone had come along and stolen my legs, and replaced them with comedy ones

My second favourite kind of drunk after giggly. I love suddenly realising my legs are shot when everything else appears to be functioning.

Kind of the opinion they will never play the big G again tbh. They'd have to be invited anyway and unless they get called back by Eavis as a 'golden oldie' act for Sunday (as a number of indie bands from '80's and '90's are rapidly becoming), I can't see them wanting to step back. Its possible one of the other stage crews might have them though, e.g. Avalon. They're on record as saying they don't like playing big festivals now anyway, and along with their own, tend to lean towrds small festival gigs today.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Kind of the opinion they will never play the big G again tbh. They'd have to be invited anyway and unless they get called back by Eavis as a 'golden oldie' act for Sunday (as a number of indie bands from '80's and '90's are rapidly becoming), I can't see them wanting to step back. Its possible one of the other stage crews might have them though, e.g. Avalon. They're on record as saying they don't like playing big festivals now anyway, and along with their own, tend to lean towrds small festival gigs today.

Didn't they play the Avalon stage acoustic once? I can imagine them being up for it if asked, the smaller stages / areas have a nicer feel to the big ones and attract a different crowd. 

11 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Didn't they play the Avalon stage acoustic once? I can imagine them being up for it if asked, the smaller stages / areas have a nicer feel to the big ones and attract a different crowd. 

Last one was Glade in 2010. Banging set. I love 'em but personally don't reckon they'll be back.

1 hour ago, Metal Monkey said:

Yes, though I remember it being a smaller gig that no one could get in so I'm wondering was it the Avalon Cafe. Thinking it was before their 2005 appearance.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Yes, though I remember it being a smaller gig that no one could get in so I'm wondering was it the Avalon Cafe. Thinking it was before their 2005 appearance.

It was 2004, up against Oasis, in the full Avalon Stage as the Cafe didn't exist yet. The field was organised quite differently then, think the stage was facing the other direction.

13 hours ago, incident said:

It was 2004, up against Oasis, in the full Avalon Stage as the Cafe didn't exist yet. The field was organised quite differently then, think the stage was facing the other direction.

Ah yes - that makes more sence. Cant understand why I missed them in 2010 - must have sacrificed them in a terrible clash or something.