Wide Awake 2022

balthazarstarbuck

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What was it like last year btw?  Was going to go but it clashed with EOTR

Like how many stages - indoor or outdoor?
What were the food and drink choices like, and how bad were the queues?

As mentioned above, one big outdoor stage, one mid-size outdoor stage. A big tent and a small tent, then a VIP area, which from my brief time in there was a bit of a waste of space. One or two rides for folks to enjoy. 

Were plenty of food and craft beer options, as well as the standard fare. Prices were to be expected, but I don't think eye-wateringly so.

The weather was spot on, so that helped, but was a good vibe and a decent crowd.

Queues were fine all round - toilets and for food and drink. The craft beer queues were longer than the main bar selling Red Stripe, which you could mostly just get to the front of instantly.

Ground around the bogs got a bit depressingly wet later on in the evening, so you were walking in boggy piss water if you weren't careful. They seemed to have ample of portaloos though.

I'd say it was about 70% full last year? Certainly a fair way off sold out.

20 hours ago, pedrogooch said:

As mentioned above, one big outdoor stage, one mid-size outdoor stage. A big tent and a small tent, then a VIP area, which from my brief time in there was a bit of a waste of space. One or two rides for folks to enjoy. 

Were plenty of food and craft beer options, as well as the standard fare. Prices were to be expected, but I don't think eye-wateringly so.

The weather was spot on, so that helped, but was a good vibe and a decent crowd.

Queues were fine all round - toilets and for food and drink. The craft beer queues were longer than the main bar selling Red Stripe, which you could mostly just get to the front of instantly.

Ground around the bogs got a bit depressingly wet later on in the evening, so you were walking in boggy piss water if you weren't careful. They seemed to have ample of portaloos though.

I'd say it was about 70% full last year? Certainly a fair way off sold out.

What were the searches like?

23 hours ago, zahidf said:

What were the searches like?

I remember security drug dogs being at both entrances and the way the gates work means you have to go past them. Saw plenty of people getting stopped and sent to the security tent to be searched but think it was a sort of give us your drugs and go in sort of deal. 

With under a month to go and "many more to come" still on the poster I wonder when the next announcement will be.

Last year I think there were 40-50 acts who ended up playing, and so far there's only 20 for Friday and 28 for Saturday on the poster, assuming it's going to be of a similar size and length that's a fair chunk of the lineup still to come and you'd imagine most of the bigger names already confirmed so it'll be smaller acts filling out the lineup unless they've kept some of the names higher on the bill back.

Edited by collectivisedfarming

https://wideawakelondon.co.uk/food-drink/

Food lineup looking tasty. Looking forward to trying Chickenish, Dippy Dogs, and Let's Do Maki.

3 hours ago, collectivisedfarming said:

With under a month to go and "many more to come" still on the poster I wonder when the next announcement will be.

Are you sure about that? Here's one of the most recent posters, which they posted on Facebook just a few hours ago...

Wide awake poster .png

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

https://wideawakelondon.co.uk/food-drink/

Food lineup looking tasty. Looking forward to trying Chickenish, Dippy Dogs, and Let's Do Maki.

Are you sure about that? Here's one of the most recent posters, which they posted on Facebook just a few hours ago...

Wide awake poster .png

Ah my mistake. I was looking on the website, which turns out didn't list anything after Kampire. It seems like a bit of a let down after last year but perhaps I'm not familiar enough with some of the Saturday names as I should be. 

On 4/29/2022 at 10:42 AM, GmasterWomble said:

I remember security drug dogs being at both entrances and the way the gates work means you have to go past them. Saw plenty of people getting stopped and sent to the security tent to be searched but think it was a sort of give us your drugs and go in sort of deal. 

I imagine they are not 'sniffer' dogs but rather for show. Private security would have no reason to have sniffer dogs

1 hour ago, Pateen said:

I imagine they are not 'sniffer' dogs but rather for show. Private security would have no reason to have sniffer dogs

I don't think they were just for show to be honest. Hoping this year they aren't gonna funnel you past the dog like last year, considering Bicep are playing and a lot more people will be carrying. 

4 hours ago, GmasterWomble said:

I don't think they were just for show to be honest. Hoping this year they aren't gonna funnel you past the dog like last year, considering Bicep are playing and a lot more people will be carrying. 

I agree, that friday with Bicep should (whether it will or not we'll see) have significantly more security than Wide Awake 2021.

Is the Friday reduced or something? As in some stages/areas closed. Just wondering because on Twitter they posted a map and captioned it with "Our site map for Saturday (....)".

Sidenote: fuck them for posting the map as a video instead of just a normal image like a normal fucking person would do

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh96 said:

Is the Friday reduced or something? As in some stages/areas closed. Just wondering because on Twitter they posted a map and captioned it with "Our site map for Saturday (....)".

Sidenote: fuck them for posting the map as a video instead of just a normal image like a normal fucking person would do

I quite liked the video (assuming there's a normal map at some point)! Although it's probably not very inclusive.

They tweeted that Adonis will be curating a stage, with a full lineup coming soon, on the Friday. So presumably one of those existing stages will be renamed as that, leaving five stages left. I would not be surprised if they didn't open the Bad Vibrations stage for Friday and divided the rest of the acts between the main stage (Windmill) and the other three tents.