Wide Awake 2022

balthazarstarbuck

Can't see any difference from last year in terms of configuration, though I'm aware they share their production with Mighty Hoopla and Cross The Tracks so maybe their hands are tied in terms of re-siting some of the stages.

I hope tickets are doing alright, this is a great little festival and I'd hate to see it only last two years.

Just now, jannybruck said:

I hope tickets are doing alright, this is a great little festival and I'd hate to see it only last two years.

Aye. Worry they've gone to two days a bit too quickly - not got enough hype/reputation yet (a la field day). And they've completely changed the target audience with Bicep and Primal Scream as the two headliners. Too much too fast. 

29 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Aye. Worry they've gone to two days a bit too quickly - not got enough hype/reputation yet (a la field day). And they've completely changed the target audience with Bicep and Primal Scream as the two headliners. Too much too fast. 

Yeah, this is my concern. I thought it really worked as a one-day punk/electronic/leftfield festival last year but branching out to two days feels like it might be a bit of a stretch. Wouldn't be surprised if we see 2-4-1s popping up in the next couple of weeks.

There's real need for a little summer festival like this in London now Field Day has been co-opted into All Points East, so I've got my fingers crossed it does OK.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:43 PM, Tuna said:

Ah so they didn't listen to the complaints about Moth Club/Bad Vibrations sound bleed at all then? That's good. 

They’ve said that the stages are slightly further apart this year and that they’ve adjusted the stage times.  Hopefully that should reduce the sound bleed issues. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

They’ve said that the stages are slightly further apart this year and that they’ve adjusted the stage times.  Hopefully that should reduce the sound bleed issues. 

Ah cool I didn't read any of the adjacent media tbf. That's great!

On 5/10/2022 at 2:38 PM, Tuna said:

Genuinely surprised they haven't been able to sell out the Bicep day, in London. Maybe cause it's on a Friday, idk. 

I notice they have a reduced ticket, but you have to be inside by 4pm on the Friday & 2.30 on the Saturday. Wonder if sales going ok.

Originally i was thinking of going for both days, but now just the Saturday as Bicep are on at Green man.

Edited by axel75

Bicep are basically over-touring themselves as they did both last year's circuit, a headline tour last year, and now they're everywhere at this year's festivals. I'm sure Wide Awake got them for a decent amount because there's no exclusivity, but that also means there's very few people that will be desperate to see them that haven't already. Same with Caribou.

They started quite an aggressive tube advert campaign this weekend so hopefully that'll shift some more tickets.

Nice article containing interview with the organiser. Lovely to hear they have plans to continue for many years, with a vague theme each time. Interesting about having an establish name headliner who have influenced a lot of the newer acts playing.

https://www.nme.com/features/wide-awake-festival-2022-primal-scream-amyl-sniffers-yard-act-3226403

My plan for the day (not as packed as last year, this one includes toilet and food breaks!).

Keg - TFS - Umlauts - FWF - CIC - Special Interest - Primal Scream

(possibly Nation of Interest, k means & Alex Cameron).

1 hour ago, axel75 said:

Nice article containing interview with the organiser. Lovely to hear they have plans to continue for many years, with a vague theme each time. Interesting about having an establish name headliner who have influenced a lot of the newer acts playing.

https://www.nme.com/features/wide-awake-festival-2022-primal-scream-amyl-sniffers-yard-act-3226403

My plan for the day (not as packed as last year, this one includes toilet and food breaks!).

Keg - TFS - Umlauts - FWF - CIC - Special Interest - Primal Scream

(possibly Nation of Interest, k means & Alex Cameron).

Interesting article for sure! Maybe someone like spiritualized next year or belle and Sebastian?

• Like 1