Le Guess Who?, Utrecht, 2021

Suggestives

Just wondering if anyone else here is doing LGW in November?

In anticipation of my favourite summer festivals (NPS, Green Man, EOTR) not happening I took a punt on booking ticket and accommodation, but apart from vague memories of an enjoyable day trip to the city about 20 yrs ago, I have no idea what to expect.

Given the wide international line-up I'm actually quite surprised that it seems to be going ahead .. I wonder how many last-minute changes there may be.

Anyway if anyone has been before and has any tips to share I'd be grateful for them, or if anyone else going for the first time wants to share the benefit of our research let me know 👍 

I think there'll be a lot of lineup churn given the international acts, unfortunately. Feel like even at this point in the pandemic it's very ambitious to be bringing artists over from Japan, Africa and the States.

I went once and it was good, but some of the venues are quite a walk from each other so you need to plan times accordingly. And some get to capacity fairly fast, so don't get attached to seeing every act you want to.

Superb and adventurous festival, and Utrecht is a lovely city. Amsterdam without the tourists!

I've got tickets, though to be honest I think it's doubtful whether or not it goes ahead. There were some new announcements this evening about corona here, mainly relaxing the regulations, but right now the festival still doesn't fit into the rules. For instance, a big dance festival here in Amsterdam that was planned for October immediately cancelled.

On 9/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, daveje said:

They just announced the complete lineup

Fingers crossed.

My must-see list is expanding rapidly based on that ... particularly excited to see The Limiñanas on there.

Would we normally expect to have programme details in advance or is it a case of picking one up with wristbands? I have noted that there's still uncertainty about venues being allowed to open after midnight, which may delay finalisation of timings.

5 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh btw, I'm selling a ticket if anyone's interested. I wanted to go but will be at uni so can't really afford to

That's a shame .. I was surprised at how expensive accommodation is in Utrecht. I managed to get something very basic and thought I'd find better over the summer but nothing doing. I hope you find a buyer for your ticket.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:18 PM, Suggestives said:

My must-see list is expanding rapidly based on that ... particularly excited to see The Limiñanas on there.

Would we normally expect to have programme details in advance or is it a case of picking one up with wristbands? I have noted that there's still uncertainty about venues being allowed to open after midnight, which may delay finalisation of timings.

Venues/timing is announced in advance, and you pick up timetables at the event.

The core of the festival is the Tivoli Vredenburg, since there are five or six stages in the same building. Almost all of the other locations are inside the canal that runs round the centre, except for the Ekko at the north, and De Helling at the south. Hire a bike.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:13 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh btw, I'm selling a ticket if anyone's interested. I wanted to go but will be at uni so can't really afford to

Gilgamesh69, would you contact me on richiegajdos@gmail.com in relation to your tick. I would like to buy yours. The ticks. are sold out already, so I am searching forums to find one. Appreciate it. Richie. P.S. or post your email address here and I will get in touch with you.

Gilgamesh69, i‘m highly interested in your ticket as well! Let me know if it’s still available (tassilo.burger@gmail.com)! 🙏😃

In fact, I’m looking for 2 tickets! So if you read this and you’re keen to make other human beings very happy, don’t hesitate to contact me! 🙂 thank youuu! 

• 3 weeks later...

Also looking for a weekend ticket, Sunday ticket or a swap deal if there’s anyone out there? 

I waited too long to get the full weekend ticket but have day tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday having missed out on the Sunday ticket as well. 

slighty wishful thinking but worth a try!

stu.desmond@gmail.com

Edited by Amnesiac_586