Wide Awake 2022

balthazarstarbuck

8 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m hoping I’m missing someone good on this line up as it just seems very average to me.  Any got any recommendations?

I like Keg, Comet is Coming, Katy J, Overmono and Floating Points and Boy Harsher. 

Yeah it’s not great. The Horrors are class on their day but their latest EP suggests they’re currently in some weird industrial noise shite state which I hope doesn’t takeover live. 

You might like Sorry and The Lounge Society 

4 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m hoping I’m missing someone good on this line up as it just seems very average to me.  Any got any recommendations?

I like Keg, Comet is Coming, Katy J, Overmono and Floating Points and Boy Harsher. 

Faye Webster, Al Cam, Dregs, Altin Gun, TFS… Dream Wife go off live, Surfbort would be fun as hell, Vladimir Ivkovic was good on loan at Fulham, Connan is class - the weird little fucker, Morby writes a hell of a tune. I imagine a lot of the ones neither of us have heard of are worth a crack, just because of the type of acts they book.

I see why Scream are not filling anyone with joy, seeing as they’re everywhere all the time. But it just means you can probably have an intimate-ish performance from a decent second stage headliner.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Modern Woman and Special Interest but nothing apart from that. Looks pretty crap this year imo.

Thanks I am enjoying both of these!  That Street Pulse Beat track is brilliant!

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Faye Webster, Al Cam, Dregs, Altin Gun, TFS… Dream Wife go off live, Surfbort would be fun as hell, Vladimir Ivkovic was good on loan at Fulham, Connan is class - the weird little fucker, Morby writes a hell of a tune. I imagine a lot of the ones neither of us have heard of are worth a crack, just because of the type of acts they book.

I see why Scream are not filling anyone with joy, seeing as they’re everywhere all the time. But it just means you can probably have an intimate-ish performance from a decent second stage headliner.

Thank you.  Yeah I do like Faye Webster actually.  The others are just kind of okay for me personally.

For the price, I’m trying not to complain too much.  It’s walking distance from my flat and I don’t need to take annual leave for it. It’s just a bit of a let down in comparison to last year’s. I’m sure it will still be good. 

Hoping Overmono and Floating Points finish things off in the Daniel Avery tent. 

Friday line-up still looks a bit unexciting (apart from Bicep).
I already have an early bird ticket for the Saturday, so will probably wait until nearer the time to see if any reduced tickets become available for the Friday. £50 for the day seems a little bit pricey, but i haven't really compared prices of other London day festivals.
Also already going to a couple of other festivals who haven't announced all the acts yet, so some of those laying on Friday may be on elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

New additions to Saturday.  Not heard of any of them before apart from Amyl & The Sniffers (don’t like them much). 

8B817B70-A9FC-4BB0-87A2-39F1409FCC77.jpeg

I've been trying to convince myself to leave this what with Primavera literally the opposite side of the weekend but between Floating Points, Amyl, TCIC, Yard Act, Boy Harsher, Billy No Mates, Chubby, Dream Wife, Faye Webster, Special Interest and Trpoical F*ck storm I cant say no. That's a decent day in itself. 

1 hour ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I've been trying to convince myself to leave this what with Primavera literally the opposite side of the weekend but between Floating Points, Amyl, TCIC, Yard Act, Boy Harsher, Billy No Mates, Chubby, Dream Wife, Faye Webster, Special Interest and Trpoical F*ck storm I cant say no. That's a decent day in itself. 

Yeah I’m looking forward to it!  The line up is not as good as last year’s imo but it will still be a very good day I’m sure. 

I’m hoping for a run along the lines of: Unschooling > KEG > The Umlauts > Automatic > Modern Woman > Special Interest > Katy J Pearson > Boy Harsher > The Comet is Coming > Overmono > Floating Points. 

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What was it like last year btw?  Was going to go but it clashed with EOTR

Like how many stages - indoor or outdoor?
What were the food and drink choices like, and how bad were the queues?

There were two outdoor stages last year, two indoor dance/electronic focused tents, a large tent and then a smaller tent, so four indoor and two outdoor if I remember correctly. 

Drink, if you like beer is really good as there were about ten local brewers offering pints, never queued for more than ten minutes and usually significantly less. Red Stripe cans and usual stuff at other bars. Food was decent, I have a restrictive diet and still had plenty of choice.